General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

72 V code Supreme, 1 of 77

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2016, 04:32 PM

72 V code Supreme, 1 of 77

This is another car that I was working on purchasing for the past two years. The owner and I could not come to an agreement on price. It is a 72 455 4 speed Supreme. The car is 1 of 77 made from what I understand but to me that does not mean much for the condition. The car does not have the engine, transmission or shifter. It is a fairly solid car from what I can tell. He said it was completely rust free when he parked it where it is but it is not in a good spot. It appears to still not have any bad rust.. BUT!!! Some raccoons crawled up through the 4 speed hole and destroyed the interior. The floors are FULL of raccoon poop. I offered him $1000 for the car and thought I may be on the high side, He said no. Is a V code supreme in this condition worth offering him more? I don't feel it is worth any more than that but I have no history with a V code supreme. Any thoughts?
Old October 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM

You need to chat with Terry B.
Old October 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM

The seller should have taken your offer. Supremes don't bring as much as an S body style, plus the things that made it unique are all gone. The only way to buy that car is low or you end up upside down real fast. Just my .02.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
This is another car that I was working on purchasing for the past two years. The owner and I could not come to an agreement on price. It is a 72 455 4 speed Supreme. The car is 1 of 77 made from what I understand but to me that does not mean much for the condition. The car does not have the engine, transmission or shifter. It is a fairly solid car from what I can tell. He said it was completely rust free when he parked it where it is but it is not in a good spot. It appears to still not have any bad rust.. BUT!!! Some raccoons crawled up through the 4 speed hole and destroyed the interior. The floors are FULL of raccoon poop. I offered him $1000 for the car and thought I may be on the high side, He said no. Is a V code supreme in this condition worth offering him more? I don't feel it is worth any more than that but I have no history with a V code supreme. Any thoughts?
So what options are on it? If it's a bucket seat, console, Rallye pack car I probably would have rejected the $1000 offer too. If it's solid, it's worth pursuing. It won't be a VIN numbers block matching car, but unlike a W-31, none of the parts are hard to find to make it largely correct, except for the lower front air dam reinforcement piece. You can't typically buy a solid but ragged 350 automatic Supreme for a grand. In any case, I'd love to get some pics and info for the registry if you have any. If it's Viking Blue I'd be interested in talking to the owner. : ) Thanks Eric.
Terry
Old October 2nd, 2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by vette442
So what options are on it? If it's a bucket seat, console, Rallye pack car I probably would have rejected the $1000 offer too. If it's solid, it's worth pursuing. It won't be a VIN numbers block matching car, but unlike a W-31, none of the parts are hard to find to make it largely correct, except for the lower front air dam reinforcement piece. You can't typically buy a solid but ragged 350 automatic Supreme for a grand. In any case, I'd love to get some pics and info for the registry if you have any. If it's Viking Blue I'd be interested in talking to the owner. : ) Thanks Eric.
Terry
Thanks, It is almost certain that I will end up with this car someday. It is just a matter of time and what is left of it by the time I get it. At this time I believe it is still a solid foundation. The little I was able to look at it the couple times I was near it I seen no rust any place on it but also considering the location it is sitting I would bet there is. I do not remember what options it had but I know it is not a rally pack car. I think it was power disc brakes, power steering but not sure what else it had. I think he said it was a posi but I don't know that myself. If it is posi I may offer him more. We will be pulling this car out in the open to look it over better next year some time. It is not going to be worth anything if it is not moved from where it is now soon.
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:48 AM
4 Barrels of Laughs

Originally Posted by Ctls442
The seller should have taken your offer. Supremes don't bring as much as an S body style, plus the things that made it unique are all gone. The only way to buy that car is low or you end up upside down real fast. Just my .02.
'always wondered about that....since I was a kid, I called them 'bubble cars' and thot they were ugly - all makes, but the supreme, now I felt that was supremely fine....never got to own one tho, growing up in pittsburgh most cars had side access to the trunk so the viable population was low...