General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

70 OLDS. 3spd.

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM

Lightbulb 70 OLDS. 3spd.

I joined the forum because I'm so in depth to find out how many other 70 Cutlass Supreme's where built with 3 speeds on the column? I purchased ours in Flint this last winter. It is a conv. with the 350 2bl.,burgundy paint, power black top, black split bench seat and interior,power streering,and sport mirrors,SSII wheels.Also it was built in Lansing (not far away.) I've been on the internet for the last 4 months and haven't had no luck. I get alot of whatttt!!!!!! You have what???? I hope you can help?? I can understand that there was some F85's with the 250ci's with the 3 on trees but Cutlass Supremes?? Thanks I hope you can put some light on this.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo67
I joined the forum because I'm so in depth to find out how many other 70 Cutlass Supreme's where built with 3 speeds on the column? I purchased ours in Flint this last winter. It is a conv. with the 350 2bl.,burgundy paint, power black top, black split bench seat and interior,power streering,and sport mirrors,SSII wheels.Also it was built in Lansing (not far away.) I've been on the internet for the last 4 months and haven't had no luck. I get alot of whatttt!!!!!! You have what???? I hope you can help?? I can understand that there was some F85's with the 250ci's with the 3 on trees but Cutlass Supremes?? Thanks I hope you can put some light on this.
That's a rare one. I run a registry website for 70-72 manual transmission Supremes and over the past 10+ years, I have not found any '70s with manual transmissions with column shifters. I know of one '72 ragtop in eastern PA that is supposed to have been a 3 speed manual on the column originally, but it is now converted to a floor shifter. I'll be watching this thread with interest...
Terry
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM

Thanks so much for the reply !!! I may just have one of one?? Were doing a frame up on this car because we want to show and go!! But also to let others see what you can find without even looking!!!! Thanks Again...