General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

1965 Delta 88 Factory AC Question

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2016, 02:21 PM

1965 Delta 88 Factory AC

Hey All! the delta i recently purchased was equipped with factory AC however over the years some one has disconnected some of the vacuum lines and removed the ducting can anyone provide me with the diagram for the vacumm lines and maybe even some pictures of the ducting if possible? i cannot for the life of me find a diagram anywhere and do not yet have a physical manual of my own. Thank!!
Old March 15th, 2016, 08:14 PM

1965 Delta 88 Factory AC Question

Hey All! the delta i recently purchased was equipped with factory AC however over the years some one has disconnected some of the vacuum lines and removed the ducting can anyone provide me with the diagram for the vacumm lines or maybe even some pictures of the ducting if possible? I cannot for the life of me find a diagram anywhere and do not yet have a physical manual of my own. Thanks!!
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Yup, all that stuff is in the Chassis Service Manual. The file for that one chapter is 14.7mb.

There are at least 20 of them on eBay right now. Why not get one?

- Eric
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Yup, all that stuff is in the Chassis Service Manual.

Why not get one?
More to the point, there are no electronic originals. All the electronic versions of 1960s CSMs available today are scans of original paper copies. Detail is always lost in this process, especially on diagrams with small details like wiring and vac hose routing. This is the most important "tool" you can get for your car. Just buy one.
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Old(s) Fart

I merged your two identical posts. It is not necessary to ask the same question in multiple sections, and you'll actually get a better answer if all responses are kept in the same thread. This way. bad information can be caught and corrected.
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic

There are at least 20 of them on eBay right now. Why not get one?

- Eric
Because i alredy have a manual that is not specific to that year but contains most of the info ive need for the car but doesnot include a diagram for the AC only instructions on how to remove some of the under hood components. If someone could scan me part of theres or happens to have the diagram off hand id sure appreciate it. that way i dont have to drop the coin fro just a small part i need and its on the forum for other users future refence.
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by AtomicMyke
Because i alredy have a manual that is not specific to that year but contains most of the info ive need for the car but doesnot include a diagram for the AC only instructions on how to remove some of the under hood components. If someone could scan me part of theres or happens to have the diagram off hand id sure appreciate it. that way i dont have to drop the coin fro just a small part i need and its on the forum for other users future refence.
I'll apologize in advance, because there is no good way to say this.

Basically what you're are asking is: "can someone else pay for a manual, scan the pages I need, and email it to me so I don't have to spend the money."

Look, we all want to help others here, but if you are going to work on this car, get the right manual. We're talking about $15 or so for a ratty used copy. Would you ask forum members to mail you tools that you didn't want to pay for? It's kind of the same thing.
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You need a Chassis Service Manual.

There is no substitute for this.

You can delay or make excuses, but you need the right manual, and sooner or later you will get it and regret having put it off.

Yes, I have a scan of the manual, and yes, I can send you the chapter - as I said it;s 14mb, so it's too large to post.

But you need the whole book, so just go squeeze the $30 or so out of your wallet and buy it.

- Eric

edit: I just saw that Joe P posted while I was writing.

I agree 100%.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:10 PM

Ok, well Im sorry i asked for help then.

And no joe, I wouldnt ask another member to ship me a tool I didnt own. However i would be more than willing to loan a neighbor a tool or some salt if he didnt own one/have any so he could save a few. Seeing as how it wouldnt cost me a dime to let him use it, and that it is the neighborly thing to do.

Thanks though I suppose
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You do have an e-mail waiting...

- Eric
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:23 PM

Eric, Thank you very much. i certainly appreciate it. Is there a specific way to find/open it? I checked my email and it has not appered yet, nor do i have any PMs.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:28 PM

sent
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:30 PM

I just recived the email, and again thank you kindly Eric.