General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Friends don't let friends....

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2014, 04:29 PM

Friends don't let friends....

Buy cars under the influence of Oxycodone. It's been a long time since I've been in here. Back in the day I had a 71 Cutlass, and you fine gentlemen helped me greatly in the resto of that car.

I had back surgery on Monday. They took all the arthritic scar tissue out of the spinal column and realigned L3,4,5.

On yesterday, I was able to crawl out of bed and look at a car this kid brought to my house. It needs a lot of work, getting the fans, and wipers to work, interior is pretty rough. They shaved the handles but haven't installed poppers yet. At first glance I told him to take it away, but he was hurting for $ and dropped the price enough that my medicated mind found itself handing over a stack of hundred dollar bills.

Anyway, my neighbor said he gave me a work manual for this car sometime back and today she received a new set of tires. It's not missing any trim and several systems (brakes) etc. have been rebuilt. So a set of poppers for the doors and some interior and I should have a decent little ride.

Here's the hard part, It's a 62 Dynamic 88 postless four door. Anybody have a line on interior for these beasts????
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, hopefully your past the medical issues. Nice score and as always we like pictures. If your not restoring it to original, why not find a recommended upholstery shop in your area and go custom. You might be pleasantly surprised at the cost.
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Welcome back, hopefully your past the medical issues. Nice score and as always we like pictures. If your not restoring it to original, why not find a recommended upholstery shop in your area and go custom. You might be pleasantly surprised at the cost.
I appreciate the thought, but I'm in Socal and upholstery guys here, make bank. I have had pretty good luck with kits. But if I can't find any, I'll probably find a shop and do a seat at a time and door panel's down the road. This car, in this color, shaved handles... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/237916792788006047/

I gave the guys at the tire shop a great burn out. Funny story. They couldn't get the lug nuts off. After about an hour I asked, are you sure those aren't reverse thread? They had them off in a few seconds....
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Nice color. Hey, at least you caught it in time before they broke studs. I don't think there are any kits available for your car. Try Legendary Interiors, if anyone has them it will be them.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM

Try here: http://www.smsautofabrics.com/