General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.
View Poll Results: Are you afraid of being "Normed"?
Yes, I refrain from posting because I don't want to be "Normed".
25.86%
Norm has no effect on my posting.
74.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Norm wants proof

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jdorour
There is an old saying…
Arguing with some people is like a wrestling a pig in the mud. Eventually you realize the pig likes it.
All the melodrama has probably attracted some soap opera fans to the site
Old September 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 380 Racer
I have seen Norm on other sites as well as this one. If he has a wealth of knowledge, I have never seen it. I think this poll is stupid and never voted. I'm not afraid of Norm, but I do feel I know as much if not more than he does. I don't play an ******* either. I have been here long enough to see him try to belittle a couple friends and also try to delve out some bad info. He needs proof? Doesn't he know he's an *******? Whatever, I could really give a shyt what you do with him .

Nick

Wow give yourself a pat on the back for being soooooo smart

The term ******* has been thrown around alot. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black isn't it

Why is it people need their *** kissed
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Norm

Is he abrasive? yes. Does he know his stuff? Yes. Does he deserve abuse form any one? I think not. I have been watching these forums for some time now, and have learned a lot from every one here, most notably Gearhead, and Norm, seens we are calling him by name. Luckily for me my pride has not been mowed over by him, but that does not mean I haven't had it coming. We all are human, and have weaknesses. My guess is that he does not comunicate well. long story short. Live and let live, though a softer aproach on Norms part would endear him to about every one on the board from what I am seeing.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bosco1956
Wow give yourself a pat on the back for being soooooo smart

The term ******* has been thrown around alot. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black isn't it

Why is it people need their *** kissed
Sorry, nobody needs to kiss my ***. I guess I can pat myself on the back if I want. My SBO runs mid 10s and I have learned alot along the way. Pot calling the kettle black? I assume you know about that. If you don't like my posts don't read 'em. Better yet, put me on your ignore list. I really don't care.
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM

I have been here long enough to see him try to belittle a couple friends and also try to delve out some bad info. He needs proof? Doesn't he know he's an *******? Whatever, I could really give a shyt what you do with him .
You've been here since what, August? What bad info are you talking about? What's the expression...Put your money where your mouth is?

-Justin
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by justinj
You've been here since what, August? What bad info are you talking about? What's the expression...Put your money where your mouth is?

-Justin
Ok, the one about hyd lifters making up for crappy uneven valve job. Try it sometime . Now turn around......what makes Norm an expert and wealth of knowledge?
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM

Sorry, nobody needs to kiss my ***. I guess I can pat myself on the back if I want. My SBO runs mid 10s and I have learned alot along the way. Pot calling the kettle black? I assume you know about that. If you don't like my posts don't read 'em. Better yet, put me on your ignore list. I really don't care.
Thought Iowa boys were smarter than that. GOOD for you that your car runs 10s Don't mean $hit to me
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Moment Member

Welcome to Norm's Classic Oldsmobile where all posts are about "Norm". The oppposite of love is not hate it's indifference. By ignoring said person he will eventually go away. Ignore list. 380 your car kicks ***. I ran a Camaro that ran mid 9s and it was a hell of a ride. Sold last year. My friend runs a pro mod and I have no idea how he does it. It scares me just when he starts it.
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:51 PM

I'm not good with words. Guess it's my blue collar, redneck upbring. But I think we've let this issue divide us. Now there's fighting between the two sides. Human nature I guess. I could say; "Relax & take a deep breath" But that's over my head. I will say we have a good community here. Norm's on one end of the social scale and irritates some folks. Then we have Dan (Oldsguy) on the other end that's nice to everyone. And the rest of us fall somewhere in between. This is still THE BEST forum I've found. I intend to stay and keep talking Oldsmobiles here as long as I can! And I hope everyone else does to.

Darn, this is where I have trouble with words. But the issue is or was: Some folks have a problem with Norm and think he should be banned. Dan has the final say & he says Norm stays. Good enough for me. The board is no differnent then it was a week ago. No better, no worse. I respect Dan & his decision. He runs the best Olds board there is.

Let's stop fighting about it and get back to talking Oldsmobiles!

Don
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Just A BaBy {:

wow this was about norm right?seems people are getting in to it for no reason.............people relax! lets move on!
Old September 18th, 2008, 03:23 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
I'm not good with words. Guess it's my blue collar, redneck upbring. But I think we've let this issue divide us. Now there's fighting between the two sides. Human nature I guess. I could say; "Relax & take a deep breath" But that's over my head. I will say we have a good community here. Norm's on one end of the social scale and irritates some folks. Then we have Dan (Oldsguy) on the other end that's nice to everyone. And the rest of us fall somewhere in between. This is still THE BEST forum I've found. I intend to stay and keep talking Oldsmobiles here as long as I can! And I hope everyone else does to.

Darn, this is where I have trouble with words. But the issue is or was: Some folks have a problem with Norm and think he should be banned. Dan has the final say & he says Norm stays. Good enough for me. The board is no differnent then it was a week ago. No better, no worse. I respect Dan & his decision. He runs the best Olds board there is.

Let's stop fighting about it and get back to talking Oldsmobiles!

Don
+1 from a newbie. Well said man, I think you covered this matter as well as anyone.
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:44 AM

Please for everyones sake close this thread and lets get back to Oldsmobiles as the Main topic.
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by citcapp
Please for everyones sake close this thread and lets get back to Oldsmobiles as the Main topic.
I hate to do that as much as I would like to see this end as well. It is really up to everyone else. All they need to do is stop posting.........Done
Old September 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM

OK I'm done, but take note Norm started this shitstorm too by asking for proof .
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Yes he did start this and over 73% said he didn't have an effect on their posts. Damn you whiners need to grow up. Quit getting your panties in a wad over all of this
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Yes he did start this and over 73% said he didn't have an effect on their posts. Damn you whiners need to grow up. Quit getting your panties in a wad over all of this
Back to school, you need to work on your math skills there hot-rod. It is 63%, not 73%, I know that subtracting 37 from 100 is pretty difficult, so we'll cut you some slack.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM

I'm seeing 74% here, now. Yesterday I think the vote was around 10-40, or 75% Today I see 15-43 or 74%. Remember the numbers change as more people vote. So Bosco likely did see 73%, just like you saw ???

If you want to vote, I suggest we vote on deleting this thread.

Dan, here's my 1 vote for deleting. It's creating more problems than it could possibly solve.

Don
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Wink

Seriously, I am surprised to even see this thread going on. I'm starting to feel like I'm back in grade school. I really like this site, and although I am fairly new here everyone has been very helpful. Hopefully with my years of auto body experience, I will at least be able to give something back to the fine people on the site. I like the Olds I have aquired and want to proudly drive this car in the near future. I'm not going to comment on Norm, but only say "let's let it go guys"! After all, the Administrator already has said, "I don't care if the poll shows 99% of the people don't like his posting style, he is not going to be banned". For me, that is enough said. I'll find a way to get along with all of you, since I wanna be here and learn about Oldsmobiles.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by captjim
Back to school, you need to work on your math skills there hot-rod. It is 63%, not 73%, I know that subtracting 37 from 100 is pretty difficult, so we'll cut you some slack.
captdumbass is more like it
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by moparmusclecars
Seriously, I am surprised to even see this thread going on. I'm starting to feel like I'm back in grade school. I really like this site, and although I am fairly new here everyone has been very helpful. Hopefully with my years of auto body experience, I will at least be able to give something back to the fine people on the site. I like the Olds I have aquired and want to proudly drive this car in the near future. I'm not going to comment on Norm, but only say "let's let it go guys"! After all, the Administrator already has said, "I don't care if the poll shows 99% of the people don't like his posting style, he is not going to be banned". For me, that is enough said. I'll find a way to get along with all of you, since I wanna be here and learn about Oldsmobiles.

Well put..... I am done also
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Well put..... I am done also
I am done as well. I am going to start asking questions about the body work on my 57 now that the 455 transplant is complete. Look for my post on "455 engine swap". I will be posting pictures on the swap and full engine build details.