General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Joe Mondello Racing Engines - Crossville, TN

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Joe Mondello Racing Engines - Crossville, TN

CO Members: The North Texas Oldsmobile Club hosted our annual Zone Show in Waxahachie, TX, last weekend, and thankfully Rob has posted pictures of the beautiful cars shown. I wanted to mention that I spent a good bit of time with two gentlemen from Joe Mondello Racing Engines out of Crossville, TN on Friday afternoon - Tim Allen (General Manager) and C.J. Smith (Machining/CNC Programmer). Absolutely fantastic, knowledgable gearheads about our Olds engines. They have great things in the works for making more and more HP, including modifying the Edelbrock heads for more/better flow. They welcome phone calls and technical problems of interest about those engines, and have a whole lot of answers. Very enjoyable folks, and eager to provide assistance. This is the location in Tennessee owned by Mary Mondello, Joe's widow, not the one in California, owned by someone else, but uses the Mondello name due to some legal SNAFU. Phone number is: 931-459-2760 (www.mondello.com). No, they didn't ask me to post this; I was just impressed with both of them and the plans they (and Mary) have to move forward since Joe passed away last year.

Last edited by Aron Nance; April 19th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info. To clarify, the website is www.mondello.com. ( Delete the leading 'l' ).

In their FAQs, they are quite clear that they are not affiliated with the Mondello Performance Products in CA
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks for that info Aron Good to see that Mary is trying to salvage what Lynn is destroying.

You are right Texas69 here is the interesting FAQ from www.mondello.com

"Can I do business with your California store?

We do not have a California store. JMRE is not associated with Mondello Performance Products."

Not www.mondellotwister.com
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

CJ is a great guy who has shared his knowledge on RealOldsPower for years in a friendly, civil way