General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Went for a cruise...couple of quick funny stories!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Went for a cruise...couple of quick funny stories!!!

So I took the cutlass to my step-daughters dance recital on Saturday. Even got the wife to ride along (usually she complains about the exhaust, screams if I barely touch the gas, and doesn't like how it has lap belts). But we get to the auditorium, we get out...oh ***** keys are in the ignition!!! Locked out before we even go in to the recital...DOHHH!! So she goes in while I try to finagle my way back in. So I walk around to her side, and what do u know, she left my vent window slightly open and unlocked....PHEWWW!! So i just reached in and opened the door from the inside. And no, I couldn't yell at her, normally she'd hear about leaving that car unlocked or left open. So anyway, I go in and tell her I got the door open cuz she conveniently left her vent window open, and that was the end of that.

Well, after the recital there was just enough light, and I had been meaning to take some pics with me and the car cuz I really didn't have any, just pics of the car itself. So I hand my wife my iPhone to take a couple shots, and start telling her that I wanted the photo to be in landscape format rather than portrait, and to turn on the HD feature. She proceeded to tell me that she "used to work at sears portrait studio" and added "I think I know how to take a picture!". So she took 2 shots, said they were good, handed me the phone, we got in the car a headed home. Eventually that night, I looked at the pics...THEY WERE BOTH BLURRY!!! I had to show her and laugh histerically!! But anyway, for closure, here is the better pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ba7b9bb3.jpg (31.8 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by 1965cutlassragtop; July 5th, 2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old July 4th, 2011, 05:41 PM

And they are in portrait mode as well!
Glad all ended well though, aside from the photos. Nice that she rode along with you.
Using phones as cameras are difficult from my point of view, as they operate differently. Standalone cameras are a piece of cake. I bet you if give here a real camera, she would do much better.
Old July 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM

I agree with u there, but she has the same exact phone, and it takes beautiful true high def photos. She was just not putting 100% effort into taking the photo, cuz she could care less about cars. She doesn't get how why I would want to take a pic with any car, including mine...no appreciation!!!
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Yeah. As I've gotten older, I've gained an appreciation for exactly how rare it is to find a woman who is truly interested in cars, or in anything else the average guy is into.

I wasn't able to find one.

Of course, it goes the other way, too - I have absolutely no idea why anyone would need fifty pairs of shoes, or spend 15 minutes on her hair every day .

Honestly, I think the gay community's got something there - imagine always having someone around the house who could help you pick up that transmission or swing that motor into place - trouble is, I don't "like" guys, and am in fact cursed with a Bill Clinton-esque attraction to the female half of the species (they all look good to me, one way or another), which will condemn me forever to the evil eye every time I get greasy fingerprints on the doorknob.

- Eric
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM

The battle between woman and their stuff vs men and our stuff!!! I laugh when she tells me I'm driving too fast when i snap the throttle a little bit on take off....really I'm only going about 30mph. She doesn't mind when i work on it or go for a cruise once in a while, but I do have to "earn" my time to work on it and play with it. I can't get away with leaving her with the kids while I'm out enjoying my hobby. So I gotta put in work to keep her off my back. The worst is when I'm watching the baby on weekends while she's working, and it's such a nice day, everyone is out on their motorcycles and hot rods, but I can't join them cuz the car seat sits in the back seat way too high, and because I wouldn't be comfortable stepping on the gas at all. Makes me crazy, but still quality time with the kids. The older one enjoys going for rides though...

Last edited by 1965cutlassragtop; July 5th, 2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM

The story of my life bro. Hang in there man, the kids make it worth it lol
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Yeah my ex wife used to bitch ALL THE TIME riding in the Delta, so I just turned the radio up louder
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hangin' out...

Originally Posted by Bill in NC
The story of my life bro. Hang in there man, the kids make it worth it lol
x3 That's what I keep telling myself, too!

Great story, BTW!
Old July 5th, 2011, 05:42 AM

I will never understand why so many women will not / do not enjoy riding in a classic car. I can speculate, but I will not give my opinions here.
They are missing out for sure...
Luckily, all the ones I have been with, enjoyed it a lot.

I remember a date with a lady a few years ago saying her ex husband was into old cars and she hated it. She wanted her next one to have only one new car of a certain group of brands. Needless to say that was our last date!
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

You guys crack me up! Guess I'm the exception, lol!! I love the old cars, loud and all!
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You probably grew up with a whole load of brothers, or were the only child of a mechanic who wished he'd had a boy (my Mom's situation - when she was 8, she used to watch the stock car races from the passenger seat of the wrecker and help her Dad hook 'em up when they crashed ).

- Eric
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Yup, the age old problem, cars versus woman. The charactoristics are all the same with 1 exception!!! The biggest difference is when a car gives you trouble, you simply turn it off and fix it, when a woman gives you trouble, well...
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

.......You probably grew up with a whole load of brothers

I'm the last of 7 kids. Had 2 older brothers who, yep, were always working on something. But mostly they'd make me hold something for them and yell if I moved, lol! I used to help my nephew work on cars too as we got older. Not afraid of getting grease under my finger nails, lol. I love old cars!

Last edited by cutlassgal; July 5th, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM

Rarity

I guess I ought to count myself very lucky. My wife loves my car, loves driving it, and always has her eye out for the next "one".
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM

Sorry that the girls you find don't like the cars. We both love old cars and going fast, the noise is fine, as long as it is suppose to sound that way and the only argument we have over the car is who gets to drive it. But maybe since I grew up with my dad and grandfather both selling GM's and my dad owning a Gm dealership that I like the cars.
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM

My wife is not into cars at all buts supports my hobby. She is a quilter and I support her in that so it works out even. We went for an all day cruise in the 57 on the 4th of July, nice sunny day just her, Toby the dog and myself. All 2- lane old roads, stopped for lunch along the way. Did about 350 miles had a great time. Course now all the kids are grown so that helps a lot.