General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

18th Annual Oldsmobile Homecoming

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM

18th Annual Oldsmobile Homecoming

I will be there with my '67 Delta 88 Custom Coupe & my two kids.

Who else will be there this Saturday, June 19, 2010, Lansing, MI.?

I sure hope that Fusick will there with their parts trailer!

http://www.michigan.org/Things-to-Do...3-3ac9122de3b0

http://eventful.com/dewitt/events/18...01-024956688-1

Last edited by Jaybird; June 17th, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Trying to remember member

Will be there! Probably without a car, though........
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM

I'll be there with 3 other Olds (442's), my '71 Supreme will be in the car corral, Fusicks usually doesn't come to Homecoming, they are at the Nats. though.
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Ice

I won't be there, but hope to be there next year w/ my '86!

Last edited by Ice; June 19th, 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: subscribe to responses
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM

alot of people cars and my favorite the swap the best it has been in a couple of years! picked up new carpet for my 68 cutlass for $40 and a complete bucket seat foam set for $50 it was a good day for me!
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:43 PM

I was there. It was my first show ever. I met a few Olds guys and talked about cars. I didn't win anything, but that wasn't the point of being there. I was looking for another '67 Delta 88. I didn't find any, but I did talk-up a guy with a '67 Olds 98 Convertible.

The organizers announced that there were 500 cars in attendance (about the same as last year).

I was able to purchase a nice re-production of a console shift indicator thing, (P R N D S L). I previously only had a couple for a 2 speed tranny, (P R N D L).

Too bad Fusick wasn't there. I was ready to drop at least $500.00 for some of their parts.

Hey wmachine, 1969w3155 & rockethound: Sorry we didn't cross paths.

After the car show, we drove to Roseville, MI, for the Gratiot Cruise. I saw a very nice '67 Olds Delta 88 Convertible there. I chatted with the driver and his wife, while we were cruising. His Michigan plate was 67 OLDS. My Ontario plate was OLDS 67.

It was a good day except for a few mechanical glitches (that I won't go into here), 'cause my car has only been on the road for a month and there are still a couple of gremlins to get out of it. Fortunately, I didn't have to use my, out-of-provinice health care coverage (barely).

I used to own a '74 AMC Gremlin X. Don't hold that against me, 'cause I liked that car.

Do you know if Fusick will be in Michigan (with their trailer) sometime this summer??? Where and when will the Oldsmobile Nationals held???

Jaybird

Last edited by Jaybird; June 20th, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:02 AM

I'll add my two cents worth.The swap meet vendors were ready to sell this year! Picked up a bunch of small items for dirt cheap prices...lighter casing,speed nuts,side marker light,carb gasket,sport mirror gasket and more.
The only questionable vendor on site seemed to be Inline Tube. Am I the only one who thinks that they have an attitude problem? They seem to think quite highly of themselves, but I just don't see why. I've spent about $500. on their stuff in the past and I'm thinking that enuf is enuf.
(Just what was with the white painted "rubber hairs" on their show car's spare anyway?)
All in all a pretty good show with some nice cars in attendence.
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Where and when will the Oldsmobile Nationals held???
Sturbridge, Massachusetts, July 21-25.

http://www.oldsclub.org/NationalMeet...s2010_info.htm

http://www.neolds.com/2010.html
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bunser
I'll add my two cents worth.The swap meet vendors were ready to sell this year! Picked up a bunch of small items for dirt cheap prices...lighter casing,speed nuts,side marker light,carb gasket,sport mirror gasket and more.
The only questionable vendor on site seemed to be Inline Tube. Am I the only one who thinks that they have an attitude problem? They seem to think quite highly of themselves, but I just don't see why. I've spent about $500. on their stuff in the past and I'm thinking that enuf is enuf.
(Just what was with the white painted "rubber hairs" on their show car's spare anyway?)
All in all a pretty good show with some nice cars in attendence.
No youre not the only one. Their attitude has been well documented. Nice parts, bad attitudes.

Their green 72 is awesome. Only part that was way wrong is the repop window sticker. Wrong size, wrong font, and the sticker itself is for a 1970. With all the correctness they strive for one would think that would be right too.
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Hey wmachine, 1969w3155 & rockethound: Sorry we didn't cross paths.
A
Sorry I missed you guys! It is hard to meet someone like that unless you make specific plans and exchange phone numbers or something like that.

"As usual" in this case like this is a good thing, because "as usual" it was a great show. Nice cars, great people and a swap meet bursting at the seams.
A superb assortment of cars including many unusual ones. There was even a '68 442 with correct (original in this case) trim rings on its SSIIs. Don't usually see that at the OCA Nats even!
Swap was huge and one of the largest offerings of used nice driver quality part that I've seen for some time, and prices, especially for those parts, I think were generally reasonable. Never the less, sales still *appeared* to be on the slower side.
Kept too busy the whole time I was there, met lots of old friends and a few new ones too. One of the things I really enjoy about the Homecoming is that I invariably run into people that worked there and have stories to tell. And this year was no exception!
Always nice to see Linda again too. You wouldn't believe me if I told you that she knows both me and my wife, so I won't bother telling you.
Wife and I had a great day there........as usual.....
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Saw your car, stopped by a couple of times, no one there (enjoying the show) the last time you were talking to someone and I did not want to interrupt. Sorry.