General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

You be the judge who is being honest, Its your right

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2021, 06:12 PM

You be the judge who is being honest, Its your right

There has been alot of discussion on this forum about a transaction that took place involving some rare NOS 442 parts that Ron's Classic Cutlass "bought" from me with company checks, and then sold over 2 years ago. I still am owed for these parts. Here are the actual texts between myself and Ron Memmer. You have the right to know the facts,and I ask the forum manager to allow you to decide for yourself.

Old August 3rd, 2021, 06:23 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I don't know either of you but from what I see you have a pretty good beef with this guy. I am sure this was an expensive lesson. When I have sold parts I don't ship them until they are paid for. I will then bill them for the shipping after they are shipped. I have never had a problem but I am just and occasional seller.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 06:31 PM

Just out of curiosity, what happened between 8/7 and 8/21? Looks like the text on 8/21 was a response to something said after the 8/7 text. For the record, I don't know either party involved either. I do agree with Glenn that I do not ship/ let a part leave my possession until it is paid for.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 07:23 PM
Banned

Careful. Kidding. Plenty of people stick up for him here. That is so screwed up but he has a history of playing games and treating certain people one way and other people another way. I have read the defense of this guy here and it blows me away. Last post so many people came at you. 🙄🤫
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yerfathersolds
There has been alot of discussion on this forum about a transaction that took place involving some rare NOS 442 parts that Ron's Classic Cutlass "bought" from me with company checks, and then sold over 2 years ago. I still am owed for these parts. Here are the actual texts between myself and Ron Memmer. You have the right to know the facts,and I ask the forum manager to allow you to decide for yourself.
Excuse me, what is it that I have to decide ? I wasn't involved in the transfer of parts or funds, so there is really nothing that involves me. As far as the facts, that would be something for the legal or law enforcement people to use in rendering a judgement or filing charges.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:03 PM
Banned

So once again it is his fault that he got screwed??!!
This is where it goes sideways for me.

He dicks people for rare parts. Those on his good side he follows thru. Those he can scam he will. Plenty of people lined up to buy them. They DO buy from him. But don't give a crap about who he dicked to get them?

I don't want to ever have the mentality of someone that takes the side of a proven scammer. How many posts about this guy? No thanks. Do you.

Old August 4th, 2021, 03:13 AM

I’d bring a Fn cleaver, lopping shears and a couple of friends to nationals and get my money or at least some souvenirs. This is how a prominent Olds guy treats another Olds guy trading with him in good faith? Memories of Terry Fritch, possibly Brad W, Lynn W, these people pull this stuff because they get away with it.

Lesson to be learned - don’t ever ship anything until you’ve been properly and fully paid, even if it’s to a guy that should be air tight.

This POS has money to dick around with his expensive car but not pay his obligations?!? He should be turning tricks in Indy to get the money if he won’t sell a car or some parts to get it. Might as well be a junkie, he’s acting like one.

Last edited by bccan; August 4th, 2021 at 06:15 AM.
Old August 4th, 2021, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Again, why has this been going on for 2 years?