General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wiring connectors & parts wanted

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2014, 08:54 AM

Wiring connectors & parts wanted

This is kind of a 2 part question. This connector to the windshield wiper motor was spliced and jury rigged together on my car. I am looking for the correct connector and way to wire this together. I assume the yellow wire would go together. The blank single connector at the front of the picture has a green wire attached. Not sure if there would have been a jumper to the other green wire (one without the connector end). Would they both then connect to the black wire on the 2 prong connector? Does any one have the correct connectors to sell?

[IMG]Stephen_Sampson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140226_084442122_zpsfoyohehr.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

I am also looking for the correct connectors for these wire ends to the reverse lights located in the trunk. The wire with the missing end is the female part of the connector. I need 2 of these if anyone has them for sale.

[IMG]Stephen_Sampson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140226_083439547_zps7ifonxm0.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:39 AM

I think ye will find that NAPA stores have a catalog of such things

Go figure, auto parts at an auto parts store, right?
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM

I have a few old Cutlass wire harnesses laying around that I have used for parts and I think I may have the connectors for the wiper motor. If o, I would just cut a section of the wiring and send it to you with the plugs attached. The connectors can be removed with a very thin flat screwdriver. I'll have to see what I have to know if I have the trunk connectors.
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Old(s) Fart

The connectors are from the Packard 56 series of connectors. Google that and you'll find many, many vendors who sell both connector bodies and terminals. NAPA does handle some of them. Some stores have them in stock, others require you to order them. Many of the people who work the counter are not even aware that they carry these parts.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I thought these connectors were a GM thing. Just googled Packard series 56 and got a bunch of results. So I am still a little confused by the configuration of the wires in the pic of the wiper motor wiring. The wires not in a connector in this picture would go in a double connector and connect to the double connector with the yellow and black wires. That still leaves the single wire connector in the front of the pic. It has a green wire in it. Where would it go? Thanks for the help.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM

Chassis Service Manual
Paper Copy
DVD/pdf
or Wildaboutcars.com....

it is also possible that the wiper motor is not original and the wiring you have does not match the motor's needs- I vaguely recall that happening to me once.
Old February 26th, 2014, 10:15 PM

If your car has AC there is a green wire like that on the high speed blower relay mounted next to the wiper. It should be with the AC harness and not the body harness which has the wiper wiring. I'm talking from experience on a 69 Cutlass so maybe yours is different. Here's a photo of the relay wiring. Just a thought.

Brian
Attached Images
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=joe padavano. NAPA does handle some of them. Some stores have them in stock, others require you to order them. Many of the people who work the counter are not even aware that they carry these parts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joe got them ordered today!
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 69442C
If your car has AC there is a green wire like that on the high speed blower relay mounted next to the wiper. It should be with the AC harness and not the body harness which has the wiper wiring. I'm talking from experience on a 69 Cutlass so maybe yours is different. Here's a photo of the relay wiring. Just a thought.

Brian
Thanks For the input Brian. I looked at it briefly today and did not see an obvious connection but have ordered a Chassis Service Manual to help up muddy the water.
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Octania
Chassis Service Manual
Paper Copy
DVD/pdf
or Wildaboutcars.com....

it is also possible that the wiper motor is not original and the wiring you have does not match the motor's needs- I vaguely recall that happening to me once.
Thanks Chris ordered my Chassis service manual online last night