General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Winter Time!

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM

Winter Time!

Hello, I was wondering what everyone that lives in an area that has winter does when the cars are put up! I am about to put my 70 convert into storage this week. Now is the time to get the sleds ready, I can't wait! As much fun as the cars are these sleds are a blast as well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0966.jpg (52.3 KB, 12 views)
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM

Wait for spring....Just kidding. I usually make a list of things that need to be done to the car over the winter. I also go to Northern Michigan and do some sledding as well. Not as much as I used too, but at least 3-4 times. Ice Skating is fun with the family. Nice sled!
Old November 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM
Cutlass Lover

I try to hibernate and wonder why I live here, instead of Arizona!!! I hate the snow and cold, and don't go out in it much. I catch up on things in the house that I didn't get done over the summer because I was at car shows!!
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM

I try to find parking lots that have a fresh coat of snow on them and have a little fun driving, not in my Cutlass though.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

This winter one thing I'm planning on doing is a stakeout with my neighbors and waiting for the guy who rides his "sled" scross our lawns every winter late at night and ruts them all up.
I'll follow him home to see where he lives and wait for summer then do some major duty turf-riding on his front lawn some night.
I have experience, it's just like doing donuts in icy parking lots, and they're not the kind of donuts the cops do all day with coffee while sitting in their cars parked in lots.

This Winter will go too fast.
I volunteeered to paint Sandy's engine in the Spring and that job can't be far enough away for me, now it will be here in no time.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
This winter one thing I'm planning on doing is a stakeout with my neighbors and waiting for the guy who rides his "sled" scross our lawns every winter late at night and ruts them all up.
I'll follow him home to see where he lives and wait for summer then do some major duty turf-riding on his front lawn some night.
I have experience, it's just like doing donuts in icy parking lots, and they're not the kind of donuts the cops do all day with coffee while sitting in their cars parked in lots.

I volunteeered to paint Sandy's engine in the Spring and that job can't be far enough away for me, now it will be here in no time.

Did you forget to set your clock back, or are you always up in the middle of the night??

So you're gonna be doing some stalking this winter, huh?? Hope y'all catch him! Some people just don't care about other peoples property!! Just don't leave any incriminating tracks in his yard when you retaliate next summer! Sounds like a job for Redgoat!

No, unfortunately the winter will drag on and on - especially since I'm sooo excited!! I'm ignoring your sad faces! It will go smoothly - I have faith!! If Jamesbo can do it.... Just think - the prettiest one and the vista - we'll be kickin *** and takin names!!

I'm ready for spring now! It was 27 degrees this morning and very thick frost over here. I hate the cold, and this slow time. I know it's really lunch time right now!!
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM

This time of year is when I take my vacation. Load up the old motorhome and head south for some sun and fun. Come back and work on the 48 Olds
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DarrylJ
Hello, I was wondering what everyone that lives in an area that has winter does when the cars are put up!
I don't put mine up for the winter. I drive it year-round. There's always a few days each month, even in the dead of winter, when the roads are dry and the sky is clear, and even if it's only 25 degrees, I fire it up and take it for a spin. I like giving that heater a workout, and I just like the idea that the car is started and driven regularly.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Captain of my ship

Mine will go in the garage for a little mork work this winter. Once it snows here they start soaking the salt to the roads so from that point on it stays indoors. I will be doing some snow removal , hopefully more than last year but at some point I will be laid up when they fuse some vertabrae and put in a steel plate with screws to hold things together in my neck. Not really looking forward to it but it has to be done.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM

I work on them, what else. Plenty to do over the winter.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:40 AM

I drive the 57 year around, just have to wake up to a clear day and off I go.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Wintertime Projects

During the summer I attend roughly 20 car events. I usually manage to take approx 100 pictures at each. (gives me something to do between prepping my car and waiting for the judging results) I then have them made into prints and sort them out by car make & model. They are now in cases awaiting transfer to my photo albums.I have 30 albums so far with 1000 photos in each, all arranged cronogically by make, model & year. ie..Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Gto, etc. Naturally this involves moving the photos forward every time new ones are added. A big job but I have all winter!
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Captain of my ship

Wow that's quite a hobby. do you have the photos printed somewhere else for you or do you have a photo printer at home.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista

If ya want time to fly ..............sign a 90 day note.
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Wintertime Hobby

I take my 4GB chip to Walmart and use their kiosk to make the prints. If you want to see some of those I took this past summer, I have 9 of the shows posted on Webshots. I'll try to attach the link below:

http://community.webshots.com/user/BOOWAH1
Old November 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Wintertime Fun

I almost forgot that I'm on an Oldsmobile site. I also attended the Oldsmobile Nationals this year. My photos are on Photobucket. The url is listed below.

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad9/BOOWAH/?newest=1
Old November 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM

I'm trying to sell my house. Hoping to get one with a work shop or someplace that can take my car apart and get started restoring her. I've had enough of working in a gravel driveway.
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Oh Yeah, I remember those cold sloshy snowy days of winter in New Jersey.

It was 90 degrees yesterday and 85 today, here in ol' Arizona. Will the summer ever end? Have been able to work on my car with the garage door open for the first time in months...It has been a hot year this one.