General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What's my 72 cutlass worth

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2013, 10:39 AM

What's my 72 cutlass worth

Hello I have a 1972 oldsmobile cutlass supreme. It was all original with the floor shifter. I'm the second owner of this cutlass. Also I have all the original paperwork and has the letter from the oldsmobile dealer when it was purchased in 1971 and a receipt purchase. Well I had to restore the care and added the disc brakes, ram air hood and clean, rear spoiler and dual gate shifter. Also rebuild the 350 rocket that came with the car. I'm looking for the 4 spoke steering wheel. So did I lose the value of that is car?
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by akins2000
So did I lose the value of that is car?
Kind of an odd question. Lose what value? The value it had as an "original" before you restored it? Maybe. But what did it look like before? You say you "had" to restore, which suggests it was in pretty bad shape, and which means that it probably didn't have much value before the restoration, anyway, original or not.

What you've done to it sound like good, worthwhile things to do, and they likely increased the value.

Some before/after photos might help with this question.

By the way, in my opinion, the primary determiner in a car's value is the car itself. It's cool that you're the second owner and that you have the original paperwork, but unless you're documenting some kind of one-of-a-kind or very rare car, what these add to the value is minor.