General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Western NC area

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Western NC area

Going to be in the western NC, eastern Tenn area next week. Any salvage yards worth walking? Not really looking for anything in particular for my car, I just love roaming around in yards that still have older cars. You never know what you may find. How about local greasy spoons. I try not to eat at chain restaurants, I prefer to support the mom and pops. Any local cruise ins? or weekly shows in the area? Any suggestions would be appreciated and welcomed.
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM

well on saturday nights in the town of elizabethton tn they have a cruise in downtown they shut off the road and park down threw the old part of town. usually 50 plus cars.
as for salvage yards i do not know of any that would have older cars most of them has junked them out. there is one i go to alot call the boneyard inc. they have a good selection of stuff last time i was there i seen some fiats, old chevy trucks, etc etc but mainly 80s up stuff.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:20 PM

Elizabethton Tenn (near Johnson City) Is within driving distence from Ashville. I have 2 saturdays to make it. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info! Do you know what time it starts?