General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wagons

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2009, 03:05 AM

Wagons

I was never much of a wagon fan. When I grew up (in the 60s) the only wagons were owned by large families and usually mom drove them with the kids in tow. Lately I have been seeing some nice custom wagons and my taste was starting to change. Then I saw this picture of a 1957 Olds Fiesta wagon and I WANT one. IMHO this is one of the prettiest wagons and if I was not living in Thailand I would be on the hunt for one. If you own one you are very lucky.

1957_oldsmobile_fiesta_wagon.jpg
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Registered

Wagons are the coolest.

Those are beauteous cars, I'll take on too.

The shaved door handles really make it look like a two door.

You do have the big haulers with the trunks in front there Rdrokit.
My daughter visited her Uncle in Singapore and when they took a holiday trip to Thailand she got to ride one.
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:13 AM

This is one unique looking car. I agree with you.
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Captain of my ship

VERY VERY COOL

You are right at first glance I thought he turned it into a 2 door . the fit of the doors is very impressive.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:32 AM

I thought it was a 2 door at first glance. Very nice car. It sort of looks like a Chip Foose car. IMHO, the wheels are a bit big but very cool!
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:22 AM

I grew up in a big family and wagons is all we had for many years. I agree, at first thought why would anybody want to build a wagon.... until you see one that's nicely done! And the fact that not as many of them were saved as the 2 door sedans make them stand out even more at the car shows. The car auction I previewed yesterday may have had a couple dozen wagons of various makes from the 1950's and 60's. But most were with the ratty cars out in the weeds, only the Nomads and other Chebby 'goons were restored. Any Oldsmobile will stand out in the typical car show, but make it a wagon and you really have something special!
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM

Gentleman (and his wife) that owns this car (and a '57 convertible set up basically in the same way, although very different) were at the South Central Olds Club Zone Show October 16-18 in Ft Worth. To say these cars are awesome in appearance is a huge understatement. They drove down from Tulsa; both cars in a stacked, covered trailer, pulled by a semitruck/living quarters combination! That, in itself, was awesome! The 57's were totally eye dropping, jaw gaping, breath taking when seen in person, and as you walked around them, you just could not get enough of the detail/work that has been done on both of them. Brad Bishop, Editor of Journey With Olds (national publication of the Olds Club of America) has multiple pictures of both cars (and others at the 2009 South Central Zone Show held in Ft Worth last weekend, with racing at North Star Dragway Saturday evening) on his personal website: www.76-77olds442.com (click on the site, then on photos, then on 2009 Zone Show for more; if you have more time, you might browse his rebuild of his 77 442, in his family since new). He has about 150 photos of all cars judged (54) and others shown. Really a great time was had by all, from the scuttlebutt. Saturday night was a hoot, with anyone who wanted getting an opportunity to drive down the track slowly for show, or quickly (for racing) if they so desired. Is you so desire, sit back, click on, and enjoy!
Aron

Last edited by Aron Nance; October 24th, 2009 at 08:10 AM.