General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

USAPARTSUPPLY warning parts to Australia.

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM

USAPARTSUPPLY warning parts to Australia.

Hi everyone,

Well, I used to do a lot of business with USA Parts Supply for my Olds parts. Not anymore. And a lesson for others In Australia, New Zealand and anywhere they (US Parts Supply) have to ship offshore.

Ordered my floor plug kit and 2 x hood to fender bumpers. Got package the other day. Floor plug kit good, however sent me the the adjustable hood bumpers instead. I already have those. I only wanted the 2 hood to fender bumpers. So I can see where the mix up on their behalf could be as adjustable bumpers come in packs of 2.

Sent an email to see about getting this mix up rectified and had to end up contacting by phone as no one was going to reply to my emails.

From the outset as soon as I mention problem with the order the usual happened, "oh sir could you speak more clearly I can hardly understand you", "what do you want, to exchange sir?" and on and on and on.
We no longer use string and 2 tin cans for telephones here so I was pretty sure he was having a go, oh and the fact that I have always rang the U.S to place parts orders for my American cars, I have done this for the last 3 years and no dramas until today apparently.

I was also told that they went off a product code given to them, funny, I rang the order through from Australia as I always have done and don't know the product number. Just described what I wanted from their catalogue as the part numbers do not corespond to the pictures. He did not appreciate it when I said the person taking the order put that number in as I ordered over the phone.

When he worked out I was not going to go away the phone line came good and a new order was placed. I was going to have to pay for 2 new:
1/ Hood to fender bumpers
2/ Postage to Australia
3/ $15 processing documentaion fee.
If I wished I could "keep the hood bumpers as they would fit your car" or return them for a refund at my expense. All because of their stuff-up.
Yeah great!!

As for the $15 documentation fee I questioned this via email. This was the reply.
"We charge a 15.00 documentation fee to cover all of the paperwork that needs to be filled out for anything going out of the country. It is stated on the back of the order forms in our catalog. "

Other places I deal with its all part of the service. Back of the order form??
I do all my purchases over the phone and I have had enough stuff shipped from the U.S to know whats involved in that paperwork. It is not rocket science nor time consuming.

Anyway, Non too politely told thingy what I thought of his beligerent attitude and what he could do with his stuff.

Things can be worked out, but beligerence and making up silly childish remarks and carrying on in a prefessional business invironment is beyond comprehension. If this is the way employees behave to loyal customers , I'll take my business elsewhere as they are not the only Oldsmobile parts suppliers and this mob are far from the cheapest nor the people I wish to be associated with.

This is just the facts of what occured this morning.
I just want to warn my fellow 'off shore' buyers of what can happen and yes it did take me by surprise.

Regards

Last edited by 5998DownUnder; October 26th, 2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow! Sorry to hear the bad news. Almost the same conversation I had with BAP. So I don't order from them either and don't recommend them either. I'm really surprised to see that nothing has been done one way or another by the mgmt of USA Parts Supply. I've never used them, but I've seen +/- comments about this company on several boards. Shame too, they have a lot of older car parts others don't seem to have.

BTW, if that's your car in your profile pic - it looks gorgeous. Should put that pic in your avatar.
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM

Hi Allan,
Thanks for that. Here are a few of the Olds done last week. Just some finishing touches needed now. She is fully registered and ready to drive.

Yes, still awaiting the reply from my formal written complaint I made to the boss at US Parts Supply. Have not heard back, go figure.

Things are pretty pricey to get shipped over here so there is a little community who keep in touch of where to get gear from, ....and where not to.

Thanks

John.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC05861.jpg (94.4 KB, 34 views)
DSC05863.jpg (81.0 KB, 24 views)
DSC05864.jpg (86.9 KB, 25 views)
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Absolutely stunning! I really love the color combo too.
Old April 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM

USA parts supply made me pay for their series of foul ups the last time (and it was the last time) I dealt with them. And I do live in Texas.

Henry
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:17 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Very nice 5998,love the 2 tone!
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:27 AM

As a UPS driver for almost 25 years, international shipping is easier than it has ever been. The paperwork consists of 3 copies of a commercial invoice with description of goods and the value. It takes very little time at all. Sorry they made it so difficult for you! If the value is greater than $2500.00 then you need more paperwork. Have a great day.
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM

I agree, getting stuff from the U.S is so easy. I do a lot buying from Ebay for car parts and UPS and U.S Postal Service first Class is the way to go. Even though I am happy to go via 'slow boat from China' route as I do not care how long it takes to get to me here, on average 9-12 days is the going rate. My exhaust from Waldron was up there but still no where near $2500.00.

Still no excuse for tardiness from these pack of slackos though.
Wonder if they they read forums such as these?