General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Time to show off your "mancaves".....here's mine

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2009, 03:18 PM

Time to show off your "mancaves".....here's mine

I was reading on another post in the 442 forum about people talking about their garages and cars. Heres 5 pics of mine. I can store 6 under roof in 3 seperate garages and 2 under a 22 by 22 carport. The single door shop I have is 30 by 20 and has tons of strorage. I keep the Oldsmobiles closer to the house in a completely enclosed 22 by 22 carport thats attached to my 24 by 24 wood garage. never seems to be enough room does it? Let's see what ya guys have to keep your Oldsmobiles dry and safe. Oldsdroptop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
105_1165.jpg (109.8 KB, 70 views)
105_1160.jpg (66.5 KB, 57 views)
105_1164.jpg (104.2 KB, 58 views)
105_1162.jpg (144.2 KB, 41 views)
105_1159.jpg (83.6 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by oldsdroptop; May 20th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Oh man, I'm green with envy I've got a three bay garage but it's so full of treasure I can't get a car in it John
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM

I saw your post so I went outside and took a few shots of my Man Cave. Mine has a TV with cable and a DVD player. I have a fridge for 6 cans of Diet Coke (sorry, I hate beer). I love spending time in there and the boys join me for a Saturday night movie and pizza. The look on the delivery guy is priceless. Hope you like it. (Some may have seen it before).

DSC_4839.jpg

DSC_4842.jpg

DSC_4845.jpg

DSC_4844.jpg

DSC_4846.jpg
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Nice building droptop

Hey 442much, you need to get rid of that little TV and replace that Oldsmobile sign with a 60" big screen that drops out of the rafters. Nice space and great organization.

Ron
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldCar_Mechanic
Nice building droptop

Hey 442much, you need to get rid of that little TV and replace that Oldsmobile sign with a 60" big screen that drops out of the rafters. Nice space and great organization.

Ron
Ron, I thought about it and almost bought a 42" plasma but wondered where I'd put it. Dang! Now I have to check how possible that would be...or how much that would be. Don't want to out do the house. The garage makeover only cost me $1500 for everything you see (except the car).

Droptop, love that building!
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 442much
I saw your post so I went outside and took a few shots of my Man Cave. Mine has a TV with cable and a DVD player. I have a fridge for 6 cans of Diet Coke (sorry, I hate beer). I love spending time in there and the boys join me for a Saturday night movie and pizza. The look on the delivery guy is priceless. Hope you like it. (Some may have seen it before).
This is my dream garage!!!!!

I currently don't have a garage for my cars to call home, but when I do get one, I was planning on one very similar to yours.

If I get a 2 car garage, I probably won't have room for a couch, but the TV/DVD thing is also perfect. You know those times when you see something on Horsepower TV and you gotta keep going back and forth when you are working, this way you don't have to.

Of course, I won't have at Coke Products in my house. Gotta say loyal to the company that will keep a roof over my family's head and Oldsmobiles in the garage
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
torque machine

not fair lol
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:43 AM
Trying to remember member

Ken, the couch has to go, as that is room for another car! Don't worry, a car has seats!!

I have a two car attached garage that keeps the daily drivers.....in the winter, at least.
But the Oldsmobiles get their own carbarn.
Attached Images
08.06.06 014.jpg (140.8 KB, 96 views)
GarageNov03.4.jpg (68.1 KB, 174 views)
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:36 AM
zed

I'm like 2blu442, too much junk in mine...er...I mean treasures...
You guys have some nice caves.

A Habs fan in Alberta?....tsk tsk tsk....
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:23 AM

Excellent garages guys. I hope to have my very own one day. I just have to get out of this city, first.

Originally Posted by Redog
Of course, I won't have at Coke Products in my house. Gotta say loyal to the company that will keep a roof over my family's head and Oldsmobiles in the garage
Hey Redog, what's up with Pepsi and their Throwback products. As a loyal Pepsi drinker, I've searched all over Manhattan and haven't found any, went back to Phoenix (which is often a test zone for products) and can't find it there either. I don't get it. Pepsi is only producing a product for 8 weeks, and doesn't distribute it to 2 major areas. Kind of strange. Guess they didn't want to use up their back stock of sugar? I ended up spending $18 on a 12-pack on eBay, just so I could get some. That's not fair.
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM

This is my current Man-cave.

100_2012.jpg

100_2013.jpg

100_2015.jpg

It's nothing like my previous cave though...(this one had the room for the cars. Unfortunately when we moved, which is when these pictures were taken, I was forced to downsize my man-cave)

100_1262.jpg

The lime green fender belongs to this:

My Brother in laws 1967 Dodge Polara. The car is so big, it wouldn't fit the old man-cave.

Here is my used car lot.

The White T&C has been sitting for 6 months due to a bad trans. I had it up for sale, but it's not worth the dough for a new trans. Now that its sat for so long, Black mold has settled in. I can't get the mold (severe health hazard) to go away, so she being donated to the local FD for training. Why make someone sick everytime they drive it.

The Jeep is half-dead....It has electrical issues, so it's a work in progress. It goes to the shop next month for the electrical and some mechanical upgrades.

100_2010.jpg

The blue Honda Accord is the wifes ride, Speedy, very speedy....

And of course my 'Toro, which like all the other cars, sleeps under the stars.....

100_2011.jpg

Last edited by poorboy_616; May 21st, 2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Ken, the couch has to go, as that is room for another car! Don't worry, a car has seats!!

I have a two car attached garage that keeps the daily drivers.....in the winter, at least.
But the Oldsmobiles get their own carbarn.

Now that is cool! I had a 4 speed Vette where the couch is but got rid of that. My garage is only a detached double, so there's only so much room. Love your building.

Originally Posted by Redog
I can understand that

Originally Posted by zed
I'm like 2blu442, too much junk in mine...er...I mean treasures...
You guys have some nice caves.

A Habs fan in Alberta?....tsk tsk tsk....
There are Habs fans everywhere! One of the biggest fan bases outside of Montreal is in Saskatchewan! By the way, why don't you bring your car to our Oldsmobile Show in the Town of Olds, AB. on July 18th?

Last edited by 442much; May 21st, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 442much

There are Habs fans everywhere! One of the biggest fan bases outside of Montreal is in Saskatchewan! By the way, why don't you bring your car to our Oldsmobile Show in the Town of Olds, AB. on July 18th?

442much
Gotta love your man cave! Very well kept and organized. It could use a few Bruins emblems in it too! LOL!
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM

I want an old gas station with 4 or 6 bays and I will renovate the office to live in

meanwhile, at least she fits:

Old May 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
olds..older..oldest

Alien Habs

442Olds...as a Saskatchewan[Saskatoon] native,I want to assure you and any of our hockey-loving American brothers, that IF there are any Habs fans in that province,they are sequestered deep in their caves in the Qu'appelle valley!! As a 45 year Wings fan[Gordie Howe is from Floral,Sask.] raised by Leafs fans[Johnie Bower and Wendell Clarke are from Sask.]. Most stray les Habitants fans were rounded up in the 60's and shipped by cattle car trains to "camps" in rural Quebec and New Brunswick.....besides,VERY few of them would drive Oldsmobiles!!
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
olds..older..oldest

p.s. Here`s my mancave,which unfortunately only houses ONE Olds At 1800 sq. ft.,even my wife would Éhave to admit there`s room for a few more
Attached Images
014.JPG (85.2 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by derek nesdoly; May 21st, 2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: incomplete post
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:07 PM
zed

442much, my old 66 is long gone. The only Olds I have now is an 82 98. (not exactly a classic Olds...yet)
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by 67 Cutlass
442much
Gotta love your man cave! Very well kept and organized. It could use a few Bruins emblems in it too! LOL!
LOL The Bruins are our main rivals! But I like them when they're not playing the Habs.

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
442Olds...as a Saskatchewan[Saskatoon] native,I want to assure you and any of our hockey-loving American brothers, that IF there are any Habs fans in that province,they are sequestered deep in their caves in the Qu'appelle valley!! As a 45 year Wings fan[Gordie Howe is from Floral,Sask.] raised by Leafs fans[Johnie Bower and Wendell Clarke are from Sask.]. Most stray les Habitants fans were rounded up in the 60's and shipped by cattle car trains to "camps" in rural Quebec and New Brunswick.....besides,VERY few of them would drive Oldsmobiles!!
Well they came back then. When I was in Saskatoon last time I saw a box of flyers with the Habs logo in a couple of sport stores. I asked the guy behind the counter what this was and he said that there was a huge following of the Canadiens in SK. He said they would fly to Montreal twice a year to go to games. I guess it's like a car club but just for the Habs. They have get-to-gethers, buy shirts, hats pins anything Habs. Also, I've been to games in Edmonton and Calgary when they're here and if you're not paying attention you're not sure who scored because the place goes wild when Les Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge lights the lamp. The Maple Leafs???I'd cheer for Boston first

Originally Posted by zed
442much, my old 66 is long gone. The only Olds I have now is an 82 98. (not exactly a classic Olds...yet)
zed, our show is open to ALL Oldsmobiles. We have a 1982 98 Diesel that comes every year. Derek, I'll even extend an invite to a Detroit /Maple Leaf fan (if you're out this way) BTW Derek, nice man caveS.

Last edited by 442much; May 21st, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:05 AM

I'll have to post my 2 little areas. No cars in them, but tools in one area and car stuff in the other. It's a little messy because I'm gathering stuff together for the Alero show that we are putting on in Lansing

Originally Posted by 68Tom
Hey Redog, what's up with Pepsi and their Throwback products. As a loyal Pepsi drinker, I've searched all over Manhattan and haven't found any, went back to Phoenix (which is often a test zone for products) and can't find it there either. I don't get it. Pepsi is only producing a product for 8 weeks, and doesn't distribute it to 2 major areas. Kind of strange. Guess they didn't want to use up their back stock of sugar? I ended up spending $18 on a 12-pack on eBay, just so I could get some. That's not fair.

IDK, I remember from when I was a saleman NYC is a big Coke area, although it makes no sense that they wouldn't bring a product like Throwback there

We have it in Philly, it's pretty good stuff!! If you are going to Nationals I'll pick up some 12 packs for ya. $18 would have gotten you 6 12 packs right now.

Let me know. I know where all the sales are at which stores. I think Throwback has a 45 week shelf life. You give a dollar amount and I'll get what I can at that price and bring it out. I'll only be out on Saturday though

Last edited by Redog; May 22nd, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM

Here, hopefully, is a post from Garage Journal.com that shows the garage addition that I built 3 summers ago. I have had quite a good time in there. Wish it was a bit bigger!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5865
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by jeffreyalman
I want an old gas station with 4 or 6 bays and I will renovate the office to live in
I had a chance to and seriously considered it in 1994. Enticing....
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:51 AM

My cave for thin people only Andy[/IMG]
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Not as fancy as 442much, but here it is.... Hey Ken! Love your set up. The Saturday pop and pizza thing??? I thing I might have to drop over sometime. (I'll bring my own beer and a 6 pack of diet coke for ya) just so long as we don't end up watching chitty chitty bang bang . Far as watching TV in my mancave?? The bigscreen drops down from the ceiling with the surround sound Blue Ray player. Makes a great night out. (You weren't really buying that crap were you????)

BTW, no I don't cook and have beer or (diet coke) in the fridge. We just got new appliances and now the wife has to park outside till I get the truck over to get rid of the old junk.

For what it's worth, the garage is 20' X 24 with 2X6 studs, insulated (incl main door) and walls covered with 3/8 OSB so I can hang whatever I want on the walls. Cabinets were a throwaway from our old house when we renovated. Same for the garage fan/light. Works really nice on those hot days. More car parts stored downstairs (until the wife tells me otherwise) but I never seem to have enough room. Also got a small mancave in the back yard filled with tires, car parts, Yawnmower, & other "stuff".

Sorry, just went out and took the pics on a whim. Lot's of stuff needs to be put away so I have some place to work. I know. Messy shop is the sign of a .....something or other, can't remember right now. But the good part is I know where everything is (for now).
Attached Images
IMG_0835.jpg (87.8 KB, 52 views)
IMG_0836.jpg (86.3 KB, 49 views)
IMG_0837.jpg (80.4 KB, 61 views)
IMG_0839.jpg (73.2 KB, 49 views)
IMG_0834.jpg (59.9 KB, 32 views)
Old May 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
is Fast Enough ...

condos suck ...
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:06 AM

most of the time this is mine
Attached Images
T_Meka%20Michigan.jpg (24.3 KB, 32 views)
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:56 AM

For you new guys I'll post a few. But, Please don't yell at me [again] for using pvc for air lines. When the lights go off so does the compressor.
Attached Images
DSCN2256.jpg (84.0 KB, 103 views)
DSCN2257.jpg (121.6 KB, 96 views)
DSCN2258.jpg (113.7 KB, 80 views)
DSCN2260.jpg (109.6 KB, 82 views)
DSCN2265.jpg (100.9 KB, 55 views)
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo...

Sooooo, who cares about the pvc...??? That's a really nice cave you've got there. Way too organized......like you spend all your time just organizing........ your wifes probably not allowed in huh?? If she saw this, there's no doubt she'd be wanting you to do work in the house

K, just kidding. How bout some pics of the 69 Blue vert?
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:13 AM

Pics Sure
Attached Images
Picture 221.jpg (141.8 KB, 31 views)
Picture 223.jpg (101.2 KB, 28 views)
Picture 222.jpg (149.3 KB, 22 views)
Picture 192.jpg (82.7 KB, 48 views)
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM

Nice rides Jamesbo. You make grown men envious....
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:36 AM

Somebody's been doing some cleaning.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:40 AM

Thanks

I've told this story elsewhere but I'll tell it again here. This 69 442 convertible has a long history. And is really largely responsible for making me fall in love with Olds.

I bought this car from a friend of mines grandfather who had bought it for my friends aunt. She drove it through highschool then my friend drove it throught high school, then his 4 brothers drove it though High School.

These boys admitt to abusing the heck out of the car like rolling backward down and hill and dumping it into drive to lay rubber.[and tore out rear end that was replaced with numerically lower rear end]

I bought the car and drove it daily for years to and from my office 38 miles away one way. I then let my two nephews drive it though highschool [Are we counting here?] That's 6 highschool boy drivers and one high school girl [who more than likely let her boyfriends drive it too]

The speedo didn't work for years and there is no telling how many actualy mines are on the car. It could easliy be 2-300,000. When I restored it I redid everything but the back seat. I left that for a shrine.

There has been no, repeat no major engine work done to this car. Water pump yes, new a/c compressor yes, new front end work yes, new starter and solonoid yes. Last year, I drove it to H/O day and back over 200 miles through the N. Georgia mountains with the top down. I would get in this car now and drive to South America.

Really it is the most dependable car I've ever had. I did remove the junkyard pegleg rear and put in a posi carrier. The peg leg is under my work bench in one of the above pics. [Notice how I so cleaverly got back to the man cave subject of this thread.]
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM

Now that's a great story.
Obviously "they" built that one RIGHT!.
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM

OK you got me! I think its cool to see what everyone spends so much time in, Here's mine! Please excuse the mess, but I tool these in the heat of a big job!
Attached Images
Slide1.jpg (104.1 KB, 72 views)
Slide2.jpg (82.0 KB, 80 views)
Slide3.jpg (73.6 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by 44TEETWO; June 1st, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM

Old pics, not the best but you get the idea.

30x40 steel shop heated storing 4 cars, parts and tools.

25x25 2 car garage with 2 vehicles and more parts and tools and 24x30 carport seen in right side of pic holding 4 cars including 70 SX in pic and 70 W-31 Wagon

Last edited by orange442; June 2nd, 2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add
Old June 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM

AS@HOLES GARAGE (Mantown)

Here's my place.
Mantown 015.jpg

Mantown 005.jpg

Mantown 011.jpg

Mantown 012.jpg

Mantown 014.jpg
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Thats cool. did the wife pick the name?
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by scrappie
Thats cool. did the wife pick the name?
I'll bet ya a dime to a dounut that the wife said something like. "Honey you can have a new Olds If I get a new kitchen and you can take the old kitchen cabinets and use them in your garage for storage. Wouldn't that be neat?"
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Her, her friends, my friends, the list is long....
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 74 Omega
Her, her friends, my friends, the list is long....

Just fax me the dounut.
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'll bet ya a dime to a dounut that the wife said something like. "Honey you can have a new Olds If I get a new kitchen and you can take the old kitchen cabinets and use them in your garage for storage. Wouldn't that be neat?"
X2 thinking the same thing. Thats what I have in my garage only cost me $35K in kitchen remodel

Quick Reply: Time to show off your "mancaves".....here's mine