General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Thank's to All of You!

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Mak

Thank's to All of You!

Well, I've owned my 67 Delta 88 for about 5 years now, but it's been just 2 years since I decided not to sell it... got serious about whipping her into shape... and joined this forum (okay, actually I'm 5 days early). Anyway, my car still has a little way to go (carpet next!)... but has come leaps & bounds from where she was back then! I consider my Old's to be a totally dependable daily driver, now... that I wouldn't hesitate to jump into and take-off on a road trip. From brakes, to engine & transmission, to cooling system & electrical... even helping me decide on the appropriate wheel & tires (IMO)... I absolutely could not have gotten this far without the information, advise & opinions I've gotten here. Being a member of several other online forums, I consider CO to be the bench-mark of what a great forum should be... help & advise, without the BS! Thanks to all that have helped me along the way so far... and while I'm certainly no expert, I hope that I might help others from time to time with some of the knowledge I've gained here. So, thanks again... and cheers to you!

Last edited by Mak; June 23rd, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I can't remember whether I specifically helped you or not, but you're welcome!

Having a 45 year old car that's as dependable as any other daily driver is a wonderful thing.

- Eric
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Mak

Originally Posted by MDchanic
I can't remember whether I specifically helped you or not, but you're welcome!

Having a 45 year old car that's as dependable as any other daily driver is a wonderful thing.

- Eric
Oh, you've definitely passed some much needed & well used info my way!
The experiences others have already had is something you just don't get from a service manual.

My Old's is by far the oldest of my fleet of several vehicles... And yes, knowing I could hop in it and drive cross-country at a moments notice is a wonderful thing!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM

I know your feeling Mak - I feel the same way about my car and this site also after 5 years or so! I never thought I would have stayed on here, but some good things just 'happen'. This site is different from most other sites - friendly, informative, supportive, and motivating.
You are in a much more beautiful area to drive than I so hope you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Now just don't go around saying that you are done working on the car, as we all know they are never done!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM

Great looking car Mak. You are right this site is a tremendous help.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mak

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Now just don't go around saying that you are done working on the car, as we all know they are never done!
HA! That's a running joke between my wife, Krissy, and I... each time I finish a project on the Old's (or my motorcycle), I say to her "Okay... NOW I'm done!"

Last edited by Mak; June 23rd, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Administrator

I agree Mak, this is a great site. There is a wealth of info among the members and old threads. A real perk is most everyone actually gets along and are mostly respectful towards one and other.

Last edited by oldcutlass; June 23rd, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mak

Originally Posted by Sampson
Great looking car Mak.
Thanks!
Hmmm... looking at the two pics I posted, it just occurred to me that my car is one of the few convertibles I can think of that actually looks better with the top up! To me, anyway.
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mak
Thanks!
Hmmm... looking at the two pics I posted, it just occurred to me that my car is one of the few convertibles I can think of that actually looks better with the top up! To me, anyway.
This is a good forum. Good people. My 68 442 actually looks better to me with the top up also. The cars look a lot longer with the top down I guess. It's definitely a visual thing. Good luck, and your car looks great.
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM

That's a beautiful car. Glad you kept it