General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Thanks to all of you

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM

Smile Thanks to all of you

The last few weeks I have tackled intake and wiring issues and I wanted to up date everyone.The dash light problems ended up to be ground wire hooked to the end of the gray wire, dash lights and the little 4amp fuse that's hard to see was bad. I put 3 fuses in before I got a good one.A big thanks to Rob for that one!The intake started to leak the 2nd time a little down by the oil filter I ran it and retightened the bolts and it seems to be fine now.Next spring if I have to do it again I will not use the rubber pieces that come with it I will goop it up.I also had better luck with the 2pcs gasket.We are snowed in so I will not drive it to next April.I did get the flowtech headers I should of asked before I bought them a lot of negative feedback.Im going to try them if they don"t fit well I am returning them and getting a pair suggested by you guys,I will let you no what happens there. I also put a steel fan on and took the flex fan off what a much better sounding motor. Happy New year to all of you and be safe!!
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM

Glad you got much of it fixed up before putting it away for the winter.
I sure liked Maine when I was there in summer of 2009. Saw a nice 72 Cutlass vert out there, too.
I bet it looks differen t with all the snow.
I would love to see a live picture of Portland Head Lighthouse with all the snow on the ground...
Ah - peaceful...........