General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Speed Channel vs. Spike

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM

Speed Channel vs. Spike

I find that Spike is a better channel that Speed lately. Right now on Speed all they are showing is auto racing, followed by motocross and then motocross and the motorcycle racing On Spike there's musclecar, xtreme 4x4, horsepower tv, trucks,, musclecar and disorderly conduct. That's way more entertaining. Maybe Speed should watch Spike.
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Speed is NASCAR TV, then infomercials all winter.
They do have the F-1 races though, I love Formula One racing live at sunrise.
I don't even know what channel Spike is.

NASCAR is on Fox now, I'm going back out to work on the car some more before I fall asleep.
I backed it out into the drive to wash the garage floor, first time she's ever seen snow in her life, poor thing kept picking up one tire at a time and shaking it off.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Olds + Mopar = Happiness

I like Speed because of Pinks, Pass Time, Barrett, Jackson, Monster Jam, castrol engine block and etc. haven't watched to much of Spike, I'll have to give it a look.
Old March 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Just A BaBy {:

Originally Posted by Gearhead442
I like Speed because of Pinks, Pass Time, Barrett, Jackson, Monster Jam, castrol engine block and etc. haven't watched to much of Spike, I'll have to give it a look.
x2, but I don't like spike at all...
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:47 PM

I like xtreme 4x4 and I'll watch Muscle Car if happens to be one that they haven't repeated 100 times, I used to watch Horse Power when that big guy was on it, don't watch that much anymore, it just seems to be an infomercial for bolt on parts anyway. It seems the Speed Channel has most of the shows that I watch (pinks,pass time etc.) on sort of a late night time slot. I do watch Gearz once in awhile on that channel also. So I guess that I watch Speed Channel more being I rarely get to watch anything that I want to. However being the shows on there are late night and I'm the only one still up I actually get control of the remote.
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM

On Muscle Car they are doing a budget build on a 73 Buick so that's kind of cool. Other then that I don't like watching either.
Old March 7th, 2010, 08:01 PM
1972 Cutlass 455

Yeah that Buick they are working on is pretty cool, very different. But that's why they said they wanted to do it. The hosts said they are already getting flak from viewers but come on, how many Cameros, Chevelles and Mustangs can you rebuild? They are finally doing something that stands out. As for Spike vs Speed, that's why God invented Tivo, best of both worlds!
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM

I'll watch that with the Buick as it is the same style my 76. I like the 64-72 cars, but this is something different. Glad they changed it up.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Ever hear of a lil ol channel called HD-TV..?

We have a channel here in bagdad (SC) on direct tv called HD theatre TV....they have some british car shows...and there's a show about a guy named Wayne Carini called chasing classic cars that's pretty cool. He's a high end car dealer called F-40 motorsports in New England area...pretty cool show to watch. The british shows are called wheeler dealers...its where they buy cheap cars and fix them up and resell them for a profit. Another 1 is called Classic care club thats got a pretty good looking british woman test driving ferrari's and lambo's thats fun to watch too...you have to really look for this channel to find it but its worth it. my 2 cents on the subject. Oldsdroptop
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:18 AM

The weekend shows on Spike are good, but that's all they have. My gripe with Speed is too many programming blocks with either B-J, Nascar or whatever else. I wonder what happened to 'My Classic Car'... used to be on Speed late nights, but can't find it now. Don't forget Overhaulin' on TLC.
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM

I find my classic car on early Saturday mornings on speed. Its the only time I can find it anymore. The two guys garage isn't as good as it used to be when the old guy was on. Its mostly about aftermarket parts now. Yeah and nacar has taken over hardly watch anymore
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by oldsdroptop
We have a channel here in bagdad (SC) on direct tv called HD theatre TV....they have some british car shows...and there's a show about a guy named Wayne Carini called chasing classic cars that's pretty cool. He's a high end car dealer called F-40 motorsports in New England area...pretty cool show to watch. The british shows are called wheeler dealers...its where they buy cheap cars and fix them up and resell them for a profit. Another 1 is called Classic care club thats got a pretty good looking british woman test driving ferrari's and lambo's thats fun to watch too...you have to really look for this channel to find it but its worth it. my 2 cents on the subject. Oldsdroptop
I've been watching HD Theater too. Yes, a lot of british stuff but a lot of other cool stuff as well. The PowerBlock on Spike is just one big Infomercial to me and it is like they are reading a script the whole time, sounds cheesy. Wish I had Speed. Love the roadrace and rally stuff on there.
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

speed and spike both suck.

way too many commercials and bad info

Originally Posted by Natas
I've been watching HD Theater too. Yes, a lot of british stuff but a lot of other cool stuff as well. The PowerBlock on Spike is just one big Infomercial to me and it is like they are reading a script the whole time, sounds cheesy. Wish I had Speed. Love the roadrace and rally stuff on there.
top gear is the bomb,i still can't figure out who Stig is.
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by oldsonharmont
The weekend shows on Spike are good, but that's all they have. My gripe with Speed is too many programming blocks with either B-J, Nascar or whatever else. I wonder what happened to 'My Classic Car'... used to be on Speed late nights, but can't find it now. Don't forget Overhaulin' on TLC.
I'll take Spike over Speed, 1 word, Courtney MCC is usually on Sun. morning on Speed. Last of all, AJ on Overhaulin' isn't too bad on the eyes either.
Old March 11th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Registered Abuser

I like Spike, but Speed is in Hi Def on my cable and Spike is not. So, Speed it is....
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:08 AM

I wish that on muscle car they would finish a project before starting another one. My point is the Red Sled (61 Impala 2dr sedan) last year they didn't touch it.
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Land Yacht Captain

SPIKE + Deadliest Warrior = WIN!!!!!
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM

Exclamation What happened to it!!!

Originally Posted by KQQLCAT
I wish that on muscle car they would finish a project before starting another one. My point is the Red Sled (61 Impala 2dr sedan) last year they didn't touch it.

Red Sled was a good project on Muscle Car but like everyone has said why don't they stop jumping around and get these projects completed to retain our interest and we can see how and what they have to do to complete these Projects. Since Speed dropped Dream Car Garage I really don't have a lot of interest. Track Racing is soooo repetitious, same old same old!!!
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:52 AM

Musclecar finishes half of what they start. Road race 65 Mustang, 64 Comet, Red Sled, etc. That show is the worst of the 4 power block shows.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Top Gear did unmask the Stig(I wont say,let you catch it)

I watch a little of both.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Which one??? STIG changes every few years. They've had 4 since I've been watching.
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
SPIKE + Deadliest Warrior = WIN!!!!!
My ancestors defeated the Ninja's