General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Some one useing your pictures.

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2008, 04:29 AM

Some one using your pictures.

What would you do if someone on this site was using all of your car pictures?

I just updated some pics of my 442 on the members area and found a user is using all of my pics that I had taken for my 68 Cutlass S. I sold this car about a year ago. I just really don't want this person to use my photo's. They sould use there own. The user hasn't posted in a long time and I have tried to get in touch with him. (no responce)

What would you do? am I just being **** about this. I know the picture aren't copy protected and really anyone can use them. It's just the principal

Thanks, Dan

Last edited by dan1s; May 7th, 2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Past Administrator

You are right that they are free to be used and you are right to be bothered but there isn't much you could do. The problem with the internet is that when a person posts pictures they become available to all. I know that photographers have certain claims since that is their livelihood and sometimes I will see pictures with a watermark on it. I really don't know what you could do about it.
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:17 AM

Thanks Dan

It was just a shocker to see, 1. my old car again and 2. all of my picture of it. I don't even know if this is the guy that bought it.

Well I guess this is a leason learned.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Happens all the time.
In my opinion, I'd consider the pictures included with the sale of the car.

I wouldn't be angry if someone was showing pictures of an old ex girlfriend, If I'm now happily married to someone else.
Kind of the same concept I guess.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM

Well that's one hell of a way of looking at it.

That was good!!!!

Last edited by dan1s; May 8th, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Senior Moment

Plenty of people without lives create one on the internet by stealing pictures and claiming them as their own..

But then again, wasn't there some upgrading or work on the site at one time that caused some issues with the galleries? Perhaps they got reassigned mistakenly.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:23 AM

This is true. This user has never made a post. Why would you join here and never ask a question. I never did erase those pictures that I had in my profile (Gallery), they just vanished. Can one of the administrators see if this is actually a member.

Another thing is the picture dates. It was June 2006 when I joined here and uploaded these picture. This is the date of this person's uploads. It just seem's way to much of a coincidence.

Here's the link.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...2021&protype=1

Thanks, Dan

Last edited by dan1s; May 8th, 2008 at 06:38 AM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM

Wink let it go Dan ... but I can see your point.

Dan my man,
I used to own the only known restored 1967 GM Holden Police "Divisional van" ( a panel van - you might call it a "delivery" in the US that was converted and used by our police as a mobile lock-up" )... and it was a cool vehicle to own as it had been restored by a still serving police inspector and had the radio, blue roof light, "coffee grinder" siren on the hood, etc. and was a great crowd pleaser.

I was out of work when I decided to let this piece of history go to a very keen enthusiast who owns some very nice restored Holdens.

The next year it was in all the newspapers as part of our State Police Force's 150th Anniversary celebrations ... and it was great to see it and him ( he fitted into a reproduction era police uniform a lot better than I would've - he works out ! Bastard ! ) enjoying the spotlight that I had enjoyed for 3 years as it's owner as it had been in a number of publications as my car in that time.

Simply - I let it go ... and it was great to see someone was taking good care of it, but in reality I did not build it so it was meerly a possesion that my heart and soul was not a part of... unlike my girlfriends 31,418mile 1967 Holden Premier - http://groups.msn.com/MyAussie67Olds...to&PhotoID=134 - which I spent many years helping to build up and source parts for to make it one of Australia's best of that model.

THAT is one car I will never let go of... and my 67 Olds Delta 88 Custom will be the other. MINE ! Not for sale at any price.

My girlfriend (who can no longer drive as she has M.S. ) asked me one day "Would you let me sell my car ?", to which I replied "Sure"... she was shocked ... "What... you would let me sell it ?!" she asked again, to which I said "Sure ... but only to me !"

That is one vehicle I could not stand to see in someone elses hands.. so I can understand you might have been upset initially.

I hope you have a new "love" in your life as J put it so well.

cheers for now
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM

Gary,

Nicely said. Yes I do have a new love. I will never sell my new 442. My son is only 6 and I have already promised it to him.

But the question is did my gallery get mixed up.
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Senior Moment

It also says Dillinger5 registered in Aug 06.. so how does one upload in June when he is not registered until Aug??
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Yea, I know. That would be a little hard to do.

Thanks for all of your help and advice.

Dan
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Past Administrator

Dan, I have PM'd you about a solution and I am sure you know this but for everyone else's information. We had a crash recently and during the rebuild of the website some pictures may have been assigned to the wrong owners in our gallery, read this thread to get the scoop. I think we are getting your problem fixed Dan.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Thank Dan for all of your help. Sorry to put you through all of this and make more work for you guys. This is a great site and I love reading and posting here. Great bunch of guys.

Dan