General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Shameless Plug

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Shameless Plug

I only recently started dealing with ILT (In Line Tube) to buy some replacement stuff for my projects. I've read on this site that some folks haven't recieved the 'service' they expected.

Me? Just the opposite.
I've spoken with 3 different people on the order desk. Everyone of them was polite, patient and professional. They answered questions even what might have been dumb to them without being sarcastic. (That's one reason I will never shop at BAP - the sarcasm and shipping). Anyway, the parts have all been good, priced right and the shipping costs were more than reasonable.

My last order there was a mixup with the lower control arm bumpers. The rep made a mistake thinking there were 2 bumpers in the set and the total cost was only 12.00, so he only put 1 on the order instead of 2. Just called them and explained what happened. No problem: I'll pay for the bumper (fair's fair) and they will ship for free. The guy probably was still on a learning curve with the parts list and practical application - he sounded really young.

Sometimes when you get good service all the time from an online store, you just want to share that with the rest of the community.
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Thanks Allan,

It is very common to complain about a vendor or retailer. I seems hard to find good stories about customer service. I like giving positive feed back where it is due.

btw, I am not affliated with ILT, nor have a purchased anything from thim. I might now that I hear something good.

Adam
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Pretty much same here. Few issues, but nothing much. I would say 99% of all my repro parts are from ILT. One thing I like is their color PDF catalog, and the way their eBay stuff is setup with pics, descriptions (albeit typos) and stuff. And yes, I read their libel threats on various boards before ordering.

However, I have to ask this... do they send you a tracking code on each order, or do you have to bug them for one? Just curious b/c I have to hound them on every (ok... most) order and it gets annoying.

Last edited by oldzy; November 15th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
It is very common to complain about a vendor or retailer. I seems hard to find good stories about customer service. I like giving positive feed back where it is due.Adam
I believe the same thing, which is why I posted that. Hoping that everyone has the same good service I did. I used to be associated with a service industry too, so I know exactly how important it is to get the good words out periodically. How hard is that??

Originally Posted by oldzy
One thing I like is their color PDF catalog, and the way their eBay stuff is setup with pics, descriptions (albeit typos) and stuff. And yes, I read their libel threats on various boards before ordering.

However, I have to ask this... do they send you a tracking code on each order, or do you have to bug them for one? Just curious b/c I have to hound them on every (ok... most) order and it gets annoying.
I also like their catalogues. They have 2 kinds: the New items one and the Oldsmobile one. I've never recieved a tracking number, but I always get the efile (zip file) that has the order details sent to my email address. It seems to be very well organized.
FWIW, I don't think they have control over the shipping because it goes through USPS at discounted professional bulk systems rates (which I really appreciate + it doesn't stop for customs). All the orders I've placed usually take about 10-12 business days to get here. That's pretty much standard for just about anything I buy out of the US.

BTW, they are NOT Supercars Unlimited or whatever it is. They just have a loose association with them to supply / ship some ebay items.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Deleted.....

Last edited by BIGJERR; November 15th, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Come on, tell us all how you feel.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
The news up here isnt so popular.I live 7 miles from the store.The last time I made a visit to purchase something .We played that Old Childhood game and one of my all time favorites Marco /Polo..I must have been bothering them.For me its Fusick all the way.Steve OBrien and the rest of the crew.Top Drawer ***** .Its worth the shipping.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
wait.... what....

The majority of my stuff comes from Fusicks (just placed an order today), but for the things Fusicks doesn't have i usually get from ILT. So far i haven't had any problems with ILT, and they even let me pick up my order on a Sat, when they clearly state that they are closed on Sat.
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM

Myself, I have had good luck with them. Mainly brake, fuel, transmision lines etc.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM

I've bought a lot of stuff this past year from ILT and couldn't be happier with their products and customer service. I've had the same experience with Fusicks too though. It's funny though a few of the things I bought from Fusicks have come in InlineTube and OPG packages.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Same here. Bought a rear tail light housing tin shield cover thing from Fusick... and it was from ILT. Perhaps ILT actually made it.
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:53 AM

Inline Tube is somewhat good to deal with. Brake line and gas line parts are well made and fairly accurate...[for 70 Cutlass anyway.] Some repops are not accurate, but can be returned with no problem. [PS...don't call the owner Jim, and don't bother asking for a preferred/repeat customer discount.]
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Whenever I get good service I put up a post saying so on any relevant forums.
Often after I have done so people post replies saying what a bunch of incompetent crooks they are.
Sometimes reading the posts I get the impression that for some people having the parts delivered for free ten seconds after they put the phone down and the delivery guy fitting the parts for free wouldn't be good enough.

Roger.
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by rustyroger
Whenever I get good service I put up a post saying so on any relevant forums.
Often after I have done so people post replies saying what a bunch of incompetent crooks they are.
Sometimes reading the posts I get the impression that for some people having the parts delivered for free ten seconds after they put the phone down and the delivery guy fitting the parts for free wouldn't be good enough.

Roger.
Man this made me laugh this morning... Good one! Thanx
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by atkinsom
man this made me laugh this morning... Good one! Thanx :d
x2!!
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Good and bad dealings.

Here are the Good Guys;

Rockauto, I ordered some parts when I was in Texas earlier this year, USPS managed to screw up delivery (see Bad Guys below), but when I told them of my problems they refunded my costs no questions asked.

Olmanwinter (site member), He had some parts I wanted, described them honestly to me and made sure I had the parts before I left for home. He also gave me precise and easy to understand directions on how to fit new timing gear on my car.

Denise, the manager of Carquest, Llano, Tx. She always goes the extra mile to make sure I have exactly what I need when I give her a shopping list for parts for me and my American car club friends back in the UK, and keeps me informed about any problems or delays. She found a distributor for a '68 AMC 290 for me in 2 days.

US Automotive (UK based American parts supplier), if I can't wait for a USA trip they have supplied a lot of parts for me. They make sure we both understand what they are supplying and how much it will cost, ok it's a bit more expensive but they are running a business and I think their prices are reasonable.

Rodley Motors, - same as US Automotive, great service.

The Bad Guys;

USPS, They managed to get parts I ordered from Rockauto to Llano Post Office and ship them straight back out again in 15 minutes!.

Western Union, When I was dealing with Olmanwinter they sent my money order to a local WU agent and not direct to Olmanwinter. I made it clear when I sent the money order I was not familiar with how their system worked and told them what I wanted to do, but they were no help at all.

USA Spares, Another UK based Amercan parts supplier, sent me the wrong parts three times and wouldn't do anything about it.

Roger.

Last edited by rustyroger; November 18th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
"me somebody" site member

Roger.
Its great to hear when people have had good luck with vendors, but to characterize the experiences of people who did have have the same good fortune like that is more than a little unfair. Heck, I heard Brudders even shipped an order on time once, but I sure wouldn't conclude anything from THAT.
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
I heard Brudders even shipped an order on time once, but I sure wouldn't conclude anything from THAT.
That was just a rumour
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
wait.... what....

In an earlier post (Tuesday) i mentioned that i had ordered some stuff from Fusicks. Well that was Tuesday and they have already arrived! Not only that but they knocked my shipping down to a lower price bracket! Great place to deal with!
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Originally Posted by rroth01
The last time I made a visit to purchase something .We played that Old Childhood game and one of my all time favorites Marco /Polo..
How do you play Marco/Polo?.

I've never heard of it, please enlighten me.

Roger.
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

How do you play Marco/Polo?.I've never heard of it, please enlighten me. Roger.
Its a kids game Roger. Watch the video. Adults just adapt it to their standards like this: Blindfold Marco and give him a stick to hit with. He yells Marco - you have to respond Polo. He uses your voice to determine proxmimity and when he thinks he's close enough he swings and tries to hit you... If he does it usually hurts. Fun fun fun and bruises!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-GMXoIzkE

Let's give it a try, shall we? Marco!!!
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:21 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Originally Posted by Allan R
Its a kids game Roger. Watch the video. Adults just adapt it to their standards like this: Blindfold Marco and give him a stick to hit with. He yells Marco - you have to respond Polo. He uses your voice to determine proxmimity and when he thinks he's close enough he swings and tries to hit you... If he does it usually hurts. Fun fun fun and bruises!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-GMXoIzkE

Let's give it a try, shall we? Marco!!!
POLO! Damn!!, missed.

Perhaps it works better if I've had more beer than I really need.

Roger.
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:20 AM

Polo...
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

POLO! Damn!!, missed.
Perhaps it works better if I've had more beer than I really need.
Roger.
ummm Roger.... when you say POLO, its YOU who has to duck 'cause it's ME who's swingin.... Don't be upset that I missed
X2 with it works better with more beer! I understand you 'blokes' like the dark bitters room temp? From what I've heard it has less alcholic content so you can drink more and stay reasonably sober enough to walk . Me? I like a nice cold one. My garage right now is at 0C so it's got my beer flats stacked, and since its an attached garage I only have to open the man-door to grab one!

Anyway, back to the original theme:
ILT sent me the control arm bumper FREE!! and no shipping charge!. Gotta love great service. They didn't have to do that, and I was more than willing to pay for the part. There are some companies out there who will go the extra mile to keep customers happy!
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:50 AM

I have gotten stuff from ebay from them and cant complain. Tried to get some info on their car's but was not to informed they have a car that has edelbrock heads that were redone to look stock numbers and all have not seen just read
about it wanted to know who did it for them but got no response? parts have been packed nice and all of what they said they would be.
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Nothing worse than being ignored..Hello..Anybody..Bing Bong.Hello Sir..I have my Communion Money here.And thats all I have to say about that..
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by rroth01
Nothing worse than being ignored..Hello..Anybody..Bing Bong.Hello Sir..I have my Communion Money here.And thats all I have to say about that..
MARCO! Now, show me da money!!!
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:45 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Anyway, back to the original theme:
ILT sent me the control arm bumper FREE!! and no shipping charge!. Gotta love great service. They didn't have to do that, and I was more than willing to pay for the part. There are some companies out there who will go the extra mile to keep customers happy!
Did the delivery guy fit it for free?.

Roger.
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

ummm Roger.... when you say POLO, its YOU who has to duck 'cause it's ME who's swingin.... Don't be upset that I missed
X2 with it works better with more beer! I understand you 'blokes' like the dark bitters room temp? From what I've heard it has less alcholic content so you can drink more and stay reasonably sober enough to walk . Me? I like a nice cold one. My garage right now is at 0C so it's got my beer flats stacked, and since its an attached garage I only have to open the man-door to grab one!
Guess I'll have to drink more warm rusty water....

Our beer is normally around 4-5% alcohol by volume, after 6 cans I can no longer take part in anything sensible....
But that's just me, my serious drinking buddies always welcome my company because I'd rather have a cup of tea and drive them home again.

Roger.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Did the delivery guy fit it for free?.Roger.
Nope! Canada Post delivered it, believe it or not. I wouldn't trust the guy who delivers our mail to tie his own shoe laces. Come to think of it, he doesn't wear tie -ups. Let him loose with a socket on my new parts? I'd rather do a polar bear dip in January!

Our beer is normally around 4-5% alcohol by volume, after 6 cans I can no longer take part in anything sensible....
Roger.
You're my kind of guy! uhhh, I can't believe I typed that.... you know what i mean
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Thats one of the many things I like about Canada..Great Strong Beer ..And of course ...The Peelers...
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM

What yallz talking aboot eh?
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by oldzy
What yallz talking aboot eh?
The great traditions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1RN3...feature=fvwrel

and PEELERS
Old November 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM

You know PEELERS .The Windsor Ballet.Runway 69 in Toronto.Cheetahs ,Topless dancers..Like Ron White says.."Once you see one Woman naked ..You want to see the rest of em" EH?