General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Sedan man

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2022, 03:15 PM

Sedan man

I was just sitting around today waiting to stuff my face with all the wonderful Easter dinner goodies when this popped in to my head,
all my collector/classic/toys have been sedans !! THIS IS NOT BY DESIGN it just happened !!
My first car was a 1963 Biscayne 2 door sedan, radio delete, no p/s, no p/b, no carpet had vinyl , 230 cid 6 cyl it did have a auto trans ,I made no mods to that plain Jane I just drove the wheels off it.
next up was my 1957 Chevy Sedan delivery obviously a sedan, set up for the strip it could be street driven but it didn't spend much time on the cruise the streets tour it was not a daily driver.
next up was my 1965 Pontiac Tempest now there may be some controversy here as I don't believe Pontiac called them sedans I believe they were referred to as 2 door post coupes there was a B pillar and the windows had frames so at least to me it was a sedan !!!
Next up after a long vacation from having any toys (just daily drivers, raising a family and buying houses put a dent in the toys ) I saw a road side bargain just to good to pass up, a 1964 2 door BelAir sedan the price of the car and the condition just made it to good to pass up and that was my first Restoration and I got it 95% completed before selling it to financially assist one of my daughters.(it was a beauty it turned out quite well and I was quite proud of it)
it was about 8 years before I decided to jump in again an low and behold along came the 56 Super 88 and guess what another sedan !!
I'm not sure why all my classics have been sedans I was not seeking sedans it just turned out that way and I never even thought about it until today so I guess I'm Solly the sedan man !!! here's the 64 BelAir just before I sold her, she was one sweet driving car, when you got behind the wheel she gave you the feeling you could drive her around the world.

Last edited by solly; April 18th, 2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old April 17th, 2022, 03:25 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Solly I think you got the title correct. You are no doubt supposed to be Sedanman. Most of mine have been convertibles with the exception of the car I have now and a 74 Corvette years ago and both had T Tops or in the case of the Hurst Olds, it is Hurst Hatches.
Old April 17th, 2022, 05:04 PM
Oldsdruid

Not a thing wrong with owning a sedan. Some were the cheapest car the manufacturer offered and others were very fancy indeed. As I've said many times "a nice old car is a nice old car".

Me, I dig wagons and Toronados. That's a diagnosis all its own☺️.
Old April 17th, 2022, 05:27 PM

Lol….
nice rocket..hehe
Old April 17th, 2022, 05:31 PM

Respect, In today’s climate, it is no longer shameful to be “out of the closet”. I’m glad that you are comfortable in your own skin! 😀🤣.
Old April 18th, 2022, 03:57 AM

2 door sedans are COOL!
Old April 18th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

There are some pretty cool 4-door sedans on here too.
Old April 18th, 2022, 12:34 PM
72Cutlass S

I’m trying to visualize what a Sedan man super hero uniform would look like.
Old April 18th, 2022, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by gs72
I’m trying to visualize what a Sedan man super hero uniform would look like.
Well lets see if someone wants to make me one,
here are the requirements for the proto type. It should be 1 piece, it should be loose fitting ( I'm sure anything tight fitting would be repulsive to the ladies') for easy movement, it should have a elastic waist for my ever expanding waist line, it should have a high SPF since I am in AZ. it should be stain resistant since all my tee shirts
seem to have a history lesson of everything I have ever eaten, the footwear should be slip on since tying my shoes has become a memory, head gear should be some kind of fedora( I love fedora's ) and last but not least the colors should be Alcan white and Tropical green.
Any suggestions are welcome, SEDAN MAN.

Old April 18th, 2022, 04:06 PM

Solly - You were already immortalized when America wrote a song about you:

'Cause I understand you've been running from the man,
That goes by the name of Sedan Man.
He flies the sky like an eagle in the eye,
Of a hurricane that's abandoned.