General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

rte 66 raceway in joliet il

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2017, 07:41 PM
jfb

Question rte 66 raceway in joliet il

well 41 seems to be a slight problem still so is rte 66 raceway still a pain and to strict for t and t nights I might have to change my direction this year to them. I have not been there in a while and before it was rea----lly strict.
Old March 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM

You should check out Great Lakes Dragaway. Just a hop skip and a jump over the border in Union Grove WI.
Old March 18th, 2017, 06:17 AM
jfb

I love the idea of union grove but it is about 110 miles from me and 66 and 41 are closer for me by half the amount and I drive there but if trailering it is a option ihra rules at the grove are attractive. I have been there for memorial day weekends and most can get into the show there including beautiful musclecars.
Old June 16th, 2017, 02:32 PM
jfb

so what is the verdict really strict or to strict or normal nhra rules guys.
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:23 PM

What type of issues did you have before? NHRA tracks follow the safety rules in the NHRA rule book. Not hard to pass tech unless your car is too fast, and you lack the right equipment for speed reached, or youre missing basic safety equipment like correct helmet, overflow jug, battery tyedown, or seatbelts.
Old June 21st, 2017, 05:31 PM
jfb

thanks for the info.I was frequenting the track before and they were questioning the exact location of drive shaft loops to the tee and approved safety equipment plus wheel stud length even though everything was up to date and in place correctly and the right size. I am glad it is not so **** there now. I had no problems at Byron or the grove beforehand that year. thanks for the update.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 05:30 AM

8-10 years ago, Rt 66 teched the crap out of my '83 when it was completely bone stock, down to the smog pump and converter. Was giving me some grief about the stock overflow jug and battery hold down... went out and ran a blistering 16.1.

No idea if it's still that way or not.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:57 AM
jfb

that's what I was trying to check about, see right above quote. doing it safely is the way to go but being **** about it is ridiculous. I also had other friends with other makes of cars who just like me are 100 percent safe by nhra rules and they had the same problems and will not go back. we all build our cars with the nhra rules in mind so we can run safely at any track anywhere. this is also the way in the day people did it with street /strip machines it might be 2017 but the heart and soul still apply today if the interest is there. nowadays it seems to be a lot of imports and to a lesser degree American cars and old school thinking could put you on top of the scene like a king. what is old is new again spread the word with class oldsmobile class and speed.