General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Returned from my first Olds Nationals earlier today.

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2022, 11:23 PM

Returned from my first Olds Nationals earlier today.

First off, having spent my entire life in the SE United States, the attendees could not have been greeted with a more scorching hot week (even by southern standards, this has been well above avg hot temps). Every person that was able to stay outside for longer than a few of hrs at a time deserves a trophy. Beyond the blast furnace weather, it was truly a memorable time to see Olds people and their cars. So many gorgeous cars to observe made it a special event. Some nice parts at the swap meet (again, god bless those vendors for sticking that weather out). Having invested loads of time and dollars into my 70-442, I truly appreciated the amount of attention to detail placed into the cars that were displayed. Btw, to those that mock those with "trailer queen" cars would be happy to know that every owner I spoke with were clearly hard working guys that simply have chosen to restore their cars for enjoyment and not get rich mindsets. The level of detail in so many of the cars on display was a joy to observe. I was originally planning to stay another day, but plans changed. Cheers as well to all the wives that chose to attend the mtg and sit with their husbands outside (not sure that my wife could handle that hot weather as long as some of those ladies). I hope to attend another show next year.
Old July 9th, 2022, 12:33 AM

Extremely well said.