General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Reproduction window stickers

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM

Reproduction window stickers

Anyone know where I can have a reproduction dealer window sticker made. I thought I seen this posted before but can't find any trace of it
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ds&btnG=Search

Norm
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM

What I did was take my old one and type out the options list. Then I found a "kid" who was a photo shop whiz to reproduce the origional
Old October 1st, 2008, 05:09 AM

I bought a blank repro from either Fusicks or the Parts place last year. I have yet to fill it in though.
My mom had since chunked her old 1960's typewriter, so I need to find a better was to "type" it in and have it look original...
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM

I don't have the original or a blank to start with but Thanks to 88 Coupe I have a place to start. Thanks all, I knew I've seen this already posted, But didn't book mark the site.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:36 AM

My knowledge is about the 60s stickers. The factory used a silk ribbon, 8 lines to the vertical inch (not 6 like typewriters use), and a special font that can be duplicated with a mix of several IBM Selectric typing elements. Horizontal was 10 spaces to the inch. Additionally, you need to have the correct prices and wording to make a good sticker. The correct blank is only the beginning. The reproductions I have seen were really crude in that they used laser jets etc. with miserably wrong type fonts and spacing. To an expert, they scream "counterfeit".
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM

Run to Rund, Where can I find pricing and what is the correct wording? Do you have one that I can look at? I'm starting to think that this isn't going to come out like I hoped. On the one site that 88 Coupe suggested sounds like you give them the info and they type it up.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM

Find the Olds flyer on ebay that shows options and prices for your year. It takes experience and some example stickers to know wording and what else appears on stickers. Otherwise, someone will show up with a correct sticker and you will be unhappy. Maybe you can find a genuine sticker for a car of your year as a guideline. The outfit you describe probably is almost clueless and you won't be happy with the result. A poor counterfeit will only degrade the overall presentation to those who know better, and you wikll find experts on each year if you search for them. The list of advisers listed each month in OCA's JWO magazine is a place to start.
Old October 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Thanks Run to Rund for the solid and good advice. The last thing I want is a 1/2 *** attempt. I'll start doing a little more research and see what I can find. You gave me a place to start. Thank you.