General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pictures needed for the 2012 all oldsmobile car calendar!

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM

Take it...
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Olds65

Take it...

A critique.... turn wheels the other way, let the sun go down more to kill the glare and shadows, and you have a giant log sticking thru the cars greenhouse.
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by TK-65
A critique.... turn wheels the other way, let the sun go down more to kill the glare and shadows, and you have a giant log sticking thru the cars greenhouse.
Hey TK, nice new sig line. Looks much cooler than your previous one.
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM

I posted these eariler and everybody seems to love them, so here's my other Oldsmobile

1985 Delta 88 Royale

I'll email the full rez pics to you

Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting lots of great pics! Just a FYI that a great car in your driveway will probley not get in the calendar........Staged pictures with cool backgrounds are kinda what were looking for..........I can only photoshop so much! lol

As of right now I have recieved over 300 pictures of over 200 diffrent cars in just a couple weeks! Who says are brand is dead? Not me!

Send them in to asap! BIGJP455@msn.com OldsmobileCalendar@hotmail.com or even this one OldsmobileCalender@hotmail.com Yep I misspelled it when I did it up! lol

Here is some of the better pictures that I have tinkered with in Photoshop......These are not ~in~ the calendar but i liked them enough to put some time in on them....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=0380aa9bc9

Last edited by BIGJERR; October 22nd, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:58 AM

Hey, Jerr - I sent these 5 to the misspelled address, only because I like things that are different...

Here is at Lake Lavon last year, when there was water in it. This section has dried up now...

Here is a couple good Texas shots I got in Trinidad, TX yesterday.
Note the operating farm tractor in the distance...

I hoped to get some pics next to Cedar Creek Lake, but when I got there, there was not enough water to make good pictures. It is 5' low now...

Engine bay is photogenic, now...

THANK YOU Jerr for all of your effort to make these calendars happen.
Looks like there are MANY good ones to choose from based on what is in this thread so far!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0048.jpg (62.4 KB, 221 views)
IMG_0892.jpg (42.2 KB, 882 views)
IMG_0897.jpg (41.9 KB, 819 views)
Eng_bay_done_0836.jpg (80.1 KB, 220 views)
IMG_0837.jpg (72.9 KB, 218 views)
Old October 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Hey, Jerr - I sent these 5 to the misspelled address, only because I like things that are different...

Here is at Lake Lavon last year, when there was water in it. This section has dried up now...

Here is a couple good Texas shots I got in Trinidad, TX yesterday.
Note the operating farm tractor in the distance...

I hoped to get some pics next to Cedar Creek Lake, but when I got there, there was not enough water to make good pictures. It is 5' low now...

Engine bay is photogenic, now...

THANK YOU Jerr for all of your effort to make these calendars happen.
Looks like there are MANY good ones to choose from based on what is in this thread so far!!

Guys, if you really really want a shot at getting your car in his calendar you need to do what he says. Sunset is the only time to take pics of your car. Turn your wheels so the wheel faces the camera, not the tire tread. If your shadow is in the pic, you are shooting at the wrong time of day.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Guys, if you really really want a shot at getting your car in his calendar you need to do what he says. Sunset is the only time to take pics of your car. Turn your wheels so the wheel faces the camera, not the tire tread. If your shadow is in the pic, you are shooting at the wrong time of day.
I agree the setting sun is the best time for pictures......On the shadow,I can photoshop a decent picture if needed but a true photog trys to limit his use of a photoediter saving himself time and then in turn money on editing!
The crop of pictures this year is the best ever......I will post a few edited ones as time winds down.......

This should hold you over.........

Attached Images
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Hey, can you spare me 2 minutes of time.

Check this out...

http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/581569164waQSwU

These are my favourites, my wife's fav's and a friend who was at the "shoots" with me. If you consider that being 3 entries we are under your limit. There are a couple of cover shots, my fake edits of them and an engine shot. You can download the full size file from this site or I could e mail them.

Adam Rodenhiser
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
1968 Olds Cutlass S Holiday
350 sbo

I am the photo taker as well.

Thanks for the look.....

Adam

Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM

I'm trying to get a nice one. The first pic was taken today at a place about 1 1/2 hours from home. The second pic was taken about 2 hours from home.

P1000657crop1rotatesm.jpg

P1000651sm.jpg

Last edited by Jaybird; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jaybird, that first one is great! Love the background and old pumps. The second one needs the car at a more side angle and a sexy blonde in a cocktail dress standing next to it looking toward the water
Old October 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
Hey, can you spare me 2 minutes of time.

Check this out...

http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/581569164waQSwU

These are my favourites, my wife's fav's and a friend who was at the "shoots" with me. If you consider that being 3 entries we are under your limit. There are a couple of cover shots, my fake edits of them and an engine shot. You can download the full size file from this site or I could e mail them.

Adam Rodenhiser
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
1968 Olds Cutlass S Holiday
350 sbo

I am the photo taker as well.

Thanks for the look.....

Adam

It said I needed to be your friend to save full size pictures,Unless Iam doing something wrong.......The pics look great so youll need to email to me I guess.........

Originally Posted by Jaybird
I'm trying to get a nice one. The first pic was taken today at a place about 1 1/2 hours from home. The second pic was taken about 2 hours from home.

1967 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Custom Holiday Coupe
Jaybird
I wish the sun was out but the top picture is cool!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 08:38 PM

Sunset is the only time to take pics of your car. If your shadow is in the pic, you are shooting at the wrong time of day.
This was sunset. Apparently too much of it...

If I had my good camera with the long zoom, i could have backed up a lot to get my shadow out.
Maybe some careful repositioning of the car could have helped, but not sure.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jaybird, that first one is great! Love the background and old pumps. The second one needs the car at a more side angle and a sexy blonde in a cocktail dress standing next to it looking toward the water
Thanks Allan!
I like the way you think!!! Here's another two pics from today.
BTW I can't pass a gas station, even if it's closed!
P1000640crop1sm.jpg

P1000653sm.jpg

Last edited by Jaybird; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM

Cutlass Joe's 72' 442

CalendarPics007.jpgI have a couple of pics I have submitted. For some reason I am having a hard time uploading them to the site. It keeps telling me the upload failed. Lets see if this works. Nope didn't work. Any ideas on why?

CalendarPics009.jpg

Last edited by cutlassjoe; October 23rd, 2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Got them to work!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassjoe
I have a couple of pics I have submitted. For some reason I am having a hard time uploading them to the site. It keeps telling me the upload failed. Lets see if this works. Nope didn't work. Any ideas on why?
Make sure the files are less than 1.5MB for loading to Classic Olds. If larger, they will fail to upload.
Classic Olds will downsize your pics to 100kb or less, so make sure to Email them to Jerr through email.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

I have a couple of pics I have submitted. For some reason I am having a hard time uploading them to the site. It keeps telling me the upload failed. Lets see if this works. Nope didn't work. Any ideas on why?

If you can upload them to the thread they are more than likely to small for me to use..............EMAIL ME THE PICS.......Dont take the chance that there to small or to low of DPI, forums turn pics into low rez so they load faster even if there 1MB.........lets say the pic looks good enough and it gets choosen, I send the whole works to the printer and he tells me the Blue 442 in front of the church is a no go it wont print good enough,He allready has a back up picture ready to go.....You dont get a second chance for this................EMAIL ME THE PICS! 1mb or bigger,I have recieved up to 7mb pictures,Just send one picture per email to make sure they go thru.........

I REPEAT IF YOU CAN SEE THEM ON THE THREAD 90% OF THE TIME THE PICTURE WILL NOT WORK FOR THIS PROJECT! PLEASE DONT BE DISAPOINTED! EMAIL THE PICS...........ok all that yelling tired me out....football time lol
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

PS If you want to show off a smaller MB picture of your ride that is totally cool!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by BIGJERR
If you can upload them to the thread they are more than likely to small for me to use..............EMAIL ME THE PICS.......Dont take the chance that there to small or to low of DPI, forums turn pics into low rez so they load faster even if there 1MB.........lets say the pic looks good enough and it gets choosen, I send the whole works to the printer and he tells me the Blue 442 in front of the church is a no go it wont print good enough,He allready has a back up picture ready to go.....You dont get a second chance for this................EMAIL ME THE PICS! 1mb or bigger,I have recieved up to 7mb pictures,Just send one picture per email to make sure they go thru.........

I REPEAT IF YOU CAN SEE THEM ON THE THREAD 90% OF THE TIME THE PICTURE WILL NOT WORK FOR THIS PROJECT! PLEASE DONT BE DISAPOINTED! EMAIL THE PICS...........ok all that yelling tired me out....football time lol
Jerr, I did send the original size over to you. I was just trying to post some of them on the site to show what pics I took. Finally got them to work. Thanks

Joe
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM

64' Jetstar 1 for your 2012 Calendar

I emailed some pics that would be a great addition for your 2012 calendar!
Attached Images
EadsJetstar1.1.jpg (81.3 KB, 25 views)
EadsJetstar1Motor.jpg (93.8 KB, 22 views)
EadsJetstar1.5SpecialEffect.jpg (186.2 KB, 31 views)
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Jerr, I did send the original size over to you. I was just trying to post some of them on the site to show what pics I took. Finally got them to work. Thanks

Joe
I relized that so I made that follow up post Iam also eyeing the gal in your avatar.......Got that one full size?

Originally Posted by meads
I emailed some pics that would be a great addition for your 2012 calendar!
Got them working on downloading them now.! Wow had to edit this to nice car!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM

Bottom pics is awesome, top pic is nice too but cars do not drive on grass. Thats the first rule of submitting pics to a magazine, grass shots will get tossed out.

Bottom pic needs to be in the calendar.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:36 PM

I relized that so I made that follow up post Iam also eyeing the gal in your avatar.......Got that one full size?

Yep Here she is Enjoy! Probably the best cruise night all year!
Attached Images
The 442 005.jpg (105.7 KB, 47 views)
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM

Thanks TK. It was taken just a bit after sunrise this morning.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Hey BigJerr, I sent you some email. Let me know if you did not get them. I know your busy so don't waste your time just to say "yes."

Also, any shots you like with YOM front Virginia plate, you do not need to PS it out. It is not a registered plate my name as I am not living there anymore

I'll throw some of the pictures up in small from here for everyone else

I really like the oversized hood ornament in this shot. The picture would only be good with PSing

I have put more in the same online folder. Feel fre to look around if you want. I even have a "drive on grass shot."

....but cars do not drive on grass. Thats the first rule of submitting pics to a magazine, grass shots will get tossed out.
I had never considered that. That is a very interesting fact to know. Thanks. I'll remember that.

Adam

Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Yep Here she is Enjoy! Probably the best cruise night all year!
Full size? Email please! There will be at least ONE gal in the calendar this year!

Bottom pics is awesome, top pic is nice too but cars do not drive on grass. Thats the first rule of submitting pics to a magazine, grass shots will get tossed out.

Bottom pic needs to be in the calendar.
The bottom picture is spectacular! I have been messing with it alot in Pshop trying to get a little more color out of it,Ill post up the results and see what the public thinks............

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
Hey BigJerr, I sent you some email. Let me know if you did not get them. I know your busy so don't waste your time just to say "yes."

Also, any shots you like with YOM front Virginia plate, you do not need to PS it out. It is not a registered plate my name as I am not living there anymore .
got the pictures and there up next for some photoshop magic......

I to hate a car on grass,But sometimes to get a fall background I think its acceptable....The vert on my face book page is a good example.....

Keep them coming gents and ladys!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Can anyone see the pic or is it a red X ?

Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Came through ok
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:06 AM

Wow - fall color FTW!
Old October 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Before and after photoshop........

Old October 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I really liked your pic and was curious to see what a picture editor would do to it. I cropped it and adjusted some hues, contrasts, brightness indexes etc. Now your bright work looks bright and the focal point comes to the car instead of the background. Edit: it would have been better if all the windows were down. That eliminates glare and also gives the car a more streamlined look. It's still an awesome car, this was just a suggestion. Go back and shoot it again....
Attached Images
CalendarPics009.jpg (62.1 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by Allan R; October 24th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:49 PM

first one looks better i think
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by driverchoice
first one looks better i think
I agree. Thanks for the editing Allan. I do think the original is better though. The building in the background is the Ren Cen in Detroit. It's the headquarters for GM. I drive by there everyday on my way to work in Detroit. I drove the Olds to work every other week or so to get gas because it's so expensive in Canada. I drove through the driveway in the front of the building one day and spoke to a few of the older execs. They all really like the car and we talked about how sad it was that they dropped Olds from the lineup.
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

No problem. I know your car is green even though it looks black in the pic, and I was just trying to make the grills and front bumper brighter. No criticism at all of your photo. I would not mind if you sent me your car to shoot out here though. Promise, I'd have it back to you in about a year or so.

BTW, what was the gas price in Detroit? Out here we're fluctuating between 108 - 110/litre. (that would be $4.04 - $4.16 per US gallon) You guys are paying around $4.60 per US gallon. Last time I checked gas buddy, the Detroit prices were $3.20-$3.60 per US gallon. No wonder you drive down there to save $$$.

Funny about how Albertas dirty oil doesn't make a rats a$$ bit of difference when it comes to paying less at the pump. I guess that's a sore spot with us out here, so I better just drop it.

I sincerely hope your car makes it to the 2012 Calendar. It looks spectacular!!!
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
No problem. I know your car is green even though it looks black in the pic, and I was just trying to make the grills and front bumper brighter. No criticism at all of your photo. I would not mind if you sent me your car to shoot out here though. Promise, I'd have it back to you in about a year or so.

BTW, what was the gas price in Detroit? Out here we're fluctuating between 108 - 110/litre. (that would be $4.04 - $4.16 per US gallon) You guys are paying around $4.60 per US gallon. Last time I checked gas buddy, the Detroit prices were $3.20-$3.60 per US gallon. No wonder you drive down there to save $$$.

Funny about how Albertas dirty oil doesn't make a rats a$$ bit of difference when it comes to paying less at the pump. I guess that's a sore spot with us out here, so I better just drop it.

I sincerely hope your car makes it to the 2012 Calendar. It looks spectacular!!!
No worries at all. I appreciate the help and advice. The gas is much cheaper in Metro Detroit. I work over there so I rotate between my cars and my wifes jeep to fill them up. One of the grocery stores has a saver card program. I save about 10-15 cents a gallon so I was getting for about $3.10 a gallon for regular. The Olds runs on Sunoco 94 only. That's a little bit more but she likes it.

I would trade you cars for a year....I like the silver with the black top. Have a good one!

Joe
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

I have several revamps of Joes pic that are really cool,I need to hold off to see if its going to make it in the calendar ........Once things settle down Ill post up some and send the revamps back to you Joe.....I think you be pleasantly surprised what can be done to a picture.........
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Me Too! Me Too!

Hey BIGJERR: My car wants to be in the calendar too! Can you give it a little photoshop love as well?

Or...

How about my parts car?

P1000609sm.jpg

Last edited by Jaybird; October 25th, 2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old October 25th, 2011, 04:16 AM

I have several revamps of Joes pic that are really cool,I need to hold off to see if its going to make it in the calendar ........Once things settle down Ill post up some and send the revamps back to you Joe.....I think you be pleasantly surprised what can be done to a picture.........
Thanks Jerr. I hope it makes it. Can't wait to see what you've done to it. There are a lot of good pics out there. Did you get the one of the cutie I sent over?
Old October 25th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Hey JERR, glad you got the pics...what did you mean "Wow had to edit this to nice car!?

Mark
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Originally Posted by meads
Hey JERR, glad you got the pics...what did you mean "Wow had to edit this to nice car!?

Mark
I saw more pictures and was typing while they were downloading and bingo there she was and I liked the pic

Quick Reply: Pictures needed for the 2012 all oldsmobile car calendar!