General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

oldsmoble Sale?

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Yup, before i couldn't spell engineer, now i r 1. Hey what was this thread about?????
Old March 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I can look past bad spelling,because I have trouble spelling sometimes.
And the sad thing,I am computer illiterate enough,I don't even know how to use a spell check or where it's located. Anyone feel like schooling me?

What really bothers me enough to just leave and forget about a thread is when someone crams 35 sentences into the same paragraph.
Another pet peeve is when they don't use periods between sentences.

Old March 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
... I am computer illiterate enough,I don't even know how to use a spell check or where it's located. Anyone feel like schooling me?
I hate to say this, but on my home (Mac) and work (HP PC) computers, whenever I misspell a word, a red line appears under it. I don't have to do anything - it just happens. If I don't know how to spell it correctly, I just "Control"-Click over it (Mac) or "Right Click" over it (PC), and a list of words I might have intended pops up.

I believe that all of the popular browsers now have this feature - Opera, FireFox, Safari, and Chrome. Well, all of them except Explorer...

- Eric
Old March 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM

[quote=71 Cutlass;261702]
Originally Posted by svnt442
Sorry but I have to do this....
Spelling and grammar go a long way to getting your questions answered.quote]

Actually not true..check this out:

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Is it wrong that I didn't figure out what was wrong with it, untill it said it? That is so freakin cool
Old March 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Thanks for the info. I just realized using Firefox if you spell a word wrong it gets underlined in red.
Now maybe I won't have to reach for my dictionary as much.

Originally Posted by MDchanic
I hate to say this, but on my home (Mac) and work (HP PC) computers, whenever I misspell a word, a red line appears under it. I don't have to do anything - it just happens. If I don't know how to spell it correctly, I just "Control"-Click over it (Mac) or "Right Click" over it (PC), and a list of words I might have intended pops up.

I believe that all of the popular browsers now have this feature - Opera, FireFox, Safari, and Chrome. Well, all of them except Explorer...

- Eric
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
Thanks for the info. I just realized using Firefox if you spell a word wrong it gets underlined in red.
Yeah, it's actually pretty cool.

- Eric
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by michael hilsabeck
How can you guys sell your cars for so little money? I have been putting a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible together and i have alot of money in it. If I Sell it I probabiy wont make my money back. I probably make more salling parts. .I love my car but I love my money to. I am not selling my car I am just asking.
Nice car Michael!! Most of the guys that take a hit like that either need the money real bad or have plenty of money and don't care weather they lose some to get something else, i have known both types.

Me personally, I bought exactly what i wanted and don't plan on selling it so it doesn't matter how much i got into it or what it's worth. I have a 7yo son that likes to help dad work on the 442, enjoys going to car shows/cruise nights and will some day own the car.

If you enjoy your convert. and don't plan on selling it, then don't worry what you have in the thing and just have some fun with it.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM

This site needs a disclaimer

WARNING you may run into retired school teachers who forgot they were on a car enthusiast site, or some jerks and/or ***** heads who will judge you based on your personal preference. Nobody's perfect and we are all here to share knowledge and enjoy our passion for these beautiful cars. I cant imagine the number of people who read a couple post see how some guys act on here and don't want to participate just because they fear getting ridiculed. This site is for car guys/girls not English teachers. Go find some child to tutor or something
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM

My message was not to offend but really to let everyone know there is a better way to educate than blast. Send a pm or something. Don't blast the guy on his thread. I see this way to often.
Old March 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM
One of None W-31

Originally Posted by GreazyAnt
Nobody's perfect and we are all here to share knowledge.
Undeniable point.
Old March 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by GreazyAnt
Nobody's perfect and we are all here to share knowledge and enjoy our passion for these beautiful cars.
True, but as the sharing in this case is through the medium of printed English, it is much more effective when we all take the time to type clearly.

- Eric
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
One of None W-31

Originally Posted by MDchanic
True, but as the sharing in this case is through the medium of printed English, it is much more effective when we all take the time to type clearly.

- Eric

Also true...but I'm sure Michael was trying his best and that's OK with me.

Last edited by 71 Cutlass; March 20th, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by 71 Cutlass
... I'm sure Michael was trying his best...
I would never be critical of anyone who is making an effort, such as our overseas friends (bloody Aussies... ), but when I read posts with no punctuation or capitalization, I cannot help but think that the poster just didn't care.

- Eric

edit: on review of this thread, I see that the OP here is not guilty of egregious capitalization or punctuation errors, so I feel I should make clear that I am not criticizing him specifically here, but venting on a pet peeve in a general sense.

Last edited by MDchanic; March 20th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.