General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobile Performance Club...Wild About Cars website.

Old June 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Trying to remember member

Oldsmobile Performance Club...Wild About Cars website.

Time to bring this up again! The answers to *many* of the questions on this forum can be answered at the Wild About cars website. What to download an assembly manual? A Chassis Service Manual? A showroom brochure?
If you haven't checked it out, you're missing out!

The old Oldsmobile Performance Chapter is back! Now the Oldsmobile Performance Club, it is not starting as an OCA chapter, but may become one eventually.

It is being organized and run by some of the original players, so it should be quite interesting. Using modern technology to “bring it to us”, I think it could be a very viable group with a lot to offer. The club “resides” within a wide reaching automotive website “Wild About Cars”. http://wildaboutcars.com

Membership to WAC is free. Membership to OPC is $9.95/year which will include a monthly newsletter. Attached is the very first one. You must join the free WAC to access the OPC. I’m finding a lot of downloadable info there, tech literature, and even magazine articles. This whole thing (WAC and OPC) is just getting started, so there is a lot of potential there. They are using the internet to its advantage, and it should be interesting to see where it goes. Even club meetings are being setup to be conducted via internet and phone!

Of course *I'm* happy, because if you haven’t peeked yet, the first feature article in this first newsletter is on the Jetstar 1! When I first was in contact with Bob Gerometta about the club, he took quite an interest in the Jetstar 1, said he would want to do an article on it. Then he said it would be in the first issue. Then they added it as the new feature article on the WAC site too!

Whether you decide to join the OPC or not, you can still sign up and use the WAC web site. Check it out!
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM

I'm there! I'll take a look around, thanks.
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM

I looked about a bit, seems interesting.