General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oh classicoldsmobile gods guide me

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM

Oh classicoldsmobile gods guide me

So this fell into my lap for a song. 73 delta 88 royal covertable I was gonna pull the engine and trans for my cutlass. What else should I do - cannibalize? Has some cancer. Any other parts compatible with a cutlass. I forgot to look at the rear end. I'm in hawaii. Any delta guys out there?

Old March 15th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Lansing built

I recognized those photos! Where on Maui are you? My favorite vacation spot. If you going to use the drive train. You might save the rest of the pieces that can ship with out to much trouble.

Aloha

Pat
Old March 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM

My guess is nobody is re making that top so if nobody needs one now somebody will be.
Railguy
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1970cs
I recognized those photos! Where on Maui are you? My favorite vacation spot. If you going to use the drive train. You might save the rest of the pieces that can ship with out to much trouble.

Aloha

Pat
I'm in Pukalani. I'm a little nervous the pangoras box im about to open. I just want the engine and trans. And then want it out of my yard! Ive been waiting for a 455 to drop out of the sky. Sad part is I just passed up some c heads that would have been perfect you get out here much?
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:16 PM
same but different

How bad is it? Would it take much to get it in safe driving condition?

Why not enjoy the car for awhile as meant to be?

I just picture cruising in paradise...in a convertable. But I'm silly like that.
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by don71
How bad is it? Would it take much to get it in safe driving condition?

Why not enjoy the car for awhile as meant to be?

I just picture cruising in paradise...in a convertable. But I'm silly like that.
It's totally doable. Needs driver floor
Pan quarter panels need some help. Really has no dents. It's just to much work for me. I already have 72 cutlass and want to upgrade my engine. If I had a big back yard to put it it would be a different story. Im still working details out with the guy. Title missing. And this state charges back taxes on the car if the plates were not in storage
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:35 PM
same but different

Ah, I understand.

Sounds like a good donor.

If I had this car..I would concentrate on the small things to part out and sell, considering your location.

Small trim, bulbs,lens, option equipment like power window/seat switchs, things like that.
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by asscutl
I'm in Pukalani. I'm a little nervous the pangoras box im about to open. I just want the engine and trans. And then want it out of my yard! Ive been waiting for a 455 to drop out of the sky. Sad part is I just passed up some c heads that would have been perfect you get out here much?
Please save what you can! Anything specific to that car.

We plan on going in "17" The wife wants to bring the kids next time which brings the budget up by 50% with food, excursions and plane ride! Due to commission sales November-February, are the slow times and also school time as well. To complicate the issue one kid is in Jersey and the other is with us.

My dad went to Hawaii twice while I was school age. I stayed at home. And he worked for Oldsmobile and could afford to take me along!

So your in Pukalani, I guess that sorta what they consider "upcountry" and I believed we stopped at one of the Mcdonald's in your town on the way back from the sunrise on top of Haleakala. The wife made the mistake of ordering the "local breakfast" I ended up eating it which was not that bad, I think the spam was the deal breaker for her.

Pat