General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

OAI questions and other? ? with pics requested

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM

OAI questions and other? ? with pics requested

Ok yes I have used the search and not.getting the answer looking for. I'm looking at installing a OAI but need answers/pics. First off my car is an auto and I plan on running 2 breathers to the base or should one be a pcv? Also where are you guys getting the air.cleaner temp sensor? The parts store.out here don't seem to carry them. Where do those brackets go that I see with the springs? I see the spring attaches to flapper assm but then where on bottom? Is.the foam seal glued to the flapper? Weather stripp adhesive? My car has manifold without the housing for hot air duct to go to air cleaner. Is it best just to leave the air cleaner with out the duct or just run a duct down to the manifolds though not connect to anything. Also need pics of where windshield squirters attach to.hood as I have to drill holes for them. Detailed pics of the OAI installed would be great!

Thanks
Magna

Last edited by Magna86; May 13th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You mean these: http://www.instantfinder.com/ad-AIR-...1-123028-.html This is designed to work with the hot air shroud and stove pipe coming to the bottom of the air snorkel. If you eliminate this function, you need to plug the manifold vacuum line behind the carb or you will just have an imbalanced vacuum problem.

re: OAI hood. What info do you need about the hood? There are 3 or 4 good threads I can think of without looking. It's a well discussed topic on this site. Maybe you're looking for something specific?

Here is an exploded diagram of the breather assembly for OAI. http://gawain.membrane.com/~thornton/images/OAIassy.jpg

washer squirters are attached as per page 11-171 of this link. You should not have to drill any holes; they are there already. Just need to attach them. http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/membe...11__Part-2.pdf
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM

I have the hood already just going to make it functional and why I have to drill holes for squirters. My? are directed towards the oai air.cleaner assembly itself. The ASM isn't very good with details.
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Anyone?
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Might have to give them time to see and reply - today's a special day for Mom's, remember? I'll PM a friend who has one and ask him if he can help, ok?