General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Nearing the End

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Nearing the End

This could be the last weekend run for the Cutlass, too bad because it really is a great time of year for driving our cars around here. The streets are clean, there is absolutely nothing falling from trees and the air is cool and dense. Engine runs its smoothest and very strong. Any day the snow could fly and ruin it so tommorrow it will get one last wash (only the 2nd soaking wash this year) a full tank of gas with mystery oil and Stabil and a meticulous cleaning. Though if the weather holds out I'll take it out again next weekend too.
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM
same but different

I've put mine away allready, though no excuse. I've missed several good days to make it the "last" cruise.

You make a good point, the heater in my olds works very good.
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Funny thing with my 64 88, when I give it the chemical fuel bath ( high octane, mystery oil and stabil) and give it a fast lap down the higway it never runs better!! In cold Minneapolis
it went from 50's and 60's to heavy snow in a matter of one week. It is 11 deg. now and ole Rosie is dormant until march..BUMMER!
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM

I ended up giving her a sponge bath (a ****** bath), it stayed pretty clean this fall. I went for a 25 mile ride then pulled her into the garage and covered it. The tank is full with mystery oil, she is perfectly clean and beautiful. Once it looks like I won't drive it again this year I'll disconnect the battery and add the stabil. The cold weather is here but as long as it doesn't snow I may still get a couple more cruises in. Late March is usually when I taker her out again.
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM

We will probabaly get Big Red out over the Christmas Holidays, put the top down, and drive around and check out the Christmas lights around here. Could be 60, could be 25, never know. We try and do it every year. Except for last February 11th (13 inches!!!!!) we hardly ever get snow, and when it does, stay home away from the crazies who don't know how to drive in it! I have heard, and I am using, the new Blue Stabil. A lot of sites are saying it does all the original does, plus keeps the 10% junk from messing up the rubber/gaskets/etc. on our Oldsmobile's. Hope all have a wonderful Christmas, happy holidays and a great New Year!
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:36 AM

In the past I was able to drive my 71 Caddy Coupe up to about New Years during a couple winters which were very cold but remained almost snow free, sometimes strange weather patterns would warm up the air and give us rain instead of snow, no such luck for the past several years. The Cutlass has always been put away before Christmas, Merry Christmas.