General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

My Valentines Day :D

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2014, 07:17 PM

My Valentines Day :D

Hey, all!

Today I convinced Dad to let me take my Valentine out on a date... to the gas station, and then the garage.

The goal today was to diagnose an ever-present brake pulsation, fix my parking lights/license plate lights (so the police don't want me more), and try to install the B&M ratchet shifter I received as a gift!

All the lights are now functioning. I also found the reason why my left rear wasn't... it was frozen. LOL (pic attached). We machined the brakes and tried installing the shifter, but unfortunately, I need to find a cable that will fit the transmission AND the shifter. Looks like I'm taking a trip to Summit! I've decided to just build my own center console for the car. I don't like the way the Olds one takes up so much room, plus mine is falling apart more and more every day. I was going to find a GTO console because my Dad has one in his Cutlass, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. My Uncle built one for his Le Mans, so I'm sure I could get some help!

By the way, if any of you use Instagram, I'd suggest checking this guy out. Most of the posts are his own photography, and his other account is all his as well! He's a great guy, and his "crew" is who I follow on there; they run some great pages. He takes submissions!
http://instagram.com/p/ka2bxZvECK/

Just wanted to share my Valentines Day with everyone. Thanks for reading, and Happy V Day to you all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140214_174602.jpg (56.5 KB, 59 views)
PhotoGrid_1392433235248.jpg (86.0 KB, 55 views)
PhotoGrid_1392433131463.jpg (74.6 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Keegan; February 14th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old February 15th, 2014, 05:30 AM

Glad you had a great v day, I like the car, I even like the color back in the day as they say my brother and I called that competition orange , I guess the nice thing about having a car for a valentine is after enouge tweaking and massaging she eventually starts and warms up for you

I can sympathize with the ice, if it snows again I,all have to bring the snow inside no room outside lol speed on brutha
Old February 15th, 2014, 01:38 PM

Thank You! I really like the color as well. It sticks out...lol.