General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Mrs. Oldspackrat asks a small favor at the Homecoming show.

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2016, 08:24 PM

Mrs. Oldspackrat asks a small favor at the Homecoming show.

Hi All! I have not been here in ages because i know I am out of my league on knowledge. Also, the factors of 5 kids, going back to school and trying to talk Oldspackrat into getting my '72 U-code closer to home so he can teach and guide me to get it up and running. I cannot wait to start that process!

My main reason is to ask a favor of all who are going to homecoming. Spencer, Scott's grandfather will turn 85 this weekend at the Oldsmobile Homecoming. We asked him to come to the show with us to enjoy the people & the cars & to get him out of the house a bit. He will be there with us in our swap meet space, Cutlass Depot, so please stop by and wish him a Happy Birthday! This guy is so super special he stepped up to the plate to raise a grandchild that biologically was not his (you would never know it). Spencer married Scott's Grandma in 1968 before Scott was even born. We lost Sadie (Scott's Grandma) on September 3, 2015 to cancer. It has been a rough season for Spencer losing his best friend & being alone in the house now with not much reason to get up & get going each day. His health is pretty good but you can tell he is starting to wind down. Spencer is a heck of a nice guy and we are super excited for him to be able to make the Homecoming show with us. Especially, since this is the guy that helped Scott own his first Oldsmobile

He is about 6 ft. tall, bald & wears glasses & he is EXTREMELY hard of hearing so if you do stop by to say hi, please speak loudly. Here is a picture from several years ago.
Thank you in advance from Mrs Packrat!!
Old June 11th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Senior Moment Member

He's all of our Fathers. Great that you respect and love him. I won't be attending but send him my best wishes all the same.
Old June 12th, 2016, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by z11375ss
He's all of our Fathers. Great that you respect and love him. I won't be attending but send him my best wishes all the same.
I could not have said it better. Please give him my best wishes. I wish i was able to attend so i could shake the hand of a very good man.Neeley
Old June 12th, 2016, 06:34 AM

Sorry I'm not going to the Homecoming or I would come by and wish him a very Happy Birthday. If ya'll bring him to the Olds Nats,I'll buy his dinner. Tell him I said Happy Birthday.
Old June 12th, 2016, 05:09 PM

I will be there and I will come and see you and Scott and Spencer. You guys are the greatest.
Old June 12th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Hookers under Hood

My wife and I would like to send our best wishes. Memories are made from times like that, wish him a Happy Birthday for us from the other side of the pond!!

Eric & Christine
Old June 12th, 2016, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll be sure to pass them along to my Grandfather. My wife is way more thoughtful & caring about these kind of things than I am but I am glad she thought of this. I am definitely a lucky man in so many ways.
Old June 13th, 2016, 10:00 AM

I will be there and will be sure to stop by. All the best

Randy
Old June 19th, 2016, 06:55 AM

Just wanted to thank those of you that did stop by & say hi to my grandfather. I'd guess there were about 10-15 of you that did & it really meant a lot to Spencer, Kari & me. He really enjoyed all the cars, parts, & talking with all the great people.
Thanks again!
Old June 21st, 2016, 05:44 PM

It was a privilege to chat with Spencer and you two.
Old June 21st, 2016, 05:54 PM
Hookers under Hood

Good to hear your Grandad had a nice day surrounded by loved ones and cars. You are fortunate to have a wonderful wife that is caring in many ways. I'm also very fortunate to have an awesome wife, I know what you mean.
Cheers'
Eric
Old August 10th, 2016, 09:27 PM

Hey all! With the passing of Chris Witt, it reminds me of the urgency to say thank you to all of you. Thanks to all, including Mr. Chris Witt for wishing Spencer a Happy Birthday. I realize we all have family and loved ones we hold dear. I know we are not an exception. However, I do feel after attending several Oldsmobile Homecomings and Nationals that many of you Oldsmobile enthusiast are unique in your intelligence of these Oldsmobile automobiles. My heart goes out to Mr. Chris Witt's family and friends. A unique and intelligent person.