General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Metro seals

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Captain of my ship

Metro seals

So I have been talking to Metro seals about the convertible top seals that I got for my car. The differances between the rear seal and middle seal is quite large and had a different # on it so I thought originally I had gotten some wrong seals. They told me that those were the correct seals and they were going to send me another set to compare the fit , but when it got sent to the production manager along with the pictures I sent them of the fit on my car they decided that all of them were the same and they were going to make changes to their production line to try to alter the fit from the middle seal to the rear seal. They promised that they would send me a set of the newer version once this was done.
I guess that it pays off to alert some companies if you find a problem even if the original company I got them from was Fusick's and they told me that I could do nothing about it because these were original parts and quantities were limited to make up these convertible top seals. Well Metro actually makes them and when I found that out I thought they should know that the fit was not good. here is the picture of the way the rear seal matches up with the middle seal. Both seals are securely screwed to the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
002.jpg (53.2 KB, 18 views)
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Wolfie!! Well that just sucks, now doesn't it? It's nice that Metro is going to help you out. I think it's good to let a company know if there is a problem with something. A lot of them appreciate the feedback.

I sure hope the roof rail weatherstrip I just ordered from Fusicks is going to be correct and fit like it should.

So are you getting ready for your surgery? Is it still on schedule for the 22nd????
Old April 16th, 2010, 02:39 AM

You should have sent your whole car as a test bed for fitment and when they finally get it right they will ship it back to you all nicely done plus a cheque for the use of your vehicle...
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Registered

I got a set of seals that were wrong. I had to keep them in the bathtub and until I could return them.
All they wanted to do was blow the horn on my kids bike and play with the dogs ball. I was going to hit a few out to them but they freaked when they saw the baseball bat.
The weren't metro seals, going by their accents I think they were from a more rural area.
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:16 AM

I hate it when they splash water all over the floor Mop mop mop
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Captain of my ship

yep the urgery is still set for the 22nd. Though they could do what they did to me last time and cancel last minute if something more urgent comes up.