General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Maggie

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2013 | 07:19 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Maggie

Today has been a very difficult day for the Hargrove household. We had to put our precious dog Maggie down this morning. She had an inoperable tumor in her bladder that had completely blocked it. It came on very quickly, literally overnight. It has been one of the most difficult things I have gone through in a very long time. I rescued Maggie and brought her home eight years ago tomorrow. She was about a year old at the time. Maggie was that one dog you have in a lifetime. She was the prettiest, sweetest and smartest dog I have ever known. She had perfect manners and loved the kids. We were very fortunate to have had her but it just was not long enough. The vet said he sees about 2 of these cases a year and it is only in female dogs. There is a big void in our home tonight. It will take some time to heal from this and then we begin to dwell on all the great memories we have. We have all shed many tears over the last two days. This was a lot harder than I expected it to be and it came many years sooner than it was supposed to. I believe the Good Lord has a place in heaven for dogs because they bring so much pleasure to our lives. Maggie is there tonight.

Glenn D. Hargrove
Old March 21st, 2013 | 07:47 PM
Auto Enthusiast

Maggie

I really feel for you and your family Glenn. Pets are truly a part of our families. It sounds like Maggie found herself the best home a dog can find and her life was very blessed. The quality of life is what's important, not the quantity. I think you can allow yourself to feel good about being the angel that allowed Maggie to live such a wonderful life. You did a great thing for her and trust me, she knew it.
Old March 21st, 2013 | 07:59 PM
Administrator

So sorry, I know that words cannot express your sorrow. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Old March 21st, 2013 | 09:07 PM

My condolences , I can feel your pain, I lost my Maggie about six months ago and still catch myself expecting her to come to the door to greet me. So sorry for your loss ....Tedd
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 08:17 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks guys. Tedd, I remember your posting when you lost your Maggie. Maggie went out with me every morning to get the paper. She was really sick yesterday and when I got back and opened the door, she was standing there. I let her out and she came out and tried to pee like she did every morning but of course she could not. This morning was the first morning without her. There will be a hole in my heart for a long time.

I have added a few pictures.

Last edited by redoldsman; September 14th, 2024 at 04:23 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 08:44 AM

I can say I know exactly how you feel. I lost the rescue dog I had for 8 years just last month. He was my once in a lifetime dog too.
He passed away in my lap from heart issues. It will get easier dealing with the void in the house. But I have to admit, I just found one of his toys behind a chair this morning and it really hit me.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 09:59 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss, believe it or not our first dog (I was 4 when we first got her) I am 58 now was a boxer and her name was Maggie also. They are such great dogs.

Peace.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 10:29 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Sorry for your loss. It is hard everytime you have a pet. My rescue dog right now is 10 a lab/husky mix. He is doing well after surgury to repair a ACL last year but you never know.

Larry
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 01:56 PM

She'll be waiting for you on a sunny hillside when you next meet. At least I like to think that about my lost furry friends I have had thru the years.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 02:47 PM

We lost our Maggie this Valentine's Day after 14 years. Very sad. We know what you're feeling. We are blessed to have pets in our lives that mean so much to us. As time passes, the pain becomes less but the joy that Maggie brought to our lives will always be a cherished memory.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 03:12 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Glenn,
Sorry to read about your Families loss.

Walter
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 04:33 PM

Hey Glenn,
As all the others have said, VERY SORRY for your loss... there is nothing like losing a good dog! (Your story got this Combat Vet all choked up!!) Sorry it was so sudden and all; guess the saving grace is Maggie didn't suffer for a long time and you didn't have to her suffering a long time. Tough deal -- it is heart-warming to know how many DOG People we have on here; these are some stories! May All Dogs Go To Heaven and our thoughts are with you Glenn! (Is Maggie's picture on here somewhere?!) THANKS for your Service too!
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 05:00 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks. I just added some pictures above.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 05:05 PM

You Bet Glenn! what a FUN-Loving looking Dog! again, so SORRY for you loss! TOUGH Deal! Thanks for posting her pics!
Originally Posted by redoldsman
Thanks. I just added some pictures above.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 05:44 PM
morgan

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet family member
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 06:36 PM

She's a pretty girl. I am sorry for your loss.
Old March 22nd, 2013 | 07:31 PM

Sorry for your loss. When you have a pet for that long especially one that's so personable, it really is like losing a member of your family.

John