General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Lock sets

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Lock sets

I have a 67 CS that I have replaced the console and glove box door so my keys don't fit those locks. Are there any lock sets that will cover ignition, doors(2), trunk, console and glove box with just 2 keys? I find keys for 3 of the 5 but not all five. My current keys are the late style but if the early style is correct for my car I'd like to change that when I change out all the locks. It seems locks are available for console and glove box but has their own keys. Point me in the right direction. Thanks...
Old March 6th, 2021, 12:37 PM

Dont know of anybody who sells a complete set, but you can pull the glovebox and console locks and have a Locksmith re-key them to match which ever lock you want.
Old March 6th, 2021, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but what I sort of expected.
Old March 6th, 2021, 11:23 PM

I got a set of glove box keys with lock clynder and this card from fusicks. I am going to check this website to see if they can send other locks with same key.
Old March 7th, 2021, 06:36 PM

If the old keys fit the old locks, then why not put the old locks into the new doors?
Old March 8th, 2021, 05:34 AM

The console and glove box are not original to the car so none of my keys work with the locks installed. The ignition lock is worn. I felt that if I could replace all the locks at once I would.
Old March 8th, 2021, 05:50 AM

I went thru this last year. The ignition lock cylinder on my car was worn out (you had to play with it occasionally to get it to turn or release the key) so I replaced it and made nee spare copies. When I handed a spare key to my dad and told him to throw away his spare, he reminded me that now the new ignition key won’t fit the doors. On the 69 cars, the trunk/console/glove box lock is different than the door/ignition key. So, it was either have 3 keys to one car, or get something keyed to match. Of course, locksmiths today are not the locksmiths of 30 years ago.

A member on this forum keyed the doors/glove box and trunk to fit one key. He didn’t charge much, and was very fast in the turnaround.

Unless you have a local old timer locksmith, or buy a matching set of locks, that’s probably your best bet.
Old March 8th, 2021, 11:16 AM

I can rekey old school locks all day long. If your keys go into lock I can rekey cylinder to match your key. If it wont go in cylinder get a new cylinder der that it can. Allot of new locks have universal keys and any key fits. The original stuff is key specific. My lick shop is in Phx Az and willing to help.