General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Littelfuse horn relay/terminal 65 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
JoJoJr

Littelfuse horn relay/terminal 65 Cutlass

WANTED and if not available.. Help wanted! Is there an alternate part number for a horn relay that works and how do you hook it up if there is?

Does anyone know what other models Oldsmobile used this set up on if any?

Thank You!
65cutlass.jpg
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
I may have and extra laying around.
I will check when I get home this afternoon.
Do you want original equiptment?
I believe Standard Products offers a similar product.
Ron
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Oldsdruid

Olds 59-67 all and some 68, Pontiac same, Buick 59-68 all. Some of the ones for Buick have an extra 12v post outboard of the horn section.

It fits GTO so you know what you're up against for a Delco-Remy. All of the better aftermarket suppliers made them too- Littelfuse, Standard, Sorenson, Filko and Echlin. And they made them for Western Auto and other private labels.
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:24 PM
JoJoJr

I didn't need it to be operational to get an Inspection Sticker

I thought it was urgent but I was wrong and the car passed inspection with flying colors, so I do want to hold out for one like mine or a factory original or NOS if possible. The one on it is a LittelFuse and it all appears to be one piece and made onto the terminal block assembly, but I suppose the guts in that box could be swapped out? It's just a small electromagnet contact switch.

The car is pretty much stock but with what appears to be a 67 330 and not the 65. Carb is a 67 W-30, but wiring harness wise, drive train, brakes, wheels, bias tires etc. Totally stock from the Air Cleaner Tin to the anti freeze water bottle., I think?? Hope! So stock appearance is important to me even though it's a driver/project.

TOPDOWN.jpg
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
2 '66 98's

Those relays appear on ebay quite frequently and are rather pricey. Just enter "relay" under auto parts and you will probably see at least one.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM
JoJoJr

Thanks for the Ebay advice.. I'm there daily doing searches

I keep looking and hoping but so far no luck on this one item.

New wheels and tires installed today. I'm storing the G 78s and the wire hubcaps.

LukesNewWheels-1.jpg
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by JustJordy
I keep looking and hoping but so far no luck on this one item.

New wheels and tires installed today. I'm storing the G 78s and the wire hubcaps.

Looking good..........
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:16 AM

Air cleaner is not original. Looks to be a 442 piece. Yours should be red/orange.

As for the horn relay, NOS is all you can hope for if you want original style. Just so you know the 65 unit was shorter in height than the 66-67.
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:44 AM
JoJoJr

Originally Posted by TK-65
Air cleaner is not original. Looks to be a 442 piece. Yours should be red/orange.

As for the horn relay, NOS is all you can hope for if you want original style. Just so you know the 65 unit was shorter in height than the 66-67.
I think I've found one through a link at the bottom of the page on Fusick referring NOS or used part seekers to a few classic GM parts yards. Ed has a buddy that is parting out a 65 2 DR HARDTOP CUTLASS right now, and it's still on the fender, and he's checking for a cigarette lighter with the matching **** for 65 among other things while I make a list. I felt $75 was more than fair considering how rare this is, so I've nailed that one! I could tell by a photo submitted in another thread that the 67 was taller (or at least it appeared to be in the photo).. and with a thicker base too, and the cover that would keep me from arching my dipstick to the positive nut in the dark! I'll include his photo.

DSC03663crop.jpg

Oh, and as for the air cleaner and engine including heads, block and carb.. it's a 67 330 engine and I felt surely that wasn't the correct air cleaner because I've seen them on correct cars.

Last edited by JustJordy; November 9th, 2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention Air Cleaner