General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Lets have fun with my car.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM

Lets have fun with my car.

Everyone is invited! I'm preparing a '65 Ninety Eight convertible to get attention. So far I've decided on a flattened paint rather than gloss, The interior will be redone in red, but the more I think about it the more I'd like to see a theme develop. I have to face it, even cherry '65 Ninety Eights aren't bringing big money, but man, what an engine and what a comfortable ship to prow the open lanes ahead. I'd go with nautical, aircraft, (B29 comes to mind) stone look...who knows? I invite all to have a little fun with my car and I'll consider every idea. So far I have (and will not change) freshly re-chromes bumpers, Cragers, a straight, 99% rust free body and I will be using a black top as I plan on driving this car. What I don't want is psychedelic, polka dots, murals per se, but I'm excited to hear back from anyone interested. Whatever big show we can all attend I'll be sure to drive the Ninety Eight to it. I also hope this offer makes a bunch of us friends. And yeah, I suppose if the idea was too good to pass, I would consider shiny paint. I'm eager to hear from you! Thanks ~ Steve
rockhouse49@hotmail.com

Last edited by steve e summer; October 2nd, 2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar
Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Paint it the same grey as Navy ships. You can even put numbers or the name of the ship on the side. Could even paint the hood of the thing to look like an aircraft carrier runway if thats not too cheesy!!! LOL
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM

With those long lines maybe a two tone color