General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Legendary

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2015 | 05:40 PM

Legendary

In January I bought $1500. dollars worth of new interior for my 67 442. Its still in boxes, but i did get it all out and check it, and it looks great. Cant wait to get to that point. It seems excellent quality. They told me approximately 6 weeks and it was really close to what they said when i recieved it. But early February I ordered floor mats, also for the same car, I was told approx. 6 weeks for those too. They did arrive on time, but they sent me 68 442 W30 mats, that was the logo on the mat. They were gorgeous mats but not what i ordered, so I sent them back 6 weeks ago. Every email and phone call i had with them I wrote "1967 Oldsmobile 442", I told them many times, everytime. They appologized and i said no problem, mistakes happen. Again 6 more weeks, arrived yesterday. This time i got beautiful 1967 GTO MATS! LOL..... here we go again. I sent an email which wont get read until Tuesday im sure. Their probably closed for the holiday. Ill call them also on Tuesday. Does no one pay attention any more? UGGGGG
Old May 24th, 2015 | 07:27 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Why would anybody buy W-30 floormats? I bet you'd lose a lot of points for those at a show.
Old May 24th, 2015 | 07:39 PM

Not sure but they said in big letters and numbers 442 W30. They were nice.
Old May 24th, 2015 | 08:08 PM

I have had some trouble like this also on seat backs and rear package tray. I placed my order in late November. maybe they just had a bad spell for a while. I have never heard of troubles from them in the past.
Old May 25th, 2015 | 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by steverw
They told me approximately 6 weeks
I was told approx. 6 weeks
so I sent them back 6 weeks ago
Again 6 more weeks
It seems that Legendary is becoming legendary for more than seat covers.
Old June 5th, 2015 | 08:32 PM

Ok so i sent the 67 GTO mats back 5/28. Today I get an email from them stating, "Steve I know you want to exchange the mats you sent back for 67 442 floor mats, could you be more specific"?????????? How the hell can i be more specific? Black? their all black... Uhhh rubber ones? Their all rubber I think, at least the ones I ordered are, and both sets they sent me were. This is really begining to irritate me, Im about to just ask for a refund and find other mats. I guess being for an Olds you could say its Rocket Science, but really making 442 mats for a 67 cannot be Rocket Science!
Old June 5th, 2015 | 08:59 PM

and they charged u a restocl fee too didn't thry
Old June 7th, 2015 | 02:09 PM
Car Nerd

I had some issues with Legendary on my chevelle but if you ever log into Team Chevelle you'd think I was the only one ever. For my interior they took months longer, like six, than I would have expected. I think it was 9 months between order and receipt of material. They made me supply some of my old metal pieces too even though I bought assembled and complete assemblies.
Old June 7th, 2015 | 03:00 PM

Same issue for my package tray...
Needed a 69 supreme coupe, mesh style with cuts for stereo...

First, got one for a 4 doors...
Then they sent me one for a 69 coupe, but WITHOUT cuts, no mesh style...

Third and last was the good one!!!

Form 1st to 3rd package tray.... About 3 months...

But they still answered to my mails quickly and kindly!
Old June 8th, 2015 | 06:16 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

In April, I ordered door panels for my '66 F85 442, they keep saying they're on backorder. Sad part is that they're the only ones that have the F85 Deluxe patterns so I can't just go somewhere else.
Old June 8th, 2015 | 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 66 Olznut
In April, I ordered door panels for my '66 F85 442, they keep saying they're on backorder. Sad part is that they're the only ones that have the F85 Deluxe patterns so I can't just go somewhere else.
Did you contact SMS in Oregon? They had make their stuff. They are the only ones I know of who does the 67 post cars that have fake raised stitching and heat stamp process for vinyl door panels. There is a long wait though. I waited about 8 months for mine but was worth it. OPG lists the same panels that fall way short of originals.
Old June 8th, 2015 | 07:13 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Did you contact SMS in Oregon? They had make their stuff. They are the only ones I know of who does the 67 post cars that have fake raised stitching and heat stamp process for vinyl door panels. There is a long wait though. I waited about 8 months for mine but was worth it. OPG lists the same panels that fall way short of originals.
I forgot all about them, I used them years ago (went through local auto upholstery shop) to repair a sun burned seat section of another F85 I used to own, nobody could tell the difference.
Old June 8th, 2015 | 07:18 PM

I talked to Chris today at Legendary, nice guy. He assured me they would get my mats done. When? Not sure, but im not really ready for them yet anyway. Ill just consider it storage for them until im ready.
Steve