General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Kellers burgers sat night dallas tx

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2015, 05:43 PM

Kellers burgers sat night dallas tx

Just checking to see if any of you local guys go on sat night?
Old August 22nd, 2015, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Its on the other side of the world from me. There are 3 Kellers Burger places, which one do you speak.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:05 PM

The only one left were the hot rods gather on sat night. Northwest highway !
I was up there there till 1030 tonight in hopes to see a couple olds guys but no luck...
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:05 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It is funny that I actually thought of doing that last night but I had been painting upstairs and my butt was dragging. Certainly there are enough of us locally that we should be able to schedule and Olds invasion one weekend. Is there still a big turnout there?
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:57 AM

Parking lot was full but Not a olds one there last night . It's funny I used to live 10 min from there in lake highlands now from Emory I'm 1.5 hours away but the family and I loaded up and drove in last night . Had a good time as always seen some old friends but my reason for going was really to talk olds .
Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:01 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Hey my72:

Are you going to do the show in Emory on Sept 12? It is called Classics Round the Square. If the schedule works and I have my radiator rodded out and my new electric fan and shroud installed, I may thy and make it. I am in Rowlett so it is not too far for me.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:31 AM
Administrator

It would be nice for all of us and families to get together. Rob and I tried a few years ago for a get together at the Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose without success. Its a nice park for a get together and cook out.

I'd love to make the show in Emory, but I'll be out of town for a wedding.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Eric:

I think a get together and cookout is a great idea. Dinosaur Valley is a cool place and I can't think of a better place. My only concern would the distance be a detriment to some people coming from the metroplex. I guess we could put the idea out there and get some feedback. Maybe have an alternate location and see what people thought.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 09:02 AM

I was out in the heat yesterday getting some of the electrical to work on the recently acquired 62-88. That was enough for me but I will let you guys know when I will go to Kellers. Royse City is not that far, used to live in Rowlett for 27 years. Especially when it cools off next month. FYI-Red Line is almost completely remodeled, supposed to open next month. When the wind blows from the North I can clearly hear the cars in my back yard!
Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:30 AM

Redoldsman :: ill be there at the Emory show , my car won't be but the family and I will. I've been stripping interior and exterior getting ready to start body work on mine. I hope to be show ready by spring. I hope you make it and look forward to meeting you .

Oldcutlass::: Cars , family and a cookout sounds great though as you know those are hard to pull off . IMO start small if we post and invite to local shows , some will come and some won't be able to make but it'll catch on and I know one we start showing up with a nice olds line up that others will talk and want to come out also . From there you buildup to a yearly meet and cookout family deal. Just a thought .
On another note wish you could make the Emory show , have a safe trip ..

Therobski ::: yea the track remodel is looking pretty good , you run out there?
Old August 23rd, 2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by my72olds
Redoldsman :: ill be there at the Emory show , my car won't be but the family and I will. I've been stripping interior and exterior getting ready to start body work on mine. I hope to be show ready by spring. I hope you make it and look forward to meeting you .

Oldcutlass::: Cars , family and a cookout sounds great though as you know those are hard to pull off . IMO start small if we post and invite to local shows , some will come and some won't be able to make but it'll catch on and I know one we start showing up with a nice olds line up that others will talk and want to come out also . From there you buildup to a yearly meet and cookout family deal. Just a thought .
On another note wish you could make the Emory show , have a safe trip ..

Therobski ::: yea the track remodel is looking pretty good , you run out there?
I plan on being there. It will be my first time out with my 1969.