General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Just a quick road trip

Old June 1st, 2019, 06:40 AM
  #1  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Just a quick road trip

from California with my daughter who was 3 years old and screaming and crying that it was sold the last time she saw it.







gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:49 AM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Tedd Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Ranch Ca.
Posts: 5,175
Great farther daughter pics. When you are older those pictures will really mean a lot, car was good too. What was smokey up to?
Tedd Thompson is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:55 AM
  #3  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson View Post
Great farther daughter pics. When you are older those pictures will really mean a lot, car was good too. What was smokey up to?
Thanks! Ed owns the 66 wagon and works for chp so we did a photo op
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:23 AM
  #4  
Moderator
 
2blu442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford, Oregon
Posts: 11,573
Glad you took the time to spend with her Richard. Yes, many of us remember your car. Its kinda cool to see the convertible parked next to a 1966 wagon.
2blu442 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 01:30 PM
  #5  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,922
Wow, I can't believe how much time has passed since you built that car. It was on my favorite go to thread list at the time. Your daughter has sure grown up nicely! Great trip and good memories to last a lifetime. How's the future looking for your 88 project?
Allan R is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 02:10 PM
  #6  
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT
 
droldsmorland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Land of Taxes
Posts: 3,176
Cool...kids first! Everything else 2nd...
droldsmorland is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:40 PM
  #7  
Registered User
 
dc2x4drvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,048
Tell me you’re bringing the red car back to Texas!
dc2x4drvr is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 05:36 PM
  #8  
Proud Viet Nam Veteran
 
redoldsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rowlett, TX
Posts: 6,673
I knew you had tried to buy the car back and based on your post I am assuming you did. That is great. What a great trip for you and your daughter. You are such a great family man Richard. Those are memories you both will cherish forever. Glad the car is coming back.
redoldsman is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 07:34 PM
  #9  
Moderator
 
oldcutlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Poteau, Ok
Posts: 32,304
I followed your post on FB, again congrats on getting it back. Did it get painted while its been gone? Any improvements over what you had already done?
oldcutlass is online now  
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:40 PM
  #10  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by 2blu442 View Post
Glad you took the time to spend with her Richard. Yes, many of us remember your car. Its kinda cool to see the convertible parked next to a 1966 wagon.
Yes it was thanks
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:50 PM
  #11  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by Allan R View Post
Wow, I can't believe how much time has passed since you built that car. It was on my favorite go to thread list at the time. Your daughter has sure grown up nicely! Great trip and good memories to last a lifetime. How's the future looking for your 88 project?
It's crazy 9 years since I sold it
Originally Posted by droldsmorland View Post
Cool...kids first! Everything else 2nd...
Originally Posted by dc2x4drvr View Post
Tell me you’re bringing the red car back to Texas!
Im I west TX as I type 7 hours from home. Ran into a bad thunderstorm so I'm hunkered down for the night

Originally Posted by redoldsman View Post
I knew you had tried to buy the car back and based on your post I am assuming you did. That is great. What a great trip for you and your daughter. You are such a great family man Richard. Those are memories you both will cherish forever. Glad the car is coming back.
It's been a blast

Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
I followed your post on FB, again congrats on getting it back. Did it get painted while its been gone? Any improvements over what you had already done?
Time capsule of when I sold it only change he made was put an HEI on it it didn't have before I put almost as many miles on it today as he did the nine years he owned it.
Got a little warm in Arizona today when we got stuck in traffic for road construction for 45 minutes I'm going to have to convert it to a electric fan as soon as I get a chance





gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2019, 11:33 PM
  #12  
Registered User
 
Inline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chicago, Finland
Posts: 1,538
That car is beautiful. Probably best Olds ever made ( my favourite). Congrats!
Inline is online now  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 08:07 AM
  #13  
Registered User
 
66-3X2 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Birmingham,Alabama
Posts: 2,925
Congrats on the recovery.
66-3X2 442 is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 01:15 PM
  #14  
Registered User
 
Aron Nance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 1,563
SO GLAD TO SEE THAT BEAUTIFUL OLDS COMING HOME!! SPECTACULAR AUTOMOBILE! Been way too long since we've seen you. Does your beautiful daughter still know how to operate them motor lift??
Aron Nance is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 01:42 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
therobski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth
Posts: 2,171
Hey Richard, Ill be in touch and come see it...
therobski is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 05:58 PM
  #16  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524

annnnd home! Worn out but made it in one piece.

This is that akward moment when the shop meets the car that was sacrificed for its very exhistance.
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:18 PM
  #17  
Old School Olds
 
tru-blue 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marble Falls TX
Posts: 7,859
Congrats Richard!
tru-blue 442 is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
  #18  
Moderator
 
oldcutlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Poteau, Ok
Posts: 32,304
The other car is going to be upset being pushed farther back on the back burner.
oldcutlass is online now  
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:24 PM
  #19  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,922
Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
This is that akward moment when the shop meets the car that was sacrificed for its very exhistance.
Car: Hi shop - You owe me big time...

Shop: Yup, c'mon in and make yourself at home. Don't mind the mess.

Car: No worries, I'm home again and ready for some pampering and loving.
Allan R is offline  
Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:58 AM
  #20  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by Allan R View Post
How's the future looking for your 88 project?
Some day my kids will be grown up and I will build it.
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:00 AM
  #21  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by Inline View Post
That car is beautiful. Probably best Olds ever made ( my favourite). Congrats!
Thank you
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:06 AM
  #22  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by Allan R View Post
Car: Hi shop - You owe me big time...

Shop: Yup, c'mon in and make yourself at home. Don't mind the mess.

Car: No worries, I'm home again and ready for some pampering and loving.
More like what you are doing here? We don't have any room...Go away LOL
gearheads78 is offline  
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:08 AM
  #23  
car guy
Thread Starter
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
The other car is going to be upset being pushed farther back on the back burner.
Shhhh Its hibernating under the car cover next to it. What it doesn't know won't hurt it.
gearheads78 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tedd Thompson
The Clubhouse
5
January 7th, 2019 08:31 AM
rktolds
General Discussion
0
January 12th, 2016 11:43 AM
zed
General Discussion
2
September 5th, 2009 07:21 PM
jeffreyalman
General Discussion
6
June 20th, 2009 12:14 PM
68Tom
General Discussion
19
April 25th, 2009 08:24 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just a quick road trip


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.