General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Jetfire People, Please Look

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2019, 02:47 PM

Jetfire People, Please Look

I assume most Jetfire people are on the Jetfire forum but here it is anyway. I have been talking to Ken and he has made a business contact that can make our much needed foot flange gaskets. He has passed this information on to me and I am planning to have some made. The tooling is the expensive part and has to be factored into the price of each gasket. To help fund it I wanted to see if anyone wanted to pre-order any. No money needed up front, just like to get a commitment of selling any I can before getting them made. The pre-order will be a lower price than if you wait. The pre-order price will be $130 each and shipping. If you wait till after they are made it will be $150 and shipping. If you commit to buy one and later don’t want it I would later have to get the full after order price.

I am only having 20 of them made so if you would like to get one for a backup to your current working system, then now is the time to buy it. I have an NOS one that I am sending them so it will be made from a perfect original. I will be installing one on one of my cars to assure it is a proper correct part before sending any of them out or taking any money.

Please understand, for the amount of money I will invest into these and the amount of time it will take to sell them, I am not really making anything at the price. It is just a much needed part and don’t want to miss the opportunity of having them made for at least a reasonable price.

Let me know your thought and if you would like to have any set aside.

​​​​​​​

Old May 30th, 2019, 03:44 AM

I forgot to mention, these will be made right here in the good ol USA. Even the tooling will be made here
Old May 31st, 2019, 02:43 AM

Eric, just to help my ignorance, what do these things do?
Old May 31st, 2019, 06:23 AM

It is the seal between the turbo and intake manifold. They are often dried out and cracked. I have 10 extra turbo systems and only 1 has a good usable foot flange gasket. My first Jetfire had a bad one and took a couple months to find another and had to buy an entire turbo setup to get it.
Old September 12th, 2019, 05:52 PM

I just got an email that they should have some parts made next week. I am not sure if that is a test part or the actual finished product but we will see. At lest it is still moving along. Just hope nothing happens to my NOS one I sent them.
Old September 18th, 2019, 01:36 PM

Got a picture for the first two prototypes. Looks good so far!

Old October 1st, 2019, 10:09 AM

Just got some great news. They are shipping me two of them to try out and should have them around the end of the week. If it shows up on time I will install one on my wife's automatic car Saturday and see how it does. I will keep you posted.
Old October 9th, 2019, 01:23 PM

They have arrived! I now have reproductions of the foot flange gasket available and are made right here in the USA! I have test fit one to a manifold and turbo but I have not mounted one to a car yet. I have all confidence that these will seal exactly like they should and need no sealer.

These are softer than the originals. The manufacturer tells me that the originals are just harder from age but I am not sure he is correct about that entirely. I am sure he is partly correct but my NOS one is for sure stiffer than these. Either way, I see no troubles with using these and trusting them to work just like original.

These do fit tight around the turbo outlet and will require just a little amount of lubricant to slip them on. They told me that Petroleum Jelly will be just fine to use and is compatible with the rubber. It would not take much, just enough to get it all the way on without harm to the rubber.

Anyone that still wants one or two at the early price, let me know and we will make arrangements. Again, the price is $130 and shipping each for the early price and will be $150 for any sold later. If you spoke for any and want to wait till I put one on my car first, I understand and will hold yours at the early price till I have mine installed in a couple weeks.

Everyone needs to thank Ken for finding this place to make them. He done the hard work, I just ran with what he started. I just need to recoup the mold price, ouch, lol.