General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

It's midnight!

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:24 PM

It's midnight!

Today I cleaned all the intake/head mating surfaces and masked the intake for primer and paint. Wish I could have had the intake hot tanked, but it's getting cold here in Illinois and I am running out of time. Need to get this done before the really cold stuff hits! Monday I get my carb back (I hope) from being soaked. I just want one more ride in the Cutty before I store it for the winter. I also need to grab and thermostat and gasket from the parts gettin' place. Crap! I just remembered that I need to get epoxy too before I put the quadrajet back together. Damn! A simple carb rebuild that turned into a micro project.

Minty fresh rebuilt QuadraJet and new paint on the intake.......I'm about $100 in so far.....For the carb kit, primer, paint, gaskets, and GUNK. And still haven't ordered new stickers for the air cleaner or stripped it and primed an painted it. Plus I still have to make the gasket for those tubes that connect to the choke that bolts to the intake. It never ends! But I am having fun working on a car that I can actually work on!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM

choke stove gasket, been there! what a difference. I think my mechanic made it from part of a brake pad
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:51 AM

If you are talking about the gasket that bolts to the intake,the oval one for the choke, you can buy that at a auto parts store
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jeffreyalman
choke stove gasket, been there! what a difference. I think my mechanic made it from part of a brake pad
Choke Stove Gasket. Thank you! I forgot what it was called. NAPA said they disconinued it, so I'm going to check around at some other places before I go to hand making gaskets.