General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Internet Car Purchases GONE WILD

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM

Sorry to here about all this rev. I got on ebay and asked if there was any wood blocks holding up anything on the vette.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
69CuttyS

I'm sorry this happened to you. I had a similar thing happen to me. Bought a car for 4000.00 (back in 1989); it had well disguised floor and frame rot. I was able to find a guy to do a sloppy but sturdy repair for about 1500.00. The culprit was a local guy with a young family and nice parents. Yet he went out of his way to disguise a near-worthless vehicle, and screw whomever bought it. How do people like that sleep at night? And do they pass on their dishonesty to their children?
I hope your efforts in getting these Majestic creeps charged with fraud are successful; because it is nothing less than that. Deceitful and criminal fraud.
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by daves62
Sorry to here about all this rev. I got on ebay and asked if there was any wood blocks holding up anything on the vette.

I think they are listening to you guys. They posted new pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-CO...1%7C240%3A1308

Amazing how they found a lift. Guess they had misplaced it when I asked for pics of mine.

Thanks again guys and gals,

-the REV
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BLESSEDBYGOD
I think they are listening to you guys. They posted new pics:
Notice they are very small though. Also, it says "clean, original, and untouched" - not in "good condition"...

Originally Posted by BLESSEDBYGOD
Amazing how they found a lift. Guess they had misplaced it when I asked for pics of mine.
Lifts are misplaced all the time... I still can't find mine - it must be under the new carpet I laid along the side of the garage...
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM

What am I missing here? Why would someone put that much work into the top part of the car when the frame is such a disaster. It's like building a house on a crumbling foundation. Obviously, that frame did not get in that condition overnight. From the pictures it looks like a lot of meticulous craftsmanship went into it. At the price it sold for they could not be realizing a whole lot of profit, even if they did most of the work themselves. If the worst happens, it looks like it would still be worth getting another frame for it and patching up some of that floor.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:38 PM

I saw a 1970 455 4 speed in Kentucky for 10k. Talked with this owner who seemed to be a real nice guy. the car as the one above looked very nice in the pictures. All numbers matcing etc. Drove from Michigan to Kentucky and home in one night!!!!! I also had the 10 k cash on me and my wife said we had better get out of there quick. Well we did.
I am sorry to here this happening to anybody especially on something that becomes you pride and joy. Not much in life treats you as good as your dog and your car ( my wifew treats me great!!!)
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by tim72
Not much in life treats you as good as your dog and your car ( my wife treats me great!!!)
X2 on this comment
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by nelsontj
What am I missing here? Why would someone put that much work into the top part of the car when the frame is such a disaster. It's like building a house on a crumbling foundation.
I have been asking that same thing...
The guy must have had the same mentality as a construction company in Taiwan years ago. They had built some highrise apartment towers years ago, mixing the foundation and support pillar concrete with sand and trash -bottles, paper, old toys, scrap this-that-and-the-other...
When the big earthquake hit in 1998, those builddings were the first to fall, killing many. The government grounded airpines and ships so they could try to find the contractors and the complany execs... Not sure what happened to them, but I hope they were living in those buildings, on the ground floor.

Originally Posted by tim72
Not much in life treats you as good as your dog and your car ( my Wife treats me great!!!)
My new quotes:
"The more women I date, the more I love my car and dog..."
"The only 'W' I want in my life is a W30!"

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; March 24th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM

well almost a year

Did the Rev ever get anything out of these guys? is he still around??? just looking through posts and this one popped up again and I sure hope he got some satisfaction...
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM

I have wondered about him also, but haven't heard a peep
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:42 AM

sad

a guy who was so pumped up about his purchase, looking to improve it and feeling good he was doing something nice for someone else, and wham... turned off the hobby by an unscrupulous seller..
I hope that he is still with us enjoying the hobby.!