General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

I Need Help Guys!

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Is that pic from your car? How come Teepo's lines come in from the other direction?

I got your laundry right here, buddy!!!
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bluevista
The Inline Tube power steering hoses have the correct tin-coated tube and gold or yellow zinc fittings. The hoses also have the correct pinch clamps and red stripe.
That's the info I wanted to know Allan. Thx, maybe I'll order a set from them too. Right now I have NAPA lines on. What I don't like is that they 'jump/flex' when the steering wheel is turned. They don't have the same design to hold the pressure line steady.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Is that pic from your car? How come Teepo's lines come in from the other direction?
Sandy, the reason it looks different is that pic is part of a body off resto. The lines aren't hooked up to the PS pump yet. The way they are sitting is correct alignment according the the CSM. Where the gearbox is sitting is the 'inside' of the frame rail. Just behind it is the engine mounts. Just looks funny because theres no engine in there.

Blue, is that from your VC? If it is - my compliments on a fantastic detailing job. Still waiting for your esplanehshun of why you don't have it any more..... (morbidly curious I guess..)
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks Allan R. I think I will order a set of those hoses and have Don Sitts put them on in the spring. Teepo will like it, lol!

That could be Blue's car's pic.... that baby was be-u-ti-ful!!! I got to see her up close and personal several times. Details were amazing.....
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Always glad to help, you know that Sandy. By the way, is this the Don Sitts you were referring to? http://www.donsitts.com/temps/index.cfm
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yep! That would be the Don Sitts!! He's a great guy. Deals in the older cars and handles them with kid gloves. He's a biiiigggg sponser of shows and cruise in's here. He has alot of his own classics. He has the Riverfront cruise in on Monday nights over in Cuyahoga Falls. Place is always packed!!!!! Bought my Tincanio off of him last February. Gave me a good deal. He should for as much money I give him for working on Teepo, lol! Here's a pic I took of him at the Solon Charity cruise last summer with one of his GTO's. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet!!

SolonCharitycruiseshow7-30-11007-1.jpg
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well I called Inline and ordered the hoses today at lunch time. They are $65.00 a set, not $55.00 like it shows online. I forgot to ask him about the stripes...... So a new set of hoses cost me $77.26 with shipping. She's worth it......

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 27th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well I called Inline and ordered the hoses today at lunch time. They are $65.00 a set, not $55.00 like it shows online. I forgot to ask him about the stripes...... So a new set of hoses cost me $77.26 with shipping. She's worth it......
That's still not expensive for what you're getting. Any explanation why 65 instead of catalogue price?
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Registered

I think you got "hosed" Sandy.

It was ten bucks more because you called them.
They were nice, I would of charged you twenty more if I had to sit there on the phone all day listening to Teepo war stories.
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue....... you're bein a shi*, lol!!!!!

Allan R...... I didn't even ask. I just had the part number and phone number written down when I called, and not the price or anything. So I didn't remember they were $55 until I looked online again later. It's probably like everything else.... because they can.

They better have the red stripe and the yellow stripe on them, like my originals....
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I didn't even ask. I just had the part number and phone number written down when I called, and not the price or anything. So I didn't remember they were $55 until I looked online again later. It's probably like everything else.... because they can.
When I am on line ordering I have a list already prepared of the parts/ part numbers / and price and I double check everything with them BEFORE I say yes to the order. I guess it's like any other life lessons. Once in a while you get burned. But you learn how not to have it happen again.

Be looking for the pics of these things when they arrive. Maybe you can email back and ask why? If it was an agents mistake, they're pretty good about fixing that. If they have just not reflected a new price in their on line catalogue, they should fix that pronto. Because in my books, if you advertise 55 you better charge only 55.
Old March 31st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Here are pics of the new un-striped power steering hoses from Inline Tube.

Newpowersteeringlines002.jpg

Newpowersteeringlines003.jpg

Newpowersteeringlines004.jpg

Newpowersteeringlines005.jpg

Newpowersteeringlines007.jpg
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy, what can I say? You going to keep them or return them? You could always have the striping added to the hoses....FWIW, they're way better replicas than the ones i got from NAPA.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
NOVICE car nut

I would hang on to those hoses , they look more like the original then the one I bought .
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yep..... I'm gonna have Don Sitts guys put them on. Might as well since I bought 'em! Are you going to get a set, Allan R???
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that it looked like your hoses were rubbing each other. Since you're going to have them replaced, I thought I'd mention that the assembly manual shows a picture of specifically how the hoses should be positioned. I just saw a thread submitted by shimmer that you replied to about having his assembly manual spiral bound. From your reply, I'm guessing you have an assembly manual to refer to. If not, hopefully, Don will already know this.
I can send a pic of mine if needed.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM

Leaking + Middle Age = Depends
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....Leaking + Middle Age = Depends

Lol!! It sure does, doesn't it??

Randy..... Thanks. I did see that in the manual, and I marked the page. I'm going to take the manual to Don's with me so they can see how to correctly put them on!! I sure don't know how her hoses got put on the way they are - touching each other....
Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yep..... I'm gonna have Don Sitts guys put them on. Might as well since I bought 'em! Are you going to get a set, Allan R???
Don't know yet. Curtis has a set that are OEM but 40 years old. I was thinking of using them as a template and seeing how much Gregg's Distributors will charge to make exact replicas. I can also ask them if they color code hoses. If it costs way more to go that route? I'm pretty happy with the pics you posted and would likely buy them. The stripes on the hoses aren't deal breakers for me. However, I will install them myself.....