General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

I love this Oldsmobile Crowd

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM

Smile I love this Oldsmobile Crowd

Hello everyone!
I was 9 when I first got into Oldsmobiles with a 1962 F85 Conv. I have now moved onto restoring a 64' Fiesta and a 63' Starfire Conv and Coupe.
I have found thru my experiences of dealing with different people who associate with different car-makes that they have different attitudes towards others. I for one have a strong dislike for Fords and sometimes get carried away in arguments with Ford owners, but I've learned everyone has their own likes and that is to be RESPECTED!!
I was parting out a 57' Buick a while ago, and I had a very rude call from an insainly perfectionist who ended up hanging up on me because I didn't know Buicks well enough to talk to him.
I was also selling lower control arms off a 69' Chevelle and had many "***'s" call about the parts.
People ask me all the time why I love Oldsmobiles and I truly don't know if it is because of the unique and torque'y cars they make or just the down-to-Earth people that restore them!
I have talked to over 500 Oldsmobile people about parts I had for sale and never have I been hung up-on or hung up on someone. (I did this once to a Mopar guy who told me that my car is only worth it's value in steal because they can't get off the line, that is why I also do not involve myself with Mopars).
Almost everyone I have talked to I have been able to have a great conversation with and have an educational lesson for myself and the person on the other end!
I went to OCA nationals 2011 in Reno, where I met an owner of 2 Starfire conv's and it was unbelievable that someone with such nice cars could be so down-to-Earth! I have been involved with Olds fellows for 7 years now and I just love getting calls!
I had a customer a week or two ago who paid for his item and 2x over for shipping, I couldn't get the part as soon as I had hoped but he still thanked me with an extra check!!!
I truly don't know what to do to thank the many Olds people I have talked to and sold parts too!
I am sooooo happy to be a member of the Olds Family!!
Special thanks to Jeff-Bulger, Brian McCann, Jamie ***, Lary Spicknell, & Mike Cibulas for helping me with the restoration of my Olds!!!!!
-Dalton
64 Fiesta
63 Starfire (coupe and Conv)
541-678-0606
GOD-BLESS!!!

Last edited by 1962oldsguy; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Welcome, post some pictures when you get a chance.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Welcome to CO

X2 on the pictures
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Oldsdruid

Glad to see you've still got the cars plus another one. You've thanked some heavy hitters in early-60s Oldsworld- they're all top-flight guys.

You ought to come over on AACA sometimes too. There's several guys your age who are regulars there and you'd probably relate well to them. I hear them say the same stuff you've said!

The key is to remember there are nitpicker perfectionists for all old car makes. They unfortunately do not understand that not only is everyone not like that, but that an assembly-line-produced vehicle was far from 100% perfect when it went out the door and off the dealer's lot. The best any of us should aspire to is to restore it to as-built standards.

Ya shoulda told the Mopar guy that with an Oldsmobile at least there'd be some steel left to scrap, because Mopars all rust away to nothing!