General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

I goofed - more pics!!

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

I goofed - more pics!!

Well.... I hit the button before I had all the pics on, lol! Here are some more...

StowGlen9-11-10038.jpg

StowGlen9-11-10040.jpg

StowGlen9-11-10042.jpg

StowGlen9-11-10044.jpg

StowGlen9-11-10031.jpg

StowGlen9-11-10046.jpg

And this big guy flew over.......

StowGlen9-11-10008.jpg
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Registered

Congrats, what was it?, about twenty cars there?
I wasn't planning on attending (Akron-Canton is like going to the west side for me, I don't ) but it says that show is today on Big Al's list?, or are there two?

Hmmm, no trophies last year, trophies this year, I wonder why???
I think you should step up to the next level and join the OCA and do the nationals next year. You can't do those shows you won a trophy at again, that's the unwritten law of trophy, but you and Mr. Chebelle never studied law.

I had to get out of that party yesterday so I took the Vista over to the Sunny Lake show with my Chebelle buddy, a whole five miles.
I registered so I could get free food but didn't put the card on my car, I knew Mr Chebelle would take the gold, and he did. He was slightly upset he didn't get best of show too , that ever present lime green and white Hemi-Cuda won that. Having cars like that concours restored LS6 chebelle and Hemi Cuda is like shooting fish in a barrel at these local car shows.
One bit of excitement was me yelling at the guy next to me for squeezing his car into a non-space and for putting his chair too close to my car, he don't like me now.
They eventually gave free food to anybody that drove by the place.
I did spend time talking to a guy with a '76 Cutlass he bought new, 42,000 miles and almost all original to the hoses. He worked at the Lansing assembly plant for 20 years and then at a local Olds dealer (Zalud) for 15.
He did the woodgrain vinyl on Vista Cruisers and I learned a lot, I did mine correctly.
He also told me that it was common knowledge at the dealers and at Lansing that Linden assembly plant cars were really bad and to stay away from them.

If it's nice today I'm heading to another show that Laura wants to go to.
I won't say where but it's in my neck of the woods and they'll probably be a few horses and buggies in the parking lot too.
Probably have have Amish King for lunch and Amish Queen for dessert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sunny lake 007s.jpg (143.6 KB, 15 views)
sunny lake 008s.jpg (143.0 KB, 14 views)
sunny lake 012s.jpg (151.9 KB, 17 views)
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:14 AM

Way to represent Olds at car shows Sandy. Keep it up!

Originally Posted by Bluevista
I did spend time talking to a guy with a '76 Cutlass he bought new, 42,000 miles and almost all original to the hoses. He worked at the Lansing assembly plant for 20 years and then at a local Olds dealer (Zalud) for 15.
He did the woodgrain vinyl on Vista Cruisers and I learned a lot, I did mine correctly.
He also told me that it was common knowledge at the dealers and at Lansing that Linden assembly plant cars were really bad and to stay away from them.
Lovely - my car has an "E" in the VIN Ironically, I bought the car in Lansing where 3 previous owners lived.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue.... have I told you lately that you're a shi*???????? There were more than 20 cars at the show, lol. I know the date was different on Big Al's list than what was on my flyer, so I called them last week to be sure.

I thought about going out to Middlefield today, but I figured I'd stay away and let you win that one, lol! The weather has looked ominus all morning over here and that show is out a little far. There weren't a whole lot of shows around today, and a ton of them yesterday.
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Hey Blue, I like those pictures of the 'curiser. They look like promotional shots for a sales brochure.