General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Garage playlist

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2021, 07:22 PM
72Cutlass S

Garage playlist

Just wondering what everyone listens to when you are in shop mode. Not sure if this is going to post. My family uses apple music so here is my garage playlist. I have been thinking of taking out Robin Trower... it’s never a good idea to air guitar when you are holding a angle grinder. Unless you like short fingernails.

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/...mb0vqqIP85rexk
Old February 15th, 2021, 07:32 PM

i prefer whole albums.flipping to the b side is a pain but if i'm doing body work the break is well needed.
Old February 15th, 2021, 07:53 PM
Administrator

I have about 200+ songs loaded on an MP3 player hooked to a cheap stereo. 90% 50's and 60's music with a bit of 70's thrown in. It'll probably run about 15 hrs from start to finish.
Old February 15th, 2021, 08:08 PM

I've been using local radio on my spiffy 1978 vintage whole house intercom and radio Nutone system. Problem is, the rock station that I get best reception on does not get that just because the 90s were 30 years ago does not mean 90s rock is classic rock. It's like calling modern art classical art just because it was a while ago. Classic rock is Elvis to Van Halen, and it stops about 89 or so. 90s rock is a different category and needs its own station and I don't need to hear Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, then Pearl Jam.

The above is fact. The below is opinion.

Also, 90s music pretty much sucked the first time around, too.
Old February 15th, 2021, 09:01 PM

Robin Trower Daydream , a forever favorite
Muddy Waters Sad Sad Day
Keb Mo I remember You

Last edited by green1972; February 15th, 2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old February 15th, 2021, 09:21 PM

I have a Cheap unit in my garage I bought at Good Will for $15.00 don't even know what brand it is but it has a usb port that supports a thumb drive that my music is on ,thumb drive has about 700 tunes on it ( I purchased a program that can lift anything that comes through the sound board of my pc plus record cd's etc...) I have a little of everything ( except rap) Led Zeplin, Buddy Guy, the James Gang , Allman bros you name it even Glenn Miller !! and some DOO WOP music from the 50'S and a little country and western like Chris LeDoux. I like all kinds of music even has some John Williams from Schindlers List.
Old February 16th, 2021, 02:56 AM

I use my phone playing Pandora through a Bluetooth JBL Charge3. The Pretty Reckless, Waylon Jennings, Rubber Biscuit, The Record Company, and some hair metal are the stations I usually listen to most.
Old February 16th, 2021, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
I've been using local radio on my spiffy 1978 vintage whole house intercom and radio Nutone system. Problem is, the rock station that I get best reception on does not get that just because the 90s were 30 years ago does not mean 90s rock is classic rock. It's like calling modern art classical art just because it was a while ago. Classic rock is Elvis to Van Halen, and it stops about 89 or so. 90s rock is a different category and needs its own station and I don't need to hear Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, then Pearl Jam.

The above is fact. The below is opinion.

Also, 90s music pretty much sucked the first time around, too.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels this way!!

My local classic rock station has started playing Nirvana snd other 90s “grunge” crap snd it really annoys me. That’s the crap that use to be advertised as “alternative music”, in my opinion my alternative would be static or the off button.
Old February 16th, 2021, 05:11 AM

Morning guys and dolls, I am using a 1980’s Marantz stereo Sony graphic equalizer and Sony floor speakers. I jump around with the FM stations, might be bluegrass, country, and of coarse rock and roll. Depending on what day of the week and who is the Disc Jockey. These young people are listening to the same music as we did. What’s that tell you about today's rock & roll? If it's Free, walk this way or Stones, jumping jack flash. I'll walk over and hit that boost button. Oh Ya!!!

Last edited by oldsmobilejim; February 16th, 2021 at 05:17 AM.
Old February 16th, 2021, 05:14 AM
Olds Fanatic

Originally Posted by gs72
Just wondering what everyone listens to when you are in shop mode. Not sure if this is going to post. My family uses apple music so here is my garage playlist. I have been thinking of taking out Robin Trower... it’s never a good idea to air guitar when you are holding a angle grinder. Unless you like short fingernails.

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/...mb0vqqIP85rexk
Long Misty Days has been a favorite for many years!!
Old February 16th, 2021, 05:55 AM

I have $50 dollar speakers and a $50 Ipad (notepad?) like thing. I have thousands of songs on it and I play it on random using Bluetooth in the garage.

Last edited by TripDeuces; February 18th, 2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old February 16th, 2021, 07:02 AM

Being that I have played some kind of musical instrument since I was nine or ten, I have a pretty wide range of musical tastes. I never made a Playlist for the garage and just let Spotify run my liked songs on shuffle...about 3800 songs or so. These bands will range from Creedance to System of a down, P-funk allstars to Black Flag, white Buffalo to Cypress Hill, etc...

I did, however, make a Playlist for the pub. This contains mostly Irish punk and folk.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5x...RcuAnQZVV27w8w

Snow day for me, out in the garage Jamming to some Dead Kennedys right now.

Last edited by gear head; February 16th, 2021 at 07:05 AM.
Old February 16th, 2021, 07:35 AM
72 Olds CS

I play the fm stereo in the garage. My older akai system has about 10 presets and a remoteso i usually flick around those. I like a good variety of music so i dont mind elvis, doors, rare earth, van halen, foreigner, sound garden, U2, white stripes, taylor swift, nicki manaj, sia etc all played one after another. A boston station 103.3 will play many of those artists ..
Old February 16th, 2021, 07:42 AM

Got a Google Home Mini that I stream from, mostly classics from the 80s and some 90s rock/alternative/emo, nothing really earlier than the 80s though, wasn't my scene.
Old February 16th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Vincit qui se vincit

Mostly Spotify or CDs, and sometimes FM radio, all via a sweet 1981 Technics SA 203. That little 30 WPC receiver sounds amazing, and gets pretty hot when run all day, so it stays cool with its own fan. Speaker selector allows choice of Bose 201s 501s 601s or Acoustic Research AR 18s, or all 4.

I’ve got over 5000 songs loaded in Spotify for variety - some playlist examples include:

Old February 16th, 2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by fleming442
I use my phone playing Pandora through a Bluetooth JBL Charge3. The Pretty Reckless, Waylon Jennings, Rubber Biscuit, The Record Company, and some hair metal are the stations I usually listen to most.
I also have a JBL charge 3 that thing is fantastic !! x2 I use it when camping, I have the same music that's on my thumb drive on my phone and use it via blue tooth, the range is good the sound quality is unbelievable and the rechargeable battery life is awesome if anybody is looking for portable sound I highly recommend the JBL charge 3.
Old February 16th, 2021, 10:37 AM

In my garage I tune in hardradio.com and play it over my BT speaker by Oontz. I used to have (well, still do, but don't use) in the garage some old Marantz bookshelf speakers hooked up to my home stereo in the house. That system now sits idle since we upgraded to IP/Smart TV. I miss my CDs and Cassettes!
Old February 17th, 2021, 08:19 AM

Been listening to 90s Eurodance on Digitally Imported internet radio while replacing my oil pan gasket. I tried out the synthwave channel and really liked it. I think I'll be switching to synthwave the next time I'm working on my car.
Old February 17th, 2021, 04:33 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Anything....repeat... ANYTHING without ads and some DMF flapping their pie hole selling their wares...fake news NOPE...elevator music would be better.

Happy Sirius Pandora Spotify Youtube subscriber. As well as 2000 and counting songs packed onto iPods 50s-to present rock.

Cut the cable to the house and haven't looked back. Have not listened to local BS radio or TV in 3 years....Blood PSI 120/80. Lifes too short to bear relentless car dealer drug and lawyer ads...Happy and way less angry campsite here.

Now if I could just get rid of the high-stress job, buy an island, roll my own cigars, grow pineapples and distill vodka ...
Old February 18th, 2021, 10:21 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Stuff I like but my wife doesn't. And she plays stuff she likes but I don't while I'm in my mancave.

Roger.