General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fusick vs. Parts Place

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Fusick vs. Parts Place

Here is why you folks need to use good, established vendors:

I ordered some parts from the Parts Place last week on their website. I get an e-mail saying the order is received, and they will send out a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours.

Well, no confirmation e-mail is sent. I had to call twice to find out that the parts were back ordered, with no promise date.

Cancel order with Parts Place.

Call Fusick, and they have the parts in stock, and the sales person says "They will ship today, you will have them tomorrow".

My conclusion: Fusick is #1, and everyone else is #2.....
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Alb

fusick/ Parts Place

In my experience, I have found that calling either place is better than doing it via the internet. Never had a problem with either one of them by doing it that way. Just my 2 cents worth.
Alb
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM

I never dealt with parts place but have used fusicks a few times and never had any issues.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM

I have had the parts place send me the wrong parts then charge me a restocking fee for their error. Then had them double charge my card for the same parts.
I would go without before I would ever use them again.

I have had good luck with both Fusick and OPGI.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM

I have had good experiences with both of them, Fusicks ships out the parts much faster but PP is usually much cheaper.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM

I never understood how Fusick is able to ship a part so frekkin fast. From the time I talk to them, it's literally in my hands 12 hours later
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Fusick works hard to be the best for Olds owners. I have had excellent experience with them.
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM

Anyone use Inline tube? Just curious as a new to Olds guy..
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM

parts place shipped me the wrong part and gave me the run around. will never use again.
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM

Hands down, Fusick is the BEST.............
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM

I've bought quite a few things from Parts Place and had no problems. I've contacted Fusick a couple times and never heard anything back from them.
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:51 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I'll agree,Fusick #1.

I use to deal with The Parts Place until I received some bad info from them.

I've also had good dealings with Inline Tube.
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Daycab
Anyone use Inline tube? Just curious as a new to Olds guy..
I never had a problem with Inline Tube. I dealt from them (3) times already. Im going to see them this weekend at Englishtown, NJ swap meet.
I'll be seeing Fusick within 3 weeks in Merrick, L.I.
I dealt with The Parts Place in their website and eBay with no problems.
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
Hands down, Fusick is the BEST.............
x2!
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I would like to also point out,when you visit Fusick's website there are 0 companies tracking your moves on their site. Parts Place has 1 company tracking your moves. Inline Tube has 2 companies tracking your moves.
Today's check of this site shows 5 tracking our moves

Props to Fusick!
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Not one issue with a Fusick order or part after many transactions, both online and in person, either via telephone or at a swap meet/show. They have the best service, hands down.

That said, however, I have also had good dealings with The Parts Place. Only one issue - a part (poorly packaged) arrived damaged. One call rectified the problem and a new one arrived promptly. Be aware though, they don't always have every item in their catalog in stock.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:20 PM

I have always been impressed with how fast Fusick ships. I usually receive my orders between one and three days of placing it.

No issues with the Parts Place either. But it is interesting to hear that a few people have.

Year One will not be receiving any of my business. I have yet to have a good experience with them.

Now how's Original parts Group? I just received a catalog from a friend but have yet to place an order.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Fusick puts alot into the Oldsmobiles. They even take on big cars and 30s-60s where there is very limited profits to be made in comparison to the Cutlass and 442. I personally know of a part they are in the very early stages of reproducing and it will only benefit less than 100 people, some of those people will order more than one though.
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

Fusick, an Olds guy will answer the phone and customer service is top notch, a stud broke on a grill emblem as I was installing it, called them and another was out right away to me, they didn't even want the old one back, I think they make most of their parts themselves.

OPG, I live an hour away and most of their stuff is in stock so no problems there, they make some stuff as well, been there a few times and I always drop at least $500 each visit, we put the '65 in their car show 2 Sundays ago.
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM

I've recently purchased parts from Fusick, PP, Inline Tube, and OPGI. Fusick has the best customer service, PP has best prices, Inline is good with lots of hardware choices, OPGI has parts others don't but are a little pricey. I've had no problems with any of them and do all business by phone.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ELY442
I never had a problem with Inline Tube. I dealt from them (3) times already. Im going to see them this weekend at Englishtown, NJ swap meet.
I'll be seeing Fusick within 3 weeks in Merrick, L.I.
I dealt with The Parts Place in their website and eBay with no problems.
+1 Looking forward to visiting with the Fusick road show in Merrick. I stopped by their trailer at this show last year and shot-the-sh*t with their rep for almost an hour (it was near the end of the show, things were slow). Very cool guy, lots of Olds knowledge!

I've used Fusick a few times and have been very happy (ordered online). I haven't had anything big and/or heavy sent though, usually just smaller trim pieces.
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:42 PM

Fusicks and inline tube have worked out well. No trouble with either. Ship quickly.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:52 PM

I've bought from Supercarsunlimited a couple of times and they were nice on the phone and had everything out quick. Just thought I'd put a name out there that has been a good contributor to my project.
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:19 AM

My 442 is the one on the New Products page on the Fusick website.....
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
"Trying to fix her right"

Well I live about 45 minutes from The Parts Place so I pick-up my parts to make sure I have the right ones. Even still I get the wrong stuff.

If you've ever been there you'll understand why the customer service is what it is. The place is ran by basically a bunch of knuckle heads. There are a couple old guys there that really don't know what there doing, and it doesn't seem like they care, and a couple younger guys with bad attitudes as well. I don't know if its an out in the country thing, they are about 60 or so miles from Chicago, because they really don't more too fast. Nor do they care.

I just kind of shake my head when I'm behind the counter and I watch these guys. They could really make a killing in the business if they had a little guidance. Their prices are fantastic and their parts are good so it would be easy. Maybe that's their thing, our prices and parts are good so we can treat you like garbage and you have to put up with it.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by dfire25
Well I live about 45 minutes from The Parts Place so I pick-up my parts to make sure I have the right ones. Even still I get the wrong stuff.

If you've ever been there you'll understand why the customer service is what it is. The place is ran by basically a bunch of knuckle heads. There are a couple old guys there that really don't know what there doing, and it doesn't seem like they care, and a couple younger guys with bad attitudes as well. I don't know if its an out in the country thing, they are about 60 or so miles from Chicago, because they really don't more too fast. Nor do they care.

I just kind of shake my head when I'm behind the counter and I watch these guys. They could really make a killing in the business if they had a little guidance. Their prices are fantastic and their parts are good so it would be easy. Maybe that's their thing, our prices and parts are good so we can treat you like garbage and you have to put up with it.
I'd be willing to bet the reason the workers act like they don't care or move too slow is that they are probably paid in peanuts and figure they aren't going to work too hard to make up for how badly they are getting paid. Probably another reason why PP can sell their parts a bit cheaper than their competition?
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM
"Trying to fix her right"

Originally Posted by Olds_71_442
I'd be willing to bet the reason the workers act like they don't care or move too slow is that they are probably paid in peanuts and figure they aren't going to work too hard to make up for how badly they are getting paid. Probably another reason why PP can sell their parts a bit cheaper than their competition?
That was one point I forgot to make. Thanks Eddie.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Parts Place won't ship to Canada so I don't use them unless I can get someone to forward stuff to me. Generally the PP pricing differential makes the overall cost reasonable by the time it gets here.

Fusicks gave absolutely terrible customer service and shipping costs last year. The rep was rude and impatient when I called even though I had all the part numbers and descriptions listed and ready for quick reference. Couldn't even give me a total on the order. Said I'd have to wait for them to invoice me later that day. Didn't even send me the invoice as promised till 2 days later and the shipping was GROSSLY overstated - actually double billed! Plus, wrong parts and everything in a cigarette box. Looked like a package from Iraq. Surprised it got through customs. They also sent a new catalogue that I specifically told them NOT to because I use their on line catalogue. It just added to shipping weight. I complained and they said, 'So what do you want us to do about it?'. I was shocked and told them so. So they did begrudgingly send me a partial refund (only because their shipping was in a cigarette box - I sent them a pic to prove it). They did follow up with the right parts N/C, stated as 'warranty' on the invoice. Right. Oh yeah, the second package was also in another cigarette box. I will only use them as a last resort now.

ILT - EVERY call I've placed has been great customer service. Very fast shipping even to Canada, low cost shipping and great parts priced very reasonably. I've done 4 orders with them and very happy with them to date.

OPGI and Year One are way too expensive for the same parts elsewhere so I don't use them.

For those of you who get great service and parts from your respective vendors - Good stuff! I'm just reflecting on the vendor services I have experienced.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Navy P-3 FE (Ret.)

Fusicks, Supercars, Inline all great for me. YearOne's S&H charge is outrageous.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dfire25
That was one point I forgot to make. Thanks Eddie.
You're welcome. I know this because I have co-workers who are paid in peanuts and that's exactly how they act. I hear "if they paid better, maybe I'd move a little faster" all the time.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Parts Place won't ship to Canada so I don't use them unless I can get someone to forward stuff to me. Generally the PP pricing differential makes the overall cost reasonable by the time it gets here.
Did they change? I've bought most of my parts from PP.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Did they change? I've bought most of my parts from PP.
Last thing I bought was B32/B33 floor mats on sale (99.00 for front and back - best price in YEARS!!!). I had to have them shipped to Oregon and then forwarded to me. By the time I got them the total cost was only a few bucks more than regular PP cataloge 149.00. Year One wants 207.00 + shipping, OPGI regular 205, on 'sale' now for 189.00, and Fusicks 165.00.

In the past (years ago I bought a rear deck wing and the W27 cover from PP; which they shipped to Canada. As you recall from the recent posts on W27 cover? Rocketbrian said they won't ship to us. So I went and looked at my invoices and it appears so. When was the last time you bought from them?
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM

Last thing I bought was B32/B33 floor mats on sale (99.00 for front and back - best price in YEARS!!!). I had to have them shipped to Oregon and then forwarded to me. By the time I got them the total cost was only a few bucks more than regular PP cataloge 149.00. Year One wants 207.00 + shipping, OPGI regular 205, on 'sale' now for 189.00, and Fusicks 165.00.

In the past (years ago I bought a rear deck wing and the W27 cover from PP; which they shipped to Canada. As you recall from the recent posts on W27 cover? Rocketbrian said they won't ship to us. So I went and looked at my invoices and it appears so. When was the last time you bought from them?
Mid September of last year I got a driver's floor pan from them. And last spring I bought my trunk lid, the rear wing, the fender and trunk emblems and the hood hold downs. (hard to believe it's been a year already!)
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Must be something recent then, all the stuff I couldn't have shipped was this year. I don't know what's up; maybe it's just their ebay store that won't ship here????
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Majored in rear tire demo

I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from PP. Prices seem very reasonable and drop ships are timely. Had a problem with intermediate emergency brake cable. Ordered for 4spd and got TH. Sent an email and they said they would send correct cable and to just keep old one. They sent a rear cable. Sent a rather nasty email and they finally sent correct cable. All no charge and let me keep the wrong ones. They are slow in the shipping and it seems high. They must make it up on that end.
Never ordered from Fusic or Year One, but they seem pricy.
No problem with OPGI, but they're not shy.
Ordered a couple of times from USA Parts. No problems.
Never heard of ILT, but thanks for the heads up!
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:49 AM

Must be something recent then, all the stuff I couldn't have shipped was this year. I don't know what's up; maybe it's just their ebay store that won't ship here????
I didn't buy from their ebay store, though. I bought from their website. I noticed their ebay ads don't ship to Canada. But then again, I haven't found any Fusick ads that ship to Canada, either.

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/ocat...rList=1971#top
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:50 AM
morgan

Fusicks is good I have used them for years but they have lost ground...there product selection is smaller for the 68-72 cars compared to others
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM

You guys dont use Brothers Automotive at all??
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM

I bought my grilles, stoneshield and headlight buckets from Brothers. But, most here don't have many good things to say about BAP. I can't complain about my grille pieces, though.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CroixDad
You guys dont use Brothers Automotive at all??
not after being ripped off by them twice. Very rude and outrageous shipping. I have a sizable store credit with them they refuse to honor, so in a nutshell I won't ever recommend them.

I bought my grilles, stoneshield and headlight buckets from Brothers. But, most here don't have many good things to say about BAP. I can't complain about my grille pieces, though.
they sell the exact same parts as Fusick, year one, parts place, OPGI so I'll shop there first AFTER first looking at ILT.

Quick Reply: Fusick vs. Parts Place