General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

four stolen Hursts

Old April 20th, 2010, 04:51 AM

four stolen Hursts

I searched here but couldn't see if this was posted before or not, but i saw this on another site from last summer:

We are Forwarding along a message from Judy Badgley that she is passing out concerning the stolen Hurst's. if you run across any of these cars or unusual parts please let us know. Between 1AM and 4AM on Saturday, August 8, 2009, FOUR Hurst/Olds were stolen from 2 hotel parking lots adjacent to each other in Indianapolis, Indiana. There were over 125 H/O's in attendance for the Hurst/Olds Club of America 25th National Meet. This was a calculated "hit", not a random crime. The thieves knew we were going to be there, they knew which cars they wanted, they knew what they were doing and they got us! It took them less than 1 minute to gain entry to a car, have it running and leaving the parking lot. They used a white crew cab pick up truck and drove into the lot and parked like they were a guest. One person exited the truck and hit the car, then both left. They went back and forth from one hotel to the other, not raising suspicion. This was evident from reviewing the hotels security tapes. Following is a list of the cars with unique features about each. All of the cars had a roof option. 1979 Hurst/Olds black and gold VIN# 3K47R9M541546 Rare factory moonroof Rare black vinyl interior – drivers seat has a small hole from a broken spring Chrome cover over the A/C pulley mounted with brass screws Crack in the RH corner of the black dash pad Switches mounted on the hood, trunk & doors from an old security system Lock to actuate the old system is still located under the left parking light. Also in this car that may be sold separately: 4) posters of Linda Vaughn and a 1983 copy of Hot Rod magazine with Warren Johnson on the cover w/autograph 1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4799DM411549 T-tops All original 80K mile car Complete numbers matching car Maroon cloth interior Small crack (¼") in the dash by the VIN Eagle GT II tires with 500 miles Black and white authentic 1979 Michigan plate with a 1983 sticker 1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396 T-tops Maroon cloth interior Aftermarket stripes are more orange than the correct red Jack storage decal in trunk has Doc Watson's signature H/O emblem on the dash has Linda Vaughn's signature with hearts Dash has minor crackling in the center area 1984 Hurst/Olds silver VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396 Rare factory moonroof Red light mounted in each wheel well for display purposes Snaps around the underside of the hood used for attaching a cover. Now it is time for us to find the thieves. Indianapolis News, channel 8 WISH TV did an interview with several H/OCA members including 1 of the victims. To view this clip go to WISHTV.com, click on "more stories" and then "four classic cars stolen". Anyone having information about any of these cars can contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS or Judy Badgley at 517-645-7438 or djbadgley@gmail.com Please pass this along to ALL of your car friends no matter what make and model they collect. Let's make sure this doesn't happen to someone else. KEEP TRACK ON EBAY AND CRAIGS LIST FOR THESE UNUSUAL CARS AND/OR PARTS!
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Banned

i believe one of these cars was found.
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Oldsdruid

The black 79 was found stripped of its H/O specific pieces and the gold spray-bombed black. To my knowledge the others have not yet been found, and I doubt they will be.

Good idea to keep it on a front burner though.

Heavy security at car shows is going to become a way of life, I'm afraid. Three teenage punks vandalised a bunch of car corral and showcars at the Spring Charlotte AutoFair a couple weeks back. They found some fluorescent orange marker paint and went on a spray-bomb spree. The good thing is they were caught in the act, just a little late for some unfortunate car owners.
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rocketraider
The black 79 was found stripped of its H/O specific pieces and the gold spray-bombed black. To my knowledge the others have not yet been found, and I doubt they will be.

Heavy security at car shows is going to become a way of life, I'm afraid. Three teenage punks vandalised a bunch of car corral and showcars at the Spring Charlotte AutoFair a couple weeks back. They found some fluorescent orange marker paint and went on a spray-bomb spree. The good thing is they were caught in the act, just a little late for some unfortunate car owners.
I hate hearing stories like this !
They think everything is "owned" to them.
It seems if somebody has so sort of property that is nicer of what "they (ie the punks)" have or if anything at all, they have a "need" to destory it.

I have had it with teenage punks, they think they can get away with Kane! I sold my blue 92 Cronw Vic for super cheap to a punk (he thinks he can play cop with the Ford). Anyho, he had the nerve to leave a viocemail to me, telling me he forged the bill of sale (ie to pay less Maine state taxes) - AND he gave me a F-bomb voicemail message about a stain on the backseat (heck it was there before I got it).

Here I gave away this Ford for $350 (he lied over the phone claiming he would give me $550 ), plus it camewith $45 K & N aircleaner, and all this jerk can do is bitch.
All I can say at this point is, that boy is in " a heap of trouble".
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Joe From NY
I searched here but couldn't see if this was posted before or not, but i saw this on another site from last summer:

We are Forwarding along a message from Judy Badgley that she is passing out concerning the stolen Hurst's. if you run across any of these cars or unusual parts please let us know. Between 1AM and 4AM on Saturday, August 8, 2009, FOUR Hurst/Olds were stolen from 2 hotel parking lots adjacent to each other in Indianapolis, Indiana. There were over 125 H/O's in attendance for the Hurst/Olds Club of America 25th National Meet. This was a calculated "hit", not a random crime. The thieves knew we were going to be there, they knew which cars they wanted, they knew what they were doing and they got us! It took them less than 1 minute to gain entry to a car, have it running and leaving the parking lot. They used a white crew cab pick up truck and drove into the lot and parked like they were a guest. One person exited the truck and hit the car, then both left. They went back and forth from one hotel to the other, not raising suspicion. This was evident from reviewing the hotels security tapes. Following is a list of the cars with unique features about each. All of the cars had a roof option. 1979 Hurst/Olds black and gold VIN# 3K47R9M541546 Rare factory moonroof Rare black vinyl interior – drivers seat has a small hole from a broken spring Chrome cover over the A/C pulley mounted with brass screws Crack in the RH corner of the black dash pad Switches mounted on the hood, trunk & doors from an old security system Lock to actuate the old system is still located under the left parking light. Also in this car that may be sold separately: 4) posters of Linda Vaughn and a 1983 copy of Hot Rod magazine with Warren Johnson on the cover w/autograph 1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4799DM411549 T-tops All original 80K mile car Complete numbers matching car Maroon cloth interior Small crack (¼") in the dash by the VIN Eagle GT II tires with 500 miles Black and white authentic 1979 Michigan plate with a 1983 sticker 1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396 T-tops Maroon cloth interior Aftermarket stripes are more orange than the correct red Jack storage decal in trunk has Doc Watson's signature H/O emblem on the dash has Linda Vaughn's signature with hearts Dash has minor crackling in the center area 1984 Hurst/Olds silver VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396 Rare factory moonroof Red light mounted in each wheel well for display purposes Snaps around the underside of the hood used for attaching a cover. Now it is time for us to find the thieves. Indianapolis News, channel 8 WISH TV did an interview with several H/OCA members including 1 of the victims. To view this clip go to WISHTV.com, click on "more stories" and then "four classic cars stolen". Anyone having information about any of these cars can contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS or Judy Badgley at 517-645-7438 or djbadgley@gmail.com Please pass this along to ALL of your car friends no matter what make and model they collect. Let's make sure this doesn't happen to someone else. KEEP TRACK ON EBAY AND CRAIGS LIST FOR THESE UNUSUAL CARS AND/OR PARTS!
Was this article in Musclecar Review?
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by toro68
Was this article in Musclecar Review?
Not sure about Musclecar Review but it was on 'Old Cars Weekly'
http://oldcarsweekly.com/article/Sto...ound_stripped/
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Photos of the cars:

http://oldcarsweekly.com/article/Hur...National_Meet/
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider

Was that the one they found abandoned in a garage?